Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > CUSTOM BUILDERS/DISTRIBUTORS > General Builders/Distributor information

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
10 My First Build... an 06 CFL 2Up 2Out
Last Post: Rigid Heathen
Posted On: Today
Replies: 26
Views: 721
Looking for advice from the Old Pros...
Last Post: axeychrome
Posted On: 10-23-2020
Replies: 28
Views: 1,264
Teardrop Gas Tank Replacement
Last Post: R1_4Life
Posted On: 10-22-2020
Replies: 0
Views: 58
SAT Motorsports rigid attempt.
Last Post: JamesS
Posted On: 10-21-2020
Replies: 41
Views: 1,779
New CFL acquisition...
Last Post: Rigid Heathen
Posted On: 10-18-2020
Replies: 3
Views: 316
More...
Old 11-18-2011, 07:03 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by liljerry564 View Post
You didnt scare me away I was gettin my truck ready for winter so I wasnt on my phone. Yes right now Im workin out of my garage and have a 9 to 5 job. I started my own business because Im sick of my job and thought it was time to do something I love. I get noone wants a bike when they havent seen my builds so im trying to sell parts to fund a build. Im also trying to make my own parts to sell. My goal is to build bikes that people can afford and not ask 150 to 200 grand.
Even a low priced bike is hard to move now. It's like trying to sell boats or snowmobiles, it's not in the cards right now. People are just trying to buy groceries and pay their rents or mortgages, not looking to buy toys. What makes you think the average guy can afford that? The yuppies are all gone now that the fad is over and there's no more equity in peoples houses to tap for lines of credit so that leaves the blue collar crowd, and guess what? They're broke.

What are you expecting to hear? These guys are just telling you what you probably already know. Shit, you yourself work and you can't even find the funds to put a bike together at cost. Why do you think everyone else can?

There's no magic bullet.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I think people have money. I spray bed liners and I do 2 to 3 brand new trucks everyday. There like 40 grand. I don't know how people are doin it. I just wish country would go back to normal. I would like to service bikes when I know more about the motors and build a few. I have 2 motors that I'm rebuilding now for the xs
Old 11-18-2011, 11:11 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
I think people have money. I spray bed liners and I do 2 to 3 brand new trucks everyday. There like 40 grand. I don't know how people are doin it. I just wish country would go back to normal. I would like to service bikes when I know more about the motors and build a few. I have 2 motors that I'm rebuilding now for the xs
You think people have money because you do a few trucks a day? You need to get out more!! Its obvious that you have very little if any experience building or servicing bikes...If you really plan on making a go of a shop to build and service bikes, you need to go to school, get certified, work in a shop to get some experience and then if you feel the same, go for it....It will be a lot less painful.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I can't go to school. I have a mortgage to pay. I didn't go to school for cars and I konw almost everything about them
Old 11-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
I can't go to school. I have a mortgage to pay. I didn't go to school for cars and I konw almost everything about them
so....you have the thousands of dollars worth of diagnostic equipment it takes to work on cars nowadays? I'm in the business and I assure you....you NEVER know "everything about cars".....how old are you man? You sound like your in your early 20's or so.....ya know it all.... but not enough to make a living at anything.

no dis-respect intended of course
Old 11-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I'm 27. And I didn't say I know it all. I know a lot for teaching myself I think.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:35 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I'm sorry, what was the question again?
Old 11-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom 2000 FLSTF
Not Ranked     
Well Jerry,.....I have to say, you are sounding very young and inexperienced.........the more you post here.

You "did" say you know almost everything about repairing cars, and even if you were talking about pre-computer controled vehicles,.......say, from the 60s and 70s,......well, I know guys 2 and 3 times your age who don't know almost everything about them,........and they've been working on them all their lives.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
I stand corrected
Old 11-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I work I newer cars. I service all of mine. I want to fabricate parts. I posted a pic of my truck all of that is hand built by me and the whole truck has been rewired and its turboed.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2011, 02:12 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANKTHECRANK View Post
5 yrs after the chopper craze died down.
Did the chopper craze die down, or did the economy just kill it? It seems to me in a good economy there would still be a healthy chopper appetite.

Maybe the styles change a bit; the nastalgic chops are enjoying success right now...

I dont know if we are fucked just yet...hopefully we can get some different leadership asap...but I do think there is a new normal ... the economy will never burn that hot again until people forget how it melted down...
Old 11-18-2011, 02:16 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300build View Post
so....you have the thousands of dollars worth of diagnostic equipment it takes to work on cars nowadays? I'm in the business and I assure you....you NEVER know "everything about cars".....
amen.

i am not in the business but it seems like it moves FAST almost like smart phones. you would have to sprint to keep up

there is almost nothing i can do on my wifes car excpet top of hte washer fluid and drop it at the shop. and i consider myself borderline handy
Old 11-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by clspht View Post
If you really plan on making a go of a shop to build and service bikes, you need to go to school, get certified, work in a shop to get some experience and then if you feel the same, go for it....It will be a lot less painful.
exactly. well said.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom Roadstar, Redneck Monoshoc
Not Ranked     
You'll shoot your eye out kid!

Everything I know about motorcycles and fabrication is completely 100% self taught, nobody ever showed me a thing. I learned it all on youtube or here or from books. I've got a pretty good following for service work though these days I turn it away because I'm lucky enough to have a great day job and would rather work on my own bike in my spare time. What I suggest is that you start working on guys bikes for cheap. I used to give everyone one freebie, they bring the parts, I do the labor. It showed them I'm a class act and get the job done properly. Word of mouth spreads quick, and in my area there is a severe lack of local talent. Make yourself some business cards and get your name out via your friends. Don't ever expect to make a living building one off bikes, it's just not happening these days, but you can for sure make a nice little side business working out of your garage. If you let any one of the army of naysayers here stop you, then you were never up to the task to begin with. You have a day job that pays the bills, so you're already ahead of the game.

330 Monoshock Build
00 Roadstar Project Bike

Cherry Hill, NJ
Fountain Hills, AZ

Last edited by moespeeds; 11-18-2011 at 02:27 PM..
Old 11-18-2011, 03:35 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: chopped hardtail 100"Evil Evo
Not Ranked     
the money is in repairing all the godamn JUNK that people have sold to noobs.