Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper News

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
127 Better compression release.
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: Today
Replies: 7
Views: 139
45 degree rake - Help! Vstar wheel flop.
Last Post: clspht
Replies: 18
Views: 1,656
Will it sell???
Last Post: SKT
Replies: 25
Views: 669
"Not the Normal" builds, from WCC
Last Post: Half-Fast
Replies: 17,818
Views: 3,402,748
oil seal
Last Post: pnookie
Replies: 16
Views: 1,012
More...
Old 08-03-2009, 04:06 AM
Douchebaggery
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 05 Barefoot Choppa
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANKTHECRANK View Post
It's going to be just like helmet tickets,....you go to court, lose time and money from work, beat the helmet or pipe ticket because no one can present a list of compliant helmets or exhaust systems,..........you pay court costs, and your on your way. Ticket dismissed.

Ambiguous and vague laws can be beat, but still make tons of money for the courts, because most will just pay the fines and not fight it, and those who do fight and win are still charged court costs before they came leave.
Wow, RI sucks. If you fight a ticket in nj and win, you don't pay shit, no court costs and thats the way it should be.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2009, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor  
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2005 BBC Venom Chopper, S&S 96
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode Warrior View Post
Newport too. They are notorious for loud pipe tickets.
But I hear the Chief of Police there has a bike with straight pipes. Friend told me you can see if parked outside the police station.

The life of the land is perpetuated in righteousness.

"Gentlemen, we must all hang together or assuredly we shall all hang separately."

Old 08-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by CENJIM View Post
But I hear the Chief of Police there has a bike with straight pipes. Friend told me you can see if parked outside the police station.
Wouldn't surprise me at all.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:52 AM
'03 AIH/113" S&S
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2003 AIH 113"
Not Ranked     
More and more towns are implementing these laws. I got a ticket in New Hope, PA for noise violation, I was pulling 92db in an 86db zone! Cost me $75 and I haven't been back since, so I guess it worked. It's discrimination and a money maker for the town. Basically it's a win-win for them, they get loud bikes out and make money in the process. If they were serious about noise, they'd be issuing citations to people mowing their lawns. Lawnmowers produce decibel levels over 90.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2000 FLSTF, 2005 WCC CFL
Not Ranked     
OK, this may be why suddenly, the Bristol Town Council and police seem to be taking more measures to rid the town of bikers.

This happened a month ago, a friend I work with told me about it, (he knows of the guy in the story), but it hit the news on TV tonight, with hidden security camera footage of the whole fight. Here's the story.

Police investigate bar brawl at Topside
Four men allegedly assault Hell’s Angel gang member at Topside Lounge on July 3; victim declines to press charges
By Rob Merwin

BRISTOL — Police are investigating a “large disturbance” at the Topside Lounge on Friday, July 3, in which a member of the Hell’s Angels motorcycle gang was assaulted by numerous people. The victim, whose name was not released, received various lacerations and had blood all over his head and face, according to a Bristol police report. He was transported to Rhode Island Hospital where it was discovered he had also suffered a broken ankle, broken nose and a possible leg fracture. He did not press charges.

Two suspects in the assault, Carl Nordstrom, 56, of Cranston, and Paul Meloche, 51, of Las Vegas, Nev., had left the Topside on motorcycles before police arrived but were shortly apprehended near the Mt. Hope Bridge. They were arrested based on witnesses’ descriptions.

Mr. Nordstrom was charged with disorderly conduct and having a prohibited weapon other than a firearm (a knife). Mr. Meloche was also charged with disorderly conduct, as was a third suspect, Paul Nazarian, 50, of Cranston, who was arrested on Monday on a bench warrant issued by Bristol police. Lt. Steven Contente said the case is ongoing and there may be additional arrests.

Police were able to obtain statements from several witnesses at the Topside, but the majority of people did not want to give their name or any information, according the police report.

The report states the victim was inside the bar when Mr. Nordstrom, Mr. Meloche and two unidentified men entered. The victim approached Mr. Nordstrom and, after shaking his hand, exchanged words with him and shoved him. Mr. Nordstrum then punched the victim in the face, who fell to the ground as two employees tried to separate them. Mr. Nordstrum hit one of the employees and then got on top of the victim and began striking him in the head and body. (The employee also did not file charges).

According to the report, witnesses stated an unidentified man “began to wave a knife telling everyone to stay back” while a second unidentified man began pushing people away from Mr. Nordstrum and the victim. Both unidentified men kicked the victim while he was on the floor.

Mr. Nordstrom then allegedly stood up and began kicking the victim in the head and body along with one of the unidentified assailants. The report states Mr. Nordstrom then dragged the victim to a doorway and began to strike the victim in the head with the door by opening and closing it as Mr. Meloche kept bar patrons away. Afterwards, the four men left the bar, kicking the victim in the head as they passed by.

Bristol rescue personnel transported the victim to the hospital, and Mr. Nordstrom’s and Mr. Meloche’s motorcycles were towed.

When police asked Mr. Meloche about the incident, he replied, “All I know is that the Hell’s Angels guy hit my buddy first.”
Old 08-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
In the report on TV, it was stated that Nordstrom had previous altercations with the HA's, in which he has brawled before.

The news report also stated that town and state police are trying to intercept any revenge from the HA's, which they believe is expected.

They also mentioned Nordstrom was a gold glove boxer in his younger years.

I'll try to get the video up.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor  
Bike Year, Make, Engine: Some kind of big ass V2, Alcohaulin' Ass
Send a message via ICQ to Mr Scary
Not Ranked     
Frank...Let the whole CJ thing go. In my opinion...(for what it's worth)....it shouldn't be mentioned.

It's a real problem.

^ ^ ^Click The Pic^ ^ ^
<--124...127-->
Old 08-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I know what your saying, but it's all over the news and internet now so,..........everyone is already, ...or will be,..... talking about it.

If anyone wants to see the video, just Google it.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor  
Not Ranked     
Not a dig on you. I hope you didn't take it that way.

I just wanted it on record that we shouldn't talk about this issue.

That's all.

As you were.

^ ^ ^Click The Pic^ ^ ^
<--124...127-->
Old 08-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
No offense taken,............I know what you mean.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Douchebaggery
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 05 Barefoot Choppa
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scary View Post
Not a dig on you. I hope you didn't take it that way.

I just wanted it on record that we shouldn't talk about this issue.

That's all.

As you were.
Why?
Old 08-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 73 xl 1000
Send a message via Yahoo to vivisix
Not Ranked     
wow, how about a pre-82 run of the loudest, mot obnoxious bikes in town?
Old 08-03-2009, 07:59 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
sounds like some real-life biker wars. this story is almost as good as the history channel show gangland.

sounds like some dudes from Nevada were in bristol conn. and beat the hell out of a hells angel.

there must be more too this.

i
Old 08-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Its hard to be a "biker" in Rhode Island, look at all the shit we have to deal with, add on top of this our fucked up roads, deteriorating bridges, retarded drivers, rediculous property tax {paid taxes when I bought the bike, and still have to pay them every year over and over}, plus this years constant rain, why bother, lol....

As some of you know, there is A LOT more to that story than a 3 minute video, RI is a small place and if you dont know at least one of the people in that video personally, you need to get out more..... or not....
Old 08-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor  
Not Ranked     
Aye!!!!!!!!!

We don't have all that much to complain about.

EG is just one town...and it's already being challenged.

Smithfield supposedly passed a DB ordinance. No biggy. Don't be an ass (not you specifically) and it's all good.

What if one is familiar with everybody in the vid?????? LOL

^ ^ ^Click The Pic^ ^ ^
<--124...127-->