Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > CUSTOM BUILDERS/DISTRIBUTORS > General Builders/Distributor information

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
I'm Baaaaaaaack...
Last Post: pushrod243
Posted On: 10-25-2020
Replies: 2
Views: 309
10 My First Build... an 06 CFL 2Up 2Out
Last Post: Rigid Heathen
Posted On: 10-25-2020
Replies: 26
Views: 838
Looking for advice from the Old Pros...
Last Post: axeychrome
Posted On: 10-23-2020
Replies: 28
Views: 1,312
Teardrop Gas Tank Replacement
Last Post: R1_4Life
Posted On: 10-22-2020
Replies: 0
Views: 80
SAT Motorsports rigid attempt.
Last Post: JamesS
Posted On: 10-21-2020
Replies: 41
Views: 1,819
More...
Old 11-17-2011, 11:55 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by liljerry564 View Post
Yeah I would love to post pics of work but I don't have the money to start anything. I have an xs 650 but no title so I need a frame. I started a tank for it awhile back but never finished it
ya don't need a title to build a bike that showcases your ability....no one's gonna do business with someone who doesn't have example's to show customers...would you?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2011, 11:58 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: bdm mastiff,bdm pitbull,
Not Ranked     
I dont think its just the chopper bussiness thats suffering..... I'm a HVAC tech & I do alot of other skills such as Refrigeration,welding, electrical, plumbing.. ect..& most of my customers.. are cut throat... if thay can get something for even a few bucks less thay will cut me out in a min..even after 10+ yrs of service. with them.. I maintain alot of fast food joints.. all the coolers,ice machines,cooking equipment, ect..& I still have problems keeping enough work..... even though someone may find a cheeper price.. I have seen some real shitty work... the customer just dosent understand quality work.. but thay are quick to complain over a higher invoice...
Old 11-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Yeah I guess I don't but then I can't ride the bike or anything. Id rather build something I could sell.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:11 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 01 Fatboy,65 Matchless, 83 V-65, +more
Send a message via AIM to rastoy
Not Ranked     
Why can't you get a title for it? Since you're "in the business" you can always put a mechanics lein on it - assuming it's not stolen - and get a title.

Nevermind, you're hopeless.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I bought the whole bike from a junk yard with no title. I asked the title company how I can get one and they told me no. Not even as a custom build.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom 2000 FLSTF
Not Ranked     
So let me get this straight,.........you started a chopper shop, oh I don't know, lets say 5 yrs after the chopper craze died down.

You started a new business when the economy is at an all time low, record low unemployment, poverty levels at record lows also, and it's almost winter in Ohio, to boot.

And now you say you don't have any bikes you built/modified/worked on,......to show anybody your work.

I don't know,.....maybe all the new buzz on the Discovery Channel will revitalize the market, and you'll be ahead of the next wave.

Good luck.

Last edited by FRANKTHECRANK; 11-17-2011 at 12:59 PM..
Old 11-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 47 Knuk,34 frame, 45 front end
Not Ranked     
In the custom bike building world I think the cafe racer is the new chopper

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who would do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. Albert Einstein
Old 11-17-2011, 01:59 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004 CFL
Not Ranked     
What's your bizness?
Old 11-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 Buell Blast
Send a message via Yahoo to Spade115
Not Ranked     
Right now its Cafe racers soon it'll be trikes and side cars due to all the baby boomers and their babys wanting to ride at an old age.

I have to agree with frank What the fucks wronge with you starting a motorcycle shop with no work done to any bike?

If your hurting to finish a bike how can you repair a bike if you have to buy the parts to get it done?

I might be overly mean on this post, BUT I have talked to a lot of people who bought their first bike/started working on their first bike and are now opening up a shop. How many bikes have you worked on in the year youve been open? Your best bet is going back to backyard building out of a garage so you can save money without spending any at a shop you have to rent.

Id rather goto a backyard mechanic and pay for the work to be done right because I know he's been there for years doing the work then a shop that says "chopper shop" and dosnt have anything to show for work.
Grease
Quote:
Originally Posted by apehangeralfy View Post
When I roll by cows in the winter, they get jealous:
LBS
Old 11-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade115 View Post
Right now its Cafe racers soon it'll be trikes and side cars due to all the baby boomers and their babys wanting to ride at an old age.

I have to agree with frank What the fucks wronge with you starting a motorcycle shop with no work done to any bike?

If your hurting to finish a bike how can you repair a bike if you have to buy the parts to get it done?

I might be overly mean on this post, BUT I have talked to a lot of people who bought their first bike/started working on their first bike and are now opening up a shop. How many bikes have you worked on in the year youve been open? Your best bet is going back to backyard building out of a garage so you can save money without spending any at a shop you have to rent.

Id rather goto a backyard mechanic and pay for the work to be done right because I know he's been there for years doing the work then a shop that says "chopper shop" and dosnt have anything to show for work.
I'm thinking its out of his garage as it is
Old 11-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom 2000 FLSTF
Not Ranked     
I think we scared him away..........
Old 11-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 01 Fatboy,65 Matchless, 83 V-65, +more
Send a message via AIM to rastoy
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by liljerry564 View Post
I bought the whole bike from a junk yard with no title. I asked the title company how I can get one and they told me no. Not even as a custom build.
You better find a better title company. What you get is called a salvage title.

Nevermind, you're hopeless.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom Roadstar, Redneck Monoshoc
Neutral     
Everyone is broke man, every one of my friends. Business is tough, and this economy just gets worse all the time. I think we are fucked. We need less people, less infrastructure, less taxes, less gov't, more tariffs on imported goods, less EPA regulation, less debt, less lawyers, less corruption, less gluttony. Oh did I mention we are running out of fresh water and oil may run out much sooner than we all think? Google it.

330 Monoshock Build
00 Roadstar Project Bike

Cherry Hill, NJ
Fountain Hills, AZ
Old 11-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANKTHECRANK View Post
I think we scared him away..........
You didnt scare me away I was gettin my truck ready for winter so I wasnt on my phone. Yes right now Im workin out of my garage and have a 9 to 5 job. I started my own business because Im sick of my job and thought it was time to do something I love. I get noone wants a bike when they havent seen my builds so im trying to sell parts to fund a build. Im also trying to make my own parts to sell. My goal is to build bikes that people can afford and not ask 150 to 200 grand.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:50 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
There's a 2 week wait here to get inner tubes in my tire from a real motorcycle shop. I had to go to a scooter shop or pay some hole-in-the-wall used car tire place to get it done sooner. Very few independent bike shops and dealers are relatively far.

Whenever I park my bike in front of the car repair shop, people always ask me if they do repairs or maintenance on motorcycles.

I bet you'll get customers if you did basic stuff like that too.