Club Chopper Forums

Club Chopper Forums (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/)
-   HR3 Goliath & Nemisis Builds (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/hr3-goliath-nemisis-builds/)
-   -   Nemisis 250 Question (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/hr3-goliath-nemisis-builds/78358-nemisis-250-question.html)

Stever 07-24-2009 10:40 PM

Nemisis 250 Question

Hi There - I am building a Nemisis 250 with a Sportster 1200 Engine. I purchased an extended drive sprocket but am not sure if the rear wheel should be centered in the rear frame section or offset to one side which it appears to need?? As a few other people have commented they are shocking on getting back to you and as a first time builder this is really frustrating.
Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Steve

Tim B 07-25-2009 02:51 AM

i have that same frame and what i'm going to do and i may be wrong but it seem logical to me is run a center line with a laser set up i made right down the back bone and center the back wheel on that

mle 07-25-2009 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim B (Post 949910)
i have that same frame and what i'm going to do and i may be wrong but it seem logical to me is run a center line with a laser set up i made right down the back bone and center the back wheel on that

Tim B is right
Laser is cool or you can take a string and line it up with the back bone.

Tim B 07-25-2009 04:08 AM

i made my unit out of a piece of threaded rod and a plumber's pipe plug and i cut a piece of wood that would run parallel to the back bone to mount the laser on and i centered it in the neck and with the back bone at both end of the back bone and then you can center the back wheel on the laser line. it works pretty good

mle 07-25-2009 04:35 AM

I got a 18" laser but haven't used it yet for that purpose,
I kinda centered it on the rear tire of a roller that I have and it shot a good line up the backbone to the neck just to try it out. Other bikes I used a string line from the neck to the rear tire.

Stever 07-25-2009 02:54 PM

Thanks so much guys I will give that a go.
I would appreciate any other hints that you guys may have.