Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper Builder's Log > Hardcore II/Outlaw Builds

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Ultima 140
Last Post: Neverlost
Posted On: Today
Replies: 24
Views: 2,471
CfL top motor mount
Last Post: robertarner
Posted On: 03-07-2024
Replies: 1
Views: 802
Post up WCC Engraved Air Cleaner Pics
Last Post: Choppa
Posted On: 03-01-2024
Replies: 66
Views: 20,375
Drive Belt question for Iron Horse Judge
Last Post: veronawhite
Posted On: 02-28-2024
Replies: 1
Views: 496
More...
Old 04-25-2004, 05:47 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom Chopper/Home-made
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by Punisher
Fat,
Red, blue or silver,, it wouldnt matter, your bike is sofaking SICK!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! Excelent job!!!!

Hopefully I can get mind back soon and start the finish,,,, im getting restless,,, and nothing against those of you who have finished your bike,, Im tired of not being the one that is done... You know what I mean... YOU have all done such a great job!!

Sgt,,, whats going on with yours???

Anyone else done or getting close to being done??

For the three that have just finished, how was it getting titled, licensed, and insured??

Ride Safe,
Punisher
Mine should be ready within a couple of weeks. Work is killing me, but the tins are almost ready, and so am I! Bikes are looking great guys. Keep the pics flowing!

If we are the only intelligent life in the universe, at least there's a finite number of idiots

Just when you realize life's a bitch, it has puppies
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2004, 06:43 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thank to all you guys' good words!

I tooks the tins off and will try to finish wiring the next day or so. I didn't hook anything to the starter button below the key. Mike, or Magic, do I hook the accessories and lighting 12V+ together to the ST terminal on the ignition switch?

I am in Maryland and the I have heard the State Police is pretty tough. I have had a couple of out of State Salvage bikes and inspection appointments do take a while to get; but the cops are pretty cool once they know you are fixing it for yourself so I am hoping this bike will be the same. I have also heard the Virginia is much easier to special construction bike titled. I will try to find out the details from Maryland police and post the info here in the next couple of days. But I am sure your state will be little different though. FATKAO
Old 04-25-2004, 10:24 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2002 Softail 88B, 2004 Hardcore II 100c
Send a message via AIM to BigRock4545 Send a message via Yahoo to BigRock4545
Not Ranked     
Hey,
I got the belt drive installed. I used one washer to space the front pulley. Does this sound right? I have read a couple guys only used one shim or two, I used a washer. One washer spaced it out very nice, seems perfect. I used the one of the washers that came with the shims. Let me know what you used and if this sounds right.
Thanks again,
Rock
Old 04-26-2004, 06:54 AM
One mile from home.
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 07 CFL
Not Ranked     
Big H Cycles in virginia said it isn't a problem to get the bike titled and insured here in VA. Which I was suprised.

I would guess the southern states are a lot easier in getting a built bike on the road.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 06 FLHX HD, twin cam A&B
Send a message via Yahoo to timebomb
Not Ranked     
did you guys wire everything single fire or dual fire?

Im guessin' single
Old 04-26-2004, 02:22 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I called Maryland MVA and State Police to inquire about registering special construction bike, and this is what I have found:

1. Need MSO for both frame and engine, and every receipt on the bike when you show up for your police safety inspection.

2. Safety inspection is held on Tuesdays between 8:30am to 1pm. Their number is 410-768-7388. They take salvage bike appointments but for safety inpection they told me to show up as early as possible after 8:30am.

3. In Maryland the state inspection is pretty strict. They will check the following:

Swing arm - N/A
Steering Head - OK (no mention on the angles on the triple tree)
Wheel Alignment - OK
Handlebars - OK
Shock Absorbers - OK
Wheel Bearing - OK
Frame - OK
Brake (road test) - OK
Mechanical linkage - OK
Mechanical components - OK
Hydraulic System - OK
Linings/Pads - OK
Drums/Discs - OK
Tires F/R - OK
Wheels F/R - OK
Tank/Tubing - OK
Choke/Throttle - OK
Exhaust condition - OK (no mention on noise level)
Headlight- OK
Turn Signals - Need to be turn signals, not markers
High Beam indicator - Need to make one
Tail Lamps - OK
Stop Lamps- Need front stop lamp switch
Tag Lamp - Need to make one
Reflectors - front and rear left and right
Horn - OK
Switches - OK
Connections - OK
Mirrors L/R - need to have both
Passenger items - with footrest you definitely need a hand strap
Seat - OK
Engine Mounts - OK
SideStand - OK
Chain adjustment - OK
Chain Guard - OK
Fender - OK
Speedo/Odometer - need to install one.
Reading of pads and discs thickness.

I have to add quite a few items to make it Maryland legal...

