Club Chopper Forums

Club Chopper Forums (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/)
-   Metric Chopper Talk (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/metric-chopper-talk/)
-   -   Not a chopper but differently custrom (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/metric-chopper-talk/123233-not-chopper-but-differently-custrom.html)

Spade115 08-17-2021 08:39 AM

honestly not sure of what to recommend for welder and would hate to give you any advice that would cause you harm man. bike looks Clean though :eek:

gt alex 08-17-2021 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spade115 (Post 1288420)
honestly not sure of what to recommend for welder and would hate to give you any advice that would cause you harm man. bike looks Clean though :eek:

The welder is so I can replace the duct tape on the tank with steel.

Spade115 08-17-2021 02:58 PM

simple answer.......more duct tape....lol

gt alex 08-26-2021 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spade115 (Post 1288422)
simple answer.......more duct tape....lol

I am thinking Frame and swing arm black base with dark blue candy over it.
Seat and tank Black gloss with a little metal flake and some sort of bright colour detail.
And a little less duct tape.

gt alex 10-05-2021 10:11 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I have started replacing duct tape with steel on my custom tank.

gt alex 10-06-2021 09:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Some measuring and cutting and it's getting close to the final shape, so how about some feed back there is still a little room for change.

Spade115 10-07-2021 07:45 AM

love the tail section on it, very damn clean.

Miss the duct tape. lol

gt alex 10-09-2021 01:28 AM

I was thinking the tank looks a bit bulky still, but I don't want to reduce fuel volume and I do like it so "this is the shape", I can start the final welding and fitting the base of the tank.

The harley threaded fuel cap boss arrived but I won't weld it in till the cap arrives and I have checked they work together.

The fairing is all paid for so hopefully it will be here by the end of next week.

gt alex 10-15-2021 04:02 AM

2 Attachment(s)
fairing is here

Spade115 10-15-2021 07:55 AM

Looks good

gt alex 10-28-2021 07:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Bit more welding but out of gas now. I think this is the old school streamliner look I want on the fairing but this is a mock up I will have to get it mounted and working.