Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper Builder's Log > Hardcore II/Outlaw Builds

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Anyone use a Kraft Tech frame for their build?
Last Post: nglshbiker
Posted On: Today
Replies: 37
Views: 1,361
Big Bear Chopper primary questions
Last Post: pushrod243
Replies: 4
Views: 78
Damn rags
Replies: 6
Views: 144
Quick question about softail heritage saddlebags
Replies: 1
Views: 55
Damraider MIDS for sale/trade....CHEAP
Last Post: pop 28
Replies: 2
Views: 249
More...
Old 04-16-2004, 10:22 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

Punisher,

I route the front breakline under the bottom triple and secure it with a hex bolt and a soft (small) metal strap, screw through the bottom of triple tree stem. (similar to how stock Harley softail route their front brake lines) The rear line I connected the black brake line from the forward control kit to the shorter stainless brake lines to the rear caliper. I had to loop the black brake line a couple of times by the forward control because the lines are too long. I will keep it like that for now and deal with it later when the bike is up and running. I should be getting my tins back in the next few days and if I can figure out the wiring stuff I will try to post the instruction to everyone. (big if though, I might not be able to figure it out, which is not unusual)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2004, 05:50 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Hardcore II,2000 FLH,98 DWG,05 Custmchp
Send a message via AIM to Magicman
Not Ranked     
Hey guys fired the bike up last night !!! Sounds great. No starter problems at all as long as you crack the throttle just a hair. Timeb
I had the same problems with the wiring as you and can help u out somewhat.Ishould have written everything down as I went but I didnt. ALL of the solid color wires will match up. for the turn signals I dont remember which is which exactly . The solid orange wire and the orange wire with the white stripe go together for sure .This is your accessory power wire . The turn signal wires as best as I remember are the violet with a stripe on one side and I think brown with a stripe these are the ones that go to the red wires on each signal I dont remember which ones go to the grounds.Your front signals will only have one wire but the rear will have a red(power) black(ground) coming out of the light. Both sets are inrternally grounded as long as they are solid mounted to solid metal. If not you will have to conect the black wire to a good ground. Your going to doing alot of cutting soldering so make sure you have lots of shrink wrap. If you have any other questions I'll try to help out. Oh on the headlight the black and white go to a ground the green and blue(Hi beam) go to the white lead on the harness and the brown goes to the yellow on the harness(Low beam)
Also I rigged up a led light and stuck it up under the riser clamp and wired in my oil pressure switch. Looks clean and works great. I'll be posting pics of the vcompleted animal this weekend . All I have left to do is bleed the brakes and do a few test rides and recheck everything. And change out the broken handlebar clamp
for the switch housing. I epoxied it and its functional but still gonna change it out.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:59 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
As far as the brakeline goes I used the longer one from the master cylinder and routed it to the LEFT side of the frame under the voltage regulator ran down the LEFT side of the frame then came across the crossmember where the rear fender mount is Tied in the adapter for the sending unit and mounted it to the frame then ran the shorter one out to the right side and down the rail to the caliper. Works out good and is the perfect length for this. Maybe this was CC's plan to keep the rear line totally away from the exhaust? Don't know but it works pretty good.I too plan on getting a clamp to secure the front line. Also everybody need to be aware you'll have to buy/ build or whatever a jiffy stand extension. It tucks up under the beltdrive and you sure cant reach ot with your foot. Just something to be aware of. And the horn sounds gay.Kind of like a toyota horn. Or and Old VW. LOL Anyway got paint to spray so I can get home and snap a few pics. Will post soon.
Bruce
Old 04-16-2004, 08:09 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 06 FLHX HD, twin cam A&B
Send a message via Yahoo to timebomb
Not Ranked     
right on magic. Im rigin' it now...
Old 04-16-2004, 09:33 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Hello Bruce or anyone - Any kickstand extension that you guys recommend that works well? Thanks for the tip on wiring.
Old 04-17-2004, 12:01 AM
NIMDA
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 Outlaw 110
Send a message via Yahoo to Punisher
Not Ranked     
Kick stand extension???

Is this the lill thingie that will keep the kick stand from ending up under the primary belt?? Check out my picks, I have something on mine that Im hoping will keep that from happening. Also, I have a wedge between the stand mount and the forward control to get her to lean ove a bit more,,,, I didnt trust the way it was designed, and she almost fell over while mocked up.

Punisher

PUNISHER
Old 04-17-2004, 12:02 AM
NIMDA
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by timebomb
right on magic. Im rigin' it now...
Timebomb, you suck!!!!

Just kidding, Im glad your done!! now lets see some pictures!

Punisher

PUNISHER
Old 04-17-2004, 12:21 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 06 FLHX HD, twin cam A&B
Send a message via Yahoo to timebomb
Not Ranked     
done! punisher, Im more than two weeks out

quit pressurin' a mother f*cker
Old 04-17-2004, 03:02 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2007 Road King Custom
Not Ranked     
She is done!!!! check my pics attached to my user name.

Mike
Old 04-17-2004, 03:34 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Woo Hoo I'm done!!! Took it for a couple of test rides and everything works great. Gonna go for a longer one shortly. A couple of pics are up.
Old 04-17-2004, 05:59 PM
NIMDA
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by timebomb
done! punisher, Im more than two weeks out

quit pressurin' a mother f*cker
TimeBomb, I was just kiddin ya, hope your doing the same!!

Mike, Magic, You two did a great job!!!! Both bikes look better then anything I could imagine simply EXCELENT!!!!! I would be glad if mine looks half as good.

Ride Safe!
Punisher

PUNISHER
Old 04-17-2004, 08:45 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2007 Road King Custom
Not Ranked     
Thanks, the bike is running good but my battery is beat, need to buy a new one. Other than that, the bike runs strong.

Mike
Old 04-18-2004, 06:17 AM
One mile from home.
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 07 CFL
Not Ranked     
How does it ride? Can you feel every crack in the road?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2004, 08:50 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Mine runs great.Punisher sure yours will come out just as good.Pretty quick bike.Handles really good. Just be ready to leave yourself alot of room to turn around LOL. I've found that if you open the throttle just a crack when your cranking it will fire right up every time otherwise it drags a little. Other than that I rode 20-30 miles last night and so far not a single problem. Everything still tight ( Used locktite on EVERYTHING LOL).
Decided against adding the kikstand extender I just shut off the bike and lean down and grab it with my hand easy to do and folds up completely out of sight. Definitly gonna put a speedo on at some point. Kept passin everything on the road and with no tag or registration that could get me in trouble really quick. Gonna tackle the registration process monday. Will keep and eye on the board for progress of everyones bikes. Keep the pics coming.
Bruce
Old 04-18-2004, 10:20 AM
NIMDA
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
magic, When the speedo is in your buget, check out ebay. I asked my local shop about the pricing, (wanting to go thru him first) he couldnt beat the price and told me to go for it. I will go thru him for all the others that I'll need for it, like the tranny pick up (speed) the mount, (havent decided to go with the top or riser mount) and what ever else I may need.

Mike, are you recharging or replacing your battery?? I ask, cus mine is for sale as I have to go to a smaler sized battery for my application. If you can get the acid, I can ship it to ya. (they wont allow the acid to be shipped)

Again both bikes are hott!!!! and all 3 that I have seen completed here is the club have EXCELLENT!!!

Ride Safe,
Punisher

PUNISHER