Your State's requirement should be a lot different. I know in PA you don't need turn signals. Hope this helps.. FATKAO
Old 04-26-2004, 02:25 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I wired for single fire.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Hardcore II,2000 FLH,98 DWG,05 Custmchp
Send a message via AIM to Magicman
Not Ranked     
I used one washer and one shim on the front pulley. For wiring the coils , Single fire. The white wire with a black stripe will go to the two inner terminals on the coils (closest to the key) the light blue wire goes to the rear coil on the outside and the pink wire goes to the front coil on the outside (outside=nearest the coilwires) Warning guys!!! Mike have you had this problem??
The gas cap when the tank is full leaks. This problem is with all of the type caps that are of the pop-up JJ take caps. Three other people that I spoke to at the rally have the same cap/tank and all leak when you have enough fuel in the tank for the bottom of the cap to be in the gas. The only cure is to not put gas any higher than just below the cap. Haven't asked CC about it yet. But mine was the only one that came from them. All the rest were bought from other sources. Oh and I didn't use the lower button I wired everything to the handlebar controls for starting.
Don't sweat the wireing guys its not that hard at all.
Word of advise use locktight on everything that is steel 2 steel.
Use aircraft nuts on everything you can. This is my second rigid and so far the only thing thats even loosened at all is the rear pulley bolts and they weren't very loose and I checked EVERYTHING. Rode mine to work today and have had people looking at it all day.
Just be prepared the women love these bikes
Old 04-26-2004, 04:07 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004 Hardcore II, 98 FLHTPI, CFL Started
Send a message via Yahoo to superjet
Not Ranked     
WhoooooooHoooooo!!! I just ordered one!
Cripes, now I have to wait a month for the damm thing.
Thanks to everyone who posts here. My decision was made due to the feedback on this site about this kit.
I am so freakin' stoked I can't see straight!
Old 04-26-2004, 04:48 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up General HCII questions...

Wassup Everyone!
(I think I finally got this in the correct forum)

1st, I cant the forum exists, there is a Lot of Great info here! Very cool you all have been willing to share...

Ive been thinking about building a HCII for a couple of months now but was a little apprehensive about getting into it because Im brand new to building choppers. However, Custom Chrome says almost anyone can build this bike.

Id really appreciate anyone's thoughts on the following.
- could someone with minimal mechnical knowledge complete this kit?
- approximate hours to build
- any special tools needed?
- what should I expect to pay for a nice paint job? (also, saw in the threads that the tin was not completely ready for paint. any charges for this work?
-I live in CA and contacted Custom Chrome about our crazy emissions laws. They said it wouldnt be a problem.. anyone else out there know if this is accurate?

Very excited about this project... Must sell current bike before ordering the HCII (self imposed rule...) Hopefully this month...?

More later...
Andrew

PS - Fatkao... nice modified bars on your kick ass bike!!! Was this difficult to do?
Old 04-26-2004, 04:50 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004 HCII, 110"
Not Ranked     
Ditto! I'm in the same boat. Can't wait to get my feet wet. Awesome forum!

This thread convinced me to DO IT!!!
Old 04-26-2004, 06:20 PM
NIMDA
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 Outlaw 110
Send a message via Yahoo to Punisher
Not Ranked     
Superjet and Wdglide

Glad we could make up your mind!!!!

Punisher

PUNISHER
Old 04-26-2004, 06:52 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Magic, thanks for the wiring info. I am glad I did it right the first time. I almost hook up the black wire from the voltage regulator to the ground instead of the 12V+ terminal on the battery, good thing I double checked...

The drag bar was very simple to do. It is a 30.5 inches drag bar that you can buy from any motorcycle shop for about $25. Make sure you buy the later style that have indentations by the controls so the wires can be completely hidden. I drilled a 1/8 inch pilot hole near the inside edge of the indentation, then use a 3/8" drill bit to enlarge the holes. Did the same thing at the center of the drag bar with two 3/8" holes and grind the holes smooth with a drammel sanding bit. It took about 30 minutes to drill the hole with a vice holding on the the bar on my basement floor. All I used were a regular hand drill and drammel. It's easy to do - but you do have stretch out quite a bit to reach the bars. The gas cap is really close to the triple tree so your drag bar with center pull back choices are limited.

I have never build a bike before other than putting chrome lowers and a chrome swingarm on my old Harley. It does require a lot of patience but not a lot of extra money because most of the stuff fits. The guys on the posting the last few months (Sapper, Mike, Punisher and Magic) really posted a lot of good stuff and guided me through most of the install. We really have to thank them because now we are reaping the benefits of their work... FATKAO
Old 04-27-2004, 07:12 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Hello Magicman, I doubled check my coil wiring and I did the exact the opposite. I had white/black wire from the ignition and black/white wires from the main wiring harness hooked up to the tower side (plug side, outside) and pink wire on the inside front and blue on the inside rear. Isn't the plug side the positive side of the coil? I am confused and please comment when you get ac chance. Thanks! FATKAO
Old 04-27-2004, 09:01 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004 Hardcore II, 98 FLHTPI, CFL Started
Send a message via Yahoo to superjet
Not Ranked     
Fatkao,
Could you post a picture of you on your bike?
I really like the handle bars you have on it, but I want to see how layed out you are on it.
You know this goes for everyone. Let's see some pictures of you on your bikes!

Jamie