Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper Builder's Log > Hardcore II/Outlaw Builds

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Ultima 140
Last Post: Neverlost
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 24
Views: 2,473
CfL top motor mount
Last Post: robertarner
Posted On: 03-07-2024
Replies: 1
Views: 804
Post up WCC Engraved Air Cleaner Pics
Last Post: Choppa
Posted On: 03-01-2024
Replies: 66
Views: 20,377
Drive Belt question for Iron Horse Judge
Last Post: veronawhite
Posted On: 02-28-2024
Replies: 1
Views: 498
More...
Old 04-12-2004, 03:43 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2007 Road King Custom
Not Ranked     
Thanks,
A few more days and she'll be complete!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2004, 06:47 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Hardcore II,2000 FLH,98 DWG,05 Custmchp
Send a message via AIM to Magicman
Not Ranked     
Another late night. Brake lines too long for the rear .
Figured out the color codes for the headlight . Now I have to figure out the ones for nthe handlebar controls. Did ya'lls come with a diagram for the controls? Really hate having to disassemble the bars to figure out which goes with what. Need to know what color wires go with what . They sure don't match those on the wiring harness. Mike did you leave on the modular plugs on the harness? Those things are way too big for me. Probably gonna eliminate most of them. Everything else in good shape. Ought to be ready for a test ride in a few days. Got a fatboy to paint this week on top of all the other regular work.
I do most of the bike painting myself after regular hours so I won't have as much time to work on the chop till I get that done.
More pics as soon as It's finished.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:12 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Magicman,
If I remember correctly the handlebar switch wires should match the harness as far as the solid colors go. I believe the switch wires may have a solid color with a stripe color. I just matched the solid colors up with the solid colors in the harness and all worked well. I did keep the modular plugs, but I'm thinking of eliminating them as well. They do take up way to much space. I'll try to take a pic of the handle wires and where they meet the harness for you.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:22 AM
NIMDA
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 Outlaw 110
Send a message via Yahoo to Punisher
Not Ranked     
Magicman,

Now you had to post pics,,, as mine is going for paint, I see how I could have put passenger pegs in it.... (no time to change it now,, will bolt something on later)

Both you and mike make me so jelous,,,,,, At this point, Im just a dreamer,,,,, but a month from now, Ill sittin right where you are,, trying to figure out that dang wireing......

The shop here where I bought mine said to cut out the connector boxes and solder the wires together.... (mental note, buy new soldering iron)

Both bikes are hottt and hopefully, mine will be just as smokin'

Punisher

PUNISHER

Last edited by Punisher; 04-12-2004 at 08:31 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2004, 07:59 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Punisher,
I originally had a rear passenger peg-mounting bracket on mine. It was bolted on just behind the trans where the lower rear fender mount is and I just took it off last week. I feared that the weight of a passenger might tweak the fender and ruin my paint. Anyway my wife doesn’t like bikes and she only rode on the back of my Softail once.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:18 AM
NIMDA
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by mikemc
Punisher,
I originally had a rear passenger peg-mounting bracket on mine. It was bolted on just behind the trans where the lower rear fender mount is and I just took it off last week. I feared that the weight of a passenger might tweak the fender and ruin my paint. Anyway my wife doesn’t like bikes and she only rode on the back of my Softail once.
My wife is not to keen on bikes either, but my two daughters LOVE them......

How much ya askin??

PUNISHER
Old 04-12-2004, 09:13 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I think I'm going to hold on to it, I may later remount it. I only paid $40.00 for it new and it's all chrome
Old 04-12-2004, 09:56 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I'm basacially eleminating the secondary plugs, running lights and turn signals. But keeping them on stuff that may need replacing at some point.Main harness plug. I fabed a bracket to mount the relay box under the seat above the oil tank . I was going to take the similar color of the wires route . Just got my LED lights in today so got even more wiring to do. Putting Blue led accent lights up under the tank and here and there. We've got a run to go on on the 21st and If I can get a test ride in by this weekend it will go otherwise not. So working under somewhat of a deadline. Trying to hide it from my buddy that wants it till after then. LOL.Was your rear brake line too long ? About 6-8"? I can route it around to make it work for now but a shorter line would make it a straight shot down the framerail.Thinking about making some sort of LED indicator light panel for at least Oil Pressure/ Neutral and Key on. Will definitly do it on the next one for sure.
Out of curiousity what is everyone paying to have their body/paint work done?
Old 04-12-2004, 10:34 AM
NIMDA
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Mike, where did ya get it?? I have looked, and cant find them for the 5 sp tranny.

Magic, I hear ya there on keeping the connectors on stuff that might later come off. That is a great plan.
On the note of break line. At the Donny Smith show up here a couple weeks ago, there were builders using just the small thin black plastic tubing for both front and rear break lines. One guy even used a chorme wire ties to tie it to the forks to "clean" up the lines. These lines have a bursting rating higher then any pressure we can put thru then with the system we are using. The are allpied with the nut and collar, kinda like home water lines. I am gonna be doing that on mine when I get to that point.

Just thought!

Punisher

PUNISHER
Old 04-12-2004, 02:47 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Punisher

I used the bracket for the 4 speed trans and mounted it on the lower bracket for the rear fender support. The pass peg bracket holes will fit between the bracket on the frame. Drilled two holes and it looked good. I'll send you a pic.

Magicman,
Sorry I couldn't get a good pic of the wires
Old 04-12-2004, 05:50 PM
NIMDA
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
That would be GREAT,

Punisher102@yahoo.com

Thanks

Punisher

PUNISHER
Old 04-12-2004, 11:22 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Got all the wires figured out ,not to big a deal. Pinched the harness under the right had controls and then the lower cover broke when I was reassembling it
Hope I can buy just that part and not have to buy the whole control handle set. Sure wouldn't replace it with anything that easy to break. Just got all the wires hanging all over it and temporarily connected .Everything works. Got fire through to the plugs . Motor spins over Looks like I should get everything wired up wednesday night. Not going to be able to do much if anything tomorrow night.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:15 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Any of you guys going to use a set of exhaust/torque cones to increase backpressure in the pipes? I just bought a set, I heard they work well...any comments

Mike
Old 04-13-2004, 03:17 PM
NIMDA
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Since I have no idea what your talking about, my answer would be NO, im not gonna use them....

I plan on staying stock,,,, at least for now.. My funds are gone as I bought a dakota digital dash for it.

Punisher

PUNISHER
Old 04-13-2004, 03:53 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Hard Core II/75 Sportster XLH
Not Ranked     
Hey Punisher did you get the 5000X? I'm leaning with that model too. Pictures as soon as you install. What bracket did you order for the DD.

Indy