Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper Builder's Log > Hardcore II/Outlaw Builds

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Ultima 140
Last Post: Neverlost
Posted On: Today
Replies: 24
Views: 2,471
CfL top motor mount
Last Post: robertarner
Posted On: 03-07-2024
Replies: 1
Views: 802
Post up WCC Engraved Air Cleaner Pics
Last Post: Choppa
Posted On: 03-01-2024
Replies: 66
Views: 20,375
Drive Belt question for Iron Horse Judge
Last Post: veronawhite
Posted On: 02-28-2024
Replies: 1
Views: 496
More...
Old 04-06-2004, 02:28 PM
NIMDA
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 Outlaw 110
Send a message via Yahoo to Punisher
Not Ranked     
Hard Core II builders

To all the Hard Core II builders.

I have one for ya. This stupid rear fender strap. What bolts did you use to mount that to the frame,,, and how did you attach it to the rear fender??

I was going to bolt it to the frame, and weld it to the fender, but getting the placement of it is a bit tricky. I do have the other three fender mounts drilled, and tightened. But this strap has me thinking….

How did you guys attach the strap to the fender? And yes pictures are worth a thousand words.

Thanks
Punisher

PUNISHER
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2004, 04:10 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2007 Road King Custom
Not Ranked     
Punisher,
I welded my support bracket to the fender. It took a little tweaking of the support bracket because of the fender not being true. Also the bolts that came with my kit for securing the fender support, they didn’t fit. I had to get new ones I think the threads were different. Sorry I don’t have any PICS my tins are still with the painter.

Mike
Old 04-06-2004, 05:00 PM
NIMDA
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
That is the very same thing I ran into.

Thanks for the info!

Punisher

PUNISHER
Old 04-06-2004, 05:12 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom Chopper/Home-made
Not Ranked     
Re: Hard Core II builders

Quote:
Originally posted by Punisher
To all the Hard Core II builders.

I have one for ya. This stupid rear fender strap. What bolts did you use to mount that to the frame,,, and how did you attach it to the rear fender??

I was going to bolt it to the frame, and weld it to the fender, but getting the placement of it is a bit tricky. I do have the other three fender mounts drilled, and tightened. But this strap has me thinking….

How did you guys attach the strap to the fender? And yes pictures are worth a thousand words.

Thanks
Punisher
I had to buy new bolts as well. I am using a double-sided tape used in horse-trailer construction to attach the fender to the hanger, in case the next owner ever has to remove the fender. It is expensive, but lasts forever.

If we are the only intelligent life in the universe, at least there's a finite number of idiots

Just when you realize life's a bitch, it has puppies
Old 04-06-2004, 05:58 PM
NIMDA
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Hey Sgt, nice to see your still around, hows the trainees???

Thanks for the input on this silly strap. Sure would be nice to have a strutless support back there. but I'll live with it.

Did anyone paint theirs?? I was gonna have mine painted.

I finally got mine from the shop today, and will be taking the after pics tomorrow so I can post them.

We need to start a thread for the builders of the HCII so we can keep tabs on the progress of each others builds.

Anyway, thanks again for the input,
Punisher

PUNISHER
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2004, 06:02 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Neutral     
I had my fender strut painted to match the base color of my bike. I'm hoping to have my tins back this week.
Old 04-06-2004, 06:49 PM
NIMDA
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
After taking a look at Chopper Wop pics, I do have another question for ya guys.

I have mocked up the bike and since taken off the rear wheel and each time I managed to scrape it against the frame marring up the pulley because the brake bracket didn’t come off with the tire.
Now on my HD, this is not necessary, as the wheel can be removed with out it. Is this not the case here with the HCII?
How can I protect the soon to be painted frame, and the pulley and or brake bracket from further abuse?????

As always, thanks for the help.

Punisher

PUNISHER
Old 04-06-2004, 06:50 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2002 Softail 88B, 2004 Hardcore II 100c
Send a message via AIM to BigRock4545 Send a message via Yahoo to BigRock4545
Not Ranked     
Punisher,
I think a thread for the Hardcore II is a great idea. We should do it to it.
Rock
Old 04-06-2004, 07:06 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by Punisher
Hey Sgt, nice to see your still around, hows the trainees???

Thanks for the input on this silly strap. Sure would be nice to have a strutless support back there. but I'll live with it.

Did anyone paint theirs?? I was gonna have mine painted.

I finally got mine from the shop today, and will be taking the after pics tomorrow so I can post them.

