Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper Builder's Log > Iron Horse Chopper Builds

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
"Not the Normal" builds, from WCC
Last Post: Spade115
Posted On: Today
Replies: 19,291
Views: 5,162,735
Hello From NJ
Last Post: STEINBVG
Replies: 3
Views: 18
Chopper handlebars that are easier to reach
Last Post: Poop
Replies: 12
Views: 317
Hellion CFL Build.
Last Post: ramfootball36
Replies: 501
Views: 109,561
2006 west coast choppers cfl 2 up
Last Post: DeafBillyGoat
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 4
Views: 971
More...
Old 09-11-2010, 08:38 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2007, AIH TX Chopper, 111 cu.in.
Not Ranked     
2007 TX Chopper w/ S&S 111 and Vance & Hines Exhaust?

I tried searching and did not find an answer to the following, so if a thread exists, please let me know!

Vance & Hines made a "Big Radius" exhaust for the 2006 AIH Texas Copper, part number: 26017 - Fits 06 Texas Chopper/Slammer. ($679.77)
Drag # 1800-0258

V&H told me they are not sure if this exhaust will fit the 2007. I thought the '05, '06, and '07 are pretty much the same. Any comments on this?

Also, has anyone gone before me and put this exhaust on an '07 AIH Texas Chopper with an S&S 111?

TIA.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2010, 09:44 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 04' TEXAS CHOPPER 124ci.
Not Ranked     
'07's are the same, bikes didn't change until 2008.

Everyone and his brother are running V&H Big Radius pipes. I bought mine in '04 and the pipes were "suppose" to be on a limited run as far as production. But as with everything else in the world...when it sells, you build more.

Have you seen the 2 into 1 Big Radius?
Old 09-26-2010, 08:51 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
V&H fit the '07 !!

Just to let others know, the Vance & Hines Big Radius was a dovetail fit onto my 2007 AIH Texas Chopper w/ 111 S&S. All V&H provided components easily went together and aligned perfectly. Given restricted access to the rear cylinder exhaust studs, it was extremely helpful for me to have a second pair of hands (my wife's!!) available to keep the pipe aligned while I secured the hardware.

However, as the stock exhaust did not have removable exhaust flanges, I had to purchase parts from a H-D dealer. Here's a list of what was required:
1 each Exhaust gasket kit (two gaskets) H-D p/n: 17048-98 at $7.95
2 each Retaining ring (cir-clip) H-D p/n: 65325-83A at $1.10 each
2 each Exhaust ring clamp (chrome plated flange) H-D p/n: 65328-83 at $13.09 each

NOTE: the Vance & Hines instruction sheet INCORRECTLY advises the H-D exhaust FLANGE p/n to be "65325-83" however this is NOT the flange but is the retaining ring (cir-clip).

V&H could not confirm fitment onto my bike and they also told me this exhaust was discontinued in July (2010).

Hope this information may be useful to others.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:55 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 04' TEXAS CHOPPER 124ci.
Not Ranked     
Good to hear you got them on...

nice advice on the stuff you had to pick up seperately.

Did you leave the baffles in?
Old 09-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Yes, I left the baffles in. Wish I had thought to check tightness of baffle bolt for when i back off on the throttle it "BRAPS" harshly. Maybe this is just typical, but the sound approaches that of a metal-to-metal vibration - either by itself or a combination of vibration intermixed with normal backing off sound.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS -
The sound while idling is awesome - a good throaty, yet mellow rumble - almost sounds like I'm talking about wine, eh? Acceleration has a pleasing sound as well as while cruising.

The V&H setup is louder than the stock two-into-one exhaust, but not so much so that you want to return to stock, pack the baffles, etc.

The Big Radius look warrants spending the money, as the 2-into-1 look is so clunky and metric looking for my personal taste.

Bike is still undergoing its 500 mile break-in, so until I get beyond 2000 miles I won't be accelerating hard nor going much over 65. For now lots of back roads to keep me varying speed.

Thanks for reading & commenting!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 04 texas chopper
Not Ranked     
Is taking the baffels out a good idea
Old 08-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Plasterhead
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: '98 FXSTB
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronix View Post
Is taking the baffels out a good idea
I've heard some say you will lose a little HP by not having the back pressure the baffles provide. You also may have to rejet your carb, depending on how it runs after removing the baffles. You wont "hurt" anything by trying as far as I know.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:14 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I have an 07 AIH chopper and have VH but they are not that loud when riding and suggestions
Old 01-05-2018, 04:17 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Sometimes I have a little wobble when riding, I didnt know if there was a brace you can put on the front? Other thing I was wondering about was putting on inverted forks? looking for some suggestions
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2018, 04:20 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I have an 07 AIH chopper and have the VH pipes but they are quiet when driving, any suggestions. The other thing I was wondering about was the front sometimes wobble, so I didnt know if there was a brace that can be put on or using inverted forks? looking for some suggestions