Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > CUSTOM BUILDERS/DISTRIBUTORS > Kirkscustoms

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Hellion CFL Build.
Last Post: SKT
Posted On: Today
Replies: 492
Views: 98,431
Need help all around.
Last Post: pushrod243
Posted On: Today
Replies: 3
Views: 85
Spade belt guard work with BDL TF2000?
Last Post: Damraider
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 4
Views: 170
shift linkage
Last Post: rem hamilton
Posted On: 12-10-2017
Replies: 2
Views: 130
Brake Lines
Last Post: caymanchris
Posted On: 12-10-2017
Replies: 6
Views: 987
More...
Old 12-06-2006, 03:28 PM
CC Member/Builder
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 03' & "05 Kirks Customs Rigids, '76 XLCH
Not Ranked     
BTW Dave,

Thanks, I was so overwhelmed with the text I missed the Atta Boy, Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2006, 04:25 PM
CC Member/Builder
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2003 DD Custom
Not Ranked     
Autometer is the only electronic speedo that will work on the rocker box (that I know of). I think they offer a speedo now that has the tach, dummy lights and odometer in one unit. MID-USA sells 1-7/8 gauges but they are not electronic, and to run a cable would not be the best scenario.

I used to be one of the only NOVA MMB dealers in the sates and it took 4-6 months to them, I would order 24-48 at a time to make it worth while - but I had way too many returns and problems and trying to get a credit from overseas is no easy task, so I just ate the refunds to customers - customer service is key - so no matter what, they have to be taklen care of first.

Like I mentioned earlier - if mounted on the bars (since the bars are isolated from the main source of vibration and they have dampers) they will work great - I have some customers with 5000 miles trouble free. The mian problem is (I researched this for a long time and I tried to promote the product and design for the dual gauge bracket with 48 mm Nova's almost two years ago when no one had such a product - but the actual bracket itself acts like a tuning fork and harmonics from the motor and the vibratin of the motor cause major damage to the internals of the gauge - I have taken them apart after they were returned and noticed several components had just cracked - clean thru -. I tried to mount the bracket with rubber grommet system (similar to gas tanks) for vibration isolation and it did not work - so, I tried the autometers and they have been great so far. Hope this helps.

Take care,

Dave Dupor
www.ddcustomcycle.com
Old 12-06-2006, 10:28 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
i think ill check out the autometers more thoroughly tomorrow. ddcustom has some good looking setups on his website. i wish they were smaller, but from the pics im looking at, it looks real good.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:35 PM
CC Member/Builder
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2003 DD Custom
Not Ranked     
The autometer gauges have come down in price significantly since last year - they used to retail for about 390.00 - now you can get them for about 190.00 - 200.00, your choice of chrome, black, white or chrome flame face and they are backlit indiglo blue.

I would recommend Kirks mounts - and I can get you the gauge - and have him make the mount since you want hole for lights, etc...

Give me a call tomorrow oif you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 09-21-2017, 10:37 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Hey folks...old thread, but I had seen a photo of one of Kirk's rocker box mounts and called him about it and he does have some NOS ones left to sell. I bought the "crown" design and it looks great! He asked me if I'd give him a shout-out and let everyone know he still has some mounts and some other parts left for sale.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:49 AM
CC Member/Builder
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 03' & "05 Kirks Customs Rigids, '76 XLCH
Not Ranked     
Thanks Wezx!!!

I haven't been on here in a long time, I need to get back in this game.
Sponsored Links