Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper Builder's Log > Hardcore II/Outlaw Builds

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Ultima 140
Last Post: Neverlost
Posted On: Today
Replies: 24
Views: 2,459
CfL top motor mount
Last Post: robertarner
Posted On: 03-07-2024
Replies: 1
Views: 791
Post up WCC Engraved Air Cleaner Pics
Last Post: Choppa
Posted On: 03-01-2024
Replies: 66
Views: 20,364
Drive Belt question for Iron Horse Judge
Last Post: veronawhite
Posted On: 02-28-2024
Replies: 1
Views: 485
More...
Old 04-30-2004, 04:17 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Re: california DMV

Quote:
Originally posted by kevinhog
Anybody done this yet with the Hardcore II ? I'm still waiting for my kit to arrive but am concerned about how much that's going to cost me. Someone told me if you take the bare to CHP they will put numbers on it so can forego some of the DMV hassles. How bout requirments as far as DMV inspetions. Any information would be helpful.
Thanks
Kevinhog
Hey Kevinhog,
I havent ordered my kit yet have to sell another bike but I was wondering the same thing as you. There is some pretty good information on http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/spcns_main.htm but I havent done it yet so I cant say for sure it its comprehensive. Looks complicated but doable...

Keep me in the loop on this as Im, hopefully, going to be building one this summer. Where are you in CA?

Drew
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2004, 06:58 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Congrats Timebomb... Magic you should start charging for advise. Your diagnose is better than CCI's ... Thanks. FATKAO
Old 04-30-2004, 09:58 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004 Venom Prostreet
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by timebomb

I think we all deserve a cold one
Speaking of a cold one....did anyone else see this.....

Cool can has own fridge :

A cold beer or soft-drink could soon always be at hand with the invention of the self-chilling can.

Twisting the bottom of the tin energises a mini-fridge built into its base that brings down the temperature of the contents by at least 17C.

Florida company Tempra Technology claims to have perfected the technology at a price that manufacturers should be able afford.

Chief executive Barney Guarino said the company was talking to several brewers and the cans might go on sale this year, although the technology was still too expensive for mass-market products.

The can is double walled and the chamber surrounding the drink is filled with a water-containing gel which is separated from a vacuum in the can's base by a breakable seal.

A quick twist of the base breaks the seal, allowing the vacuum to lower the pressure and so evaporate the water from the gel. The heat needed to evaporate the water in the gel of the outer chamber is drawn from the drink itself, causing the fluid to drop to just above the freezing point of water in minutes.
Old 05-01-2004, 07:28 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Hardcore II,2000 FLH,98 DWG,05 Custmchp
Send a message via AIM to Magicman
Not Ranked     
Glad to help. Accept cash Visa /MC and American Express LOL
Old 05-01-2004, 12:27 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom Chopper/Home-made
Not Ranked     
Hard Core II Wiring

I am lost, HELP!! Someone mentioned a 13 page wiring diagram that came with their bike?--I did not recieve one, and am totally lost on a few aspects of this wiring. If any of you have a scanner, PLEASE scan the diagram and email it to me!, I also have a fax machine if you can fax it. I am trying to finish this thing this weekend, because I go back to working 0430 until 10 at night on Monday. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
My email address is welty.lohr001@earmyu.com

Thanks
SL

If we are the only intelligent life in the universe, at least there's a finite number of idiots

Just when you realize life's a bitch, it has puppies
Old 05-03-2004, 02:22 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Sapper,

I can scan the documents and post them for you tomorrow. I think by now we all kind of know exactly how the wiring works thanks to Magic and Mike. I will get the scan files and send it to you. You can post the wiring question and I am sure we can take a shot at answering it. FATKAO
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2004, 05:38 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by Fatkao
Sapper,

I can scan the documents and post them for you tomorrow. I think by now we all kind of know exactly how the wiring works thanks to Magic and Mike. I will get the scan files and send it to you. You can post the wiring question and I am sure we can take a shot at answering it. FATKAO
Punisher already hooked me up, but I really appreciate it anyway. We got it figured out, and should be done tommorow or wednsday. Thanks again, Punisher, and thanks for the thought, Fatkao.
Don't work too hard, gentlemen, and I will have pics up by the end of the week.

SL

If we are the only intelligent life in the universe, at least there's a finite number of idiots

Old 05-03-2004, 07:47 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 06 FLHX HD, twin cam A&B
Send a message via Yahoo to timebomb
Not Ranked     
hey guys, I was buttoning up my wiring, and trying to clean up some of the mess I got goin on, when I came across my "VOES" switch! as you all know by know, this is my first attempt assembling a two wheel vehicle (well, with a motor anyway). what is this switch, where does it go and how the hell do I hook it up...

if this gets done I might need to ride it cross country and buy ya'all beers
Old 05-03-2004, 08:07 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Sapper, Glad you got the wiring diagrams from Punisher hope your bike is on the road soon.

My bike's progress has stalled a little but I should have everything warp up hopefully by this Thursday. Assume the bike is assembled correctly and doesn't blow up I will take pix of the finished bike too.

Timebomb. I did ask about the VOES setup and I was told that I don't have to worry about it. VOES sensor goes into the front cylinder and connect through your iginition wiring. I was told by a couple of bike builders that it's not necessary to install it so I am skipping it for now just for the sake of getting the bike running first. I am not 100% sure but I definitely think you don't have to have it installed to run the bike normally. FATKAO
Old 05-03-2004, 08:18 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by Fatkao

Timebomb. I did ask about the VOES setup and I was told that I don't have to worry about it. VOES sensor goes into the front cylinder and connect through your iginition wiring. I was told by a couple of bike builders that it's not necessary to install it so I am skipping it for now just for the sake of getting the bike running first. I am not 100% sure but I definitely think you don't have to have it installed to run the bike normally. FATKAO
The VOES doesn't have to be installed at all--that is just some emissions crap. We skipped it, and everything appears to be fine, so I would assume that you are correct.

Best of luck in the whole "bike not blowing up" thing. And thanks again for lookin' out for me here with the diagram.
SL

Old 05-03-2004, 08:55 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
right on sapper and fat, thanx, I was worried there for a sec...
Old 05-03-2004, 09:11 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: which one?
Send a message via AIM to kevinhog
Not Ranked     
the Voes switch has to do with the electronic ignition knowing when and how much to advance. I think you should call the ignition manufacturer what they think.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:22 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by kevinhog
the Voes switch has to do with the electronic ignition knowing when and how much to advance. I think you should call the ignition manufacturer what they think.

hmmmmmmm...

that sounds alittle more important...
thanks for the heads up kev.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:52 PM
NIMDA
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 Outlaw 110
Send a message via Yahoo to Punisher
Not Ranked     
Timebomb,,,, you bitch,, how did you get the 110 ci??? It just came out,,,, and wasnt offered with the kit even as am option when I ordered mine..... DAMN!!!!!!!!

I want one!!!!!!!!!

Punisher!

PUNISHER
Old 05-03-2004, 10:05 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by Punisher
Timebomb,,,, you bitch,, how did you get the 110 ci??? It just came out,,,, and wasnt offered with the kit even as am option when I ordered mine..... DAMN!!!!!!!!

I want one!!!!!!!!!

Punisher!
muuaaahaaahaaahaaaa...

ya, actually its a long story, I got lucky...