We need to start a thread for the builders of the HCII so we can keep tabs on the progress of each others builds.

Anyway, thanks again for the input,
Punisher
There is a thread.....can't remember what it is called, I think it is just "Hard Core II"

Trainees are a little tired........but they will live. Don't work too hard-later

If we are the only intelligent life in the universe, at least there's a finite number of idiots

Old 04-07-2004, 04:09 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
SapperLohr

Where do I get that special double sided tape you used to secure your fender strap. Also, will the rear fender support a passenger's weight with the fender strap/strut installed.

VROD
Old 04-07-2004, 09:22 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Punisher,
I did the same on my pulley. I ended up wrapping the rear of the frame with bubble rap and 100mph tape.

VROD,
I was told that the rear fender strut will support a passenger, but I wouldn’t chance it. Especially being that it’s a rigid, I don’t want to tweak or bend a freshly painted fender.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:51 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by VROD
SapperLohr

Where do I get that special double sided tape you used to secure your fender strap. Also, will the rear fender support a passenger's weight with the fender strap/strut installed.

VROD
3M makes it...I ll get the # off of it and post it. It is strong as hell, and leaves room for a very small amount of movement. It absorbs a lot of the vibration that would transfer through the fender and into the seat, from what I have heard. I find that a little bit hard to believe, since it is less than a1/4 inch thick, but we will see....

Old 04-07-2004, 11:01 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Hardcore II,2000 FLH,98 DWG,05 Custmchp
Send a message via AIM to Magicman
Not Ranked     
Hi guys , I just stumbled on this forum and as I am well into the build of my Hardcore II looks like this is a good place to be. I actually picked up my kit during bike week from a dealer in orlando. I already have everything painted and are about 60% finished with final assembly. Plumbing and wiring being the bigest chores left. The kit I bought was mocked up at this dealer for display purposes and broken back down for me to transport home(Houston) I've already mocked it up and checked everything with only a few minor problems to address. Since alot of the packages were opened previously I am missing some paperwork on a couple of the items?? Did your come with anything (wire color idenity) for the headlight? 5 wires? Pretty much got everything else figured out but ya'll may be able to save me a little time if I find out which are which on the headlight.
As far as mounting the rear fender I actually fabed a 2 piece bracket . The first piece about 5" long by 1 1/2" wide 3/16" .and welded it to the frame just behind the bar behind the Oil tank just in front of the fender area.Then the matching bracket sits on top of that one and is welded to the fender . I posistioned the fender and drilled two holes and bolted it down and used the lower hole as supplied. In the rear support area I drilled through the fender and tapped it to fit the rear turnsignal bolts to make this puppy rock solid as well as a dual purpose bolt. Will be hauling a passenger occasionally .Actually she's walking past me every night with P-Pad in hand trying to get me to hurry up.I'll post some pics soon as I get a little time. Oh also interested in what everyone paid as I noticed there was quite a difference quoted from different dealers. I paid 12,500. Could have ordered one cheaper but a bird in the hand is worth cash to me.Hate waiting for anything.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:34 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Magicman,
Sounds like you got a great price, I paid $13,400 for mine. Did you get directions with your wire harness?
Old 04-07-2004, 02:10 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

Thanks Sapper, MikeMC and Punisher on your postings. They were all very helpful...

I ordered my HCII back in October before teh price change. I ended up paying just over $12K for fully polished kit but had to wait until the first of March before I got the kit. (Long story) Without any bike building experience the bike was really not that difficult to build. I finished my mockup in about three nights. The toughest part was to get the rear wheel to fit in the frame. I had to take quite a bit of spacers off (over 1/8th inch). Of course along the way I did a few stupid things: Cross threaded my rear axel because the frame cutout was too tight, almost messed up my front fork by putting the spacers in the wrong sequence, and use the bolts from the Revtech engine crate instead the chrome bolts for mockup, and found out the bolt size is different so everything is off by 1/8th of an inch.... Just to name a few. I did get my frame powdercoated and actually got it back within 4 days. Everything is bolted back on to the bike now (Spent quite a few hours last Friday, Saturday and Sunday) and all I have left is wiring. The tins are getting painted and the painter kept on complaining about how bad of the finish the fenders and tank are. I am glad he is not charging me more for the work.

I should have the bike all bolted up and running in the next two weeks. (I hope) I will take some pictures and post them on the thread soon. Thanks again for all the interesting postings.