Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Consumer Alert/Praise forum

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Vstar Hardtail Chop
Last Post: spidr
Posted On: Today
Replies: 275
Views: 20,722
Won't idle
Last Post: STEINBVG
Replies: 7
Views: 102
My 4up CFL build
Last Post: masterjedifocus
Replies: 367
Views: 45,178
gopro video from a few weeks ago on the CFL
Last Post: El Skitzo
Replies: 4
Views: 93
Anniversary Ride
Last Post: BadDawg
Replies: 7
Views: 116
More...
Old 02-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2003 CFL in progress. TP 124
Not Ranked     
What's up with Vulcan aka motorway engineering?

I bought a Vulcan (motorway engineering) distributor and cam cover for my sportster 140. Very nice unit. Sent cam back to vulcan to get machined and placed several follow up phone calls and emails with no response. No response through eBay, no response through his website email, and phone just rings with no answering machine. I was thinking of buying his xzotic panhead rocker boxes for the same build but now I'm having second thoughts. I don't like the frustration of poor communication.

I had one conversation with the guy just after the purchase and he seemed cool and helpful but now nothing. I hope he is on vacation because this is no way to treat a customer. If he picked up his phone I would probably dump another $700 on the rockers. I tried placing the initial order for the cam cover over the phone but no response so I place the order through eBay which costs him 10%. Bad business is costing him I think.

Anybody else have an experience with Vulcan, good or bad? I doubt he's avoiding me so there's got to be other frustrated customers.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 02:29 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Joe's a bit of a case but makes good stuff for reasonable prices...I've done business with him quite a bit.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: chopped hardtail 100"Evil Evo
Not Ranked     
I dun know how many times I tried to warn ppl about this guy. Once he's got your money it's fuck you time.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300build View Post
Joe's a bit of a case but makes good stuff for reasonable prices...I've done business with him quite a bit.
I think it will work out but it's testing my patience. And those who know me know I'm a pretty patient and easy goin guy.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings View Post
I dun know how many times I tried to warn ppl about this guy. Once he's got your money it's fuck you time.
I would like to give him more $ but he won't pick up his phone. Good thing I guess.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:35 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: shovel chopper
Not Ranked     
i got a pan head motor from him a few years ago...i recieved no paper work with it .. many called with no respone.... even had someone from another site vist him and recieving nothing...i found out later that the locals don't deal with him either... he's only after the first sale after that your fucked... cut your losses and move on
Old 02-07-2013, 07:46 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 80 shovel/09 asve EVO
Not Ranked     
Just bought a compensator from him, quick and easy.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:58 AM
Douchebaggery
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 05 Barefoot Choppa
Not Ranked     
Sounds like its hit or miss with this guy....Personally, theres enough negative here to steer clear from ordering anything....just my.02
Old 02-07-2013, 08:27 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop 28 View Post
i got a pan head motor from him a few years ago...i recieved no paper work with it .. many called with no respone.... even had someone from another site vist him and recieving nothing...i found out later that the locals don't deal with him either... he's only after the first sale after that your fucked... cut your losses and move on
I WAS a local and you're right. With him its hit or miss, you never know.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
always have had good luck....you guys are doin it wrong
Old 02-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
An update on Joe from motorway. He's been answering his phone and being a good dude answering questions. My patience for everything is waning not because of him but others in this business who aren't timely. In the end everything has worked out for all my transactions so I'm taking a chill pill.

He just sent out my shit today so all is good hopefully. I don't want this thread to reflect badly on the dude so when I get my stuff I will update the thread so everyone knows the guy is solid.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:38 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: shovel chopper
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by flysocal77 View Post
An update on Joe from motorway. He's been answering his phone and being a good dude answering questions. My patience for everything is waning not because of him but others in this business who aren't timely. In the end everything has worked out for all my transactions so I'm taking a chill pill.

He just sent out my shit today so all is good hopefully. I don't want this thread to reflect badly on the dude so when I get my stuff I will update the thread so everyone knows the guy is solid.
i really hope your right and you get your stuff..... but unfortunately thats how Joe works when hes cornered. he promises you the world just to get you off the phone.....heard this to many times. i hope your right
Old 02-27-2013, 04:50 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I hope you got a tracking number
Old 02-28-2013, 11:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 99 softail,
Not Ranked     
Lol Red!! A few of us have been through this with him. Same old game. Tracking number doesn't. mean much when all the parts are not in the box.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Got everything and more. I ordered his xl cam cover/distributor so he machined my #2 cam for free, machined my intake for free, threw in a pulley cover for free. Got Vulcan panhead covers and dyna 3 ohm coils. Joe gave me a great deal. So this consumer alert thread turned into a praise thread. Yeah not the best communication in the beginning but all good in the end. The quality of the product is top notch and Joe means well I think.