Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper Builder's Log > Hardcore II/Outlaw Builds

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Quick question about softail heritage saddlebags
Last Post: Aussiechop
Posted On: Today
Replies: 0
Views: 9
Anyone use a Kraft Tech frame for their build?
Last Post: STEINBVG
Replies: 35
Views: 1,299
Tranny
Last Post: Daxcobra
Views: 18
5 BBC frame weld problems
Last Post: waxlrose
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 1,142
Views: 132,280
Midwest to Sturgis 2014
Last Post: BA Bobbers
Posted On: Yesterday
Views: 14
More...
Old 03-14-2012, 07:28 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 Hardcore II
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers420us View Post
Hey guys... I hope everyone is still lurking. Wondering if someone has a spare coil they want to part with. Hate buying two just to replace 1 faulty one...
Did little quick shopping try this Voodoo High Performance Dyna Compatible 12-Volt Green Coil | 534-800 | J&P Cycles maybe punisher won't have to break his set.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Hey everyone. I first registered in 2005 but due to family obligations, work, etc I have not been here in a loonng time! However, my HC II has been done and registered for years and am happy to say she runs and rides great!
Question, as I am not too computor savvy, how do you post a photograph? I'd like to show her here, in all her black and chrome beauty.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Anyone know how to adjust the turn radius on the triple trees? I got some new bars and the riser just touches my tank when I turn all the way to the left. It still has like 1/4" turned to the right.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Maybe but you'll have to drop the front end. Take your tank off and lower the front end. There should be two countersunk screws holding the plate to the lower tree. If the long slot is on the back side where the key is in the lower neck cup, remove the screws and spin the plate around to the short slot. It sounds like that plate wasn't installed right. You did say the risers not the handlebars.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1989 Harley Davidson FXR
Not Ranked     
Punisher----long time no see Brother (old name was "SapperLohr", you helped me build a HCII via internet back in 2002). Good to see you are still hanging around keeping the HCII builder thread straight! Do you still have yours?
Old 08-07-2012, 05:32 PM
NIMDA
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 Outlaw 110
Send a message via Yahoo to Punisher
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SG Lohr View Post
Punisher----long time no see Brother (old name was "SapperLohr", you helped me build a HCII via internet back in 2002). Good to see you are still hanging around keeping the HCII builder thread straight! Do you still have yours?
Hey Top, yeah Im still around. not active much, but check in every now and then.

I sold that hardcore back in 05 and built its bigger brother, the hardcore II softail. They really are the same bike, but the HCIIS came with a 250 rear, 110 revy and of course the swing arm. I built that one in 06 and still have it.

Congrats on the promo, when ya make Top?

Gotta run, Later!

PUNISHER
Old 10-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Newb sayin Thanks!

Just want to thank all the contributors to this thread! In March 2012 I bought a Hardcore II that was built in 2004 with only 3,000 miles on it and have been lurking in the shadows collecting a lot of great information from you guys ever since...especially since CCI customer service is non-existent! I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules but I gotta say that John at Scooters in Sanford, Florida (who I found on this forum) has a great shop and has been a big help to me locally. Thanks again!
Old 10-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Neutral     
Info on bike just purchased

Recently purchased a chopper. Its registered as a 2005 ASVE (Assembled Vehicle) in Kansas. I have it identified as either a Goliath or a Hardcore by CCI. In following the threads CCI is out as a source of information. What I have is a RevTech 110 with a RevTech six speed, and a 3" BDL open primary drive. The BDL has a 4" x 4" mounting holes for a cover, so I gather it is pre 2006.

What I am looking for is a Manual for the engine, wiring diagrams, fluid capacities and basically anything that will help me do the daily wrenching. Is a Clymer (etc) manual close enough to use and what particular one would be close.

I've wrenched my own Harley's for most repairs and maintenence and this "Chopper" is on my bucket list to own and run. So any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 05 HCII, 87 FLHTC, 00 XL1200C and others
Not Ranked     
Just keeping the thread alive! Just like my HCII!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:20 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: HCII 2005 100ci Rev Tech
Not Ranked     
Hey guys... Haven't been on in a long time. I retired and moved from Texas to Spring Hill, Florida about 50 miles north of Tampa.

I have a question... I think my started finally crapped out, I know many of you had problems with this same started and replaced it. What starter did any of you go too, and how has that one worked?

Send me an email at montanachet@yahoo.com

I've also written an ebook that is now available at smashwords.com or at Barnes & Noble and other book stores titled "Air Safety (Inside the FAA)" it's only $5.99 I'm currently about half way through writing a fiction book about an air disaster that follows the NTSB through the accident investigation to find the cause is something the airlines and the FAA don't want anyone to know. It will be titled "Falling From a Cloud" and based on a real practice by the airlines that has created accidents waiting to happen.

Thanks
David Amsden (AKA Montanachet)
Old 03-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I have about 72000 miles with a Spike 2.0 which I've replaced the brushes on once. It labors over the compression stroke but spins it fine once it does.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:21 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thanks Pat,

I've got a 100 CI which came with the plugged holes on the right side of the head in which I installed Vulcan compression release valves. So I don't have the compression problem any more. It's been a long time since I built it, but as I recall there were several parts that needed to be figured out to work before installing the original starter. I think shaft size or something. Did you need to do anything other than buy the 2.0 spyke and just bolt it right up? Looks like I have to remove the oil tank/battery box to get access.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:22 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
My message above printed twice with only one click of the quick send button and when I clicked the edit/delete function, it just went to the edit screen and I found no way to delete it, so I just erased the duplicate message and left this message.

Last edited by montanachet; 03-05-2013 at 08:28 AM..
Old 03-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanachet View Post
Thanks Pat,
Did you need to do anything other than buy the 2.0 spyke and just bolt it right up? Looks like I have to remove the oil tank/battery box to get access.
It's tight but I can take my starter out without removing my oil tank. The nut that holds the hot wire is a little fun to get back on but it's doable. With compression releases it ought to spin it like there's no tomorrow.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:30 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Anyone know what length and type of throttle cables for the mikuni on the hcII?