Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > The Chopper Lounge

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

  •  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
First build - beginner questions
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: Today
Replies: 16
Views: 148
WTB: chopper fucker battery box
Last Post: John Spartan
Posted On: 10-14-2019
Replies: 7
Views: 3,323
My Evo 5 & speed in FLH 4 speed frame
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: 10-13-2019
Replies: 20
Views: 520
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: donald branscom
Posted On: 10-12-2019
Replies: 41
Views: 6,808
Project Blast!
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: 10-10-2019
Replies: 14
Views: 975
More...
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2010, 07:21 AM
Devils Advocate's Avatar
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Bike Year, Make, Engine: Chopped '97 Sporty
Posts: 2,075
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverlost View Post

Yes the economy was doing good when clinton/gore took over, because they rode the regan wave and when clinton /gore left. The market was crashing/911 . Yeah thank god for bush.... Then we had barney ****** frank(Dem) and bunch to thank for the start of the mess we are in now. they killed the housing market ,which was hooked to the credit markets and the banks and best of all they blamed Bush. what a joke!!! and now all the crap nobamas doing to the country? Yeah go Dems. We have to keep saying it because the dems are so slow to get it , you would think they would look at history and see they been wrong all along, like whats his name oh yeah carter,WOW... Its funny some of them are starting to get it.. only if we keep telling them how wrong they are..Time for another revolution/ tea party.... oh yeah how you going to add jobs by attacking/taxing business?making them compete against gov subsidized take over buisness? Oh yeah the dems dont want to drill here drill now lower gas prices and create jobs? thanks dems , keep up the tax and spending we all know that wont work but they keep doing it what a bunch of losers. Did you see who and how Chrysler was taken over? Only the dealerships that contributed to the dem party,they were the ones who survived and the others were shut down..how nice ...We should split the usa down the middle and let the dems have fist pick ( so latter they cant say we took the best side) And see who does what? the consevers would have a STRONG ARMY the dems would be like france. we would have a strong economy because we would not punish business for doing business on and on, you know we would use our own oil, ect..create jobs, and best of all we would have small limited government..and we would build better choppers because we are not told how to think....LOl the dems would be riding ahhh yeah Chinese bike ,hahahaahha....
Maybe you should change your name to "Completely Lost". Sure Reagan looked good economically because he pissed away about $5 TRILLION (adjusted for inflation) bringing the country back from the brink of a mild recession. Just like you could impress your neighbors if you went out and ran up all your credit cards. And as I said before the credit for improving the 1980's economy actually goes to Carter's decision to appoint Paul Volker to the Fed whom Reagan kept on.

The proper way to understand Reagan's effect on the economy is to compare our trade balance then with our trade balance after 35 years of Reaganomics. And that has been a complete disaster. You can blame a lot of that on Clinton if you want to but Clinton was following conservative economic policies. NAFTA was started by Bush Sr. and approved by a Republican House and Senate.

Left to their own a conservative US economy would look exactly like Mexico. Mexico has never suffered from a lack of resources. That's just what happens when those in charge only look after the very rich.
__________________

Club Chopper

Last edited by Devils Advocate; 04-02-2010 at 07:33 AM..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #47 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2010, 08:45 AM
PBR1970's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Some Fuckin Irish Pub, NY
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2010 HD CrossBones
Posts: 1,175
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
Yeah.

Either that or I'm right and you're wrong.

How did that Iraq thing work out for you?

BTW I have no ill will towards anyone on the board. I just disagree with you.
I have seen you call ppl on here brainless morons for not agreeing with you or your beliefs ......joking is one thing , insults is another ...
Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2010, 09:15 AM
tod75154's Avatar
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: TEXAS, tx
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 113" Softail
Posts: 5,535
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
Yeah.

Either that or I'm right and you're wrong.

How did that Iraq thing work out for you?

BTW I have no ill will towards anyone on the board. I just disagree with you.
An open debate would require yourself being open to the possibility, howeve small you think it might be, that you too could be wrong.. I know this is hard for you because it owuld mean everything oyu have believed and lived for the last 30 years of so was in fact bullshit... but it is possible.. no?

I'm starting to get you man.... This is all a matter of personal perception. From your world, having nothing.. and being on the receiving end of all the redistribution this must all sound great to you. I don't know though, I am far from rich and would probably qualify for much of the same but to be honest I would feel slimey taking it.. MY [arents and grandparents taught me to work for my own and I have and will. I will be content in what I have until such time that I can work for more. If I am hungry I figure it out, I grew up poor and have mowed many a lawn to by dinner. I have worked for it. I don't drive up to Frisco (local rich neighborhood) find a nice house, walk in, go to the fridge and make a fucking sandwich... I mean come on?? how is this hard? How is this moral?
__________________
I can resist everything except temptation.
The clock of life is wound once, no man can tell when it will stop, at late or early hr. Now is the only time U own. Live, love, toil at will. Place no faith in time, 4 the clock may soon be still.
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2010, 09:43 AM
jsdiamond's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Coolville, CA
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1976 Shovel
Posts: 3,645
Not Ranked     
On paper, socialism works great. In reality it does not; because the people in charge steal from the trough. This administration is trying to create a society similar to the one depicted in the book Animal Farm. Remember the pigs? "All animals are equal but some are more equal than others"
__________________
I take my bourbon, like my women ~ 19 years old and mixed up with coke.
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2010, 09:47 AM
jsdiamond's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Coolville, CA
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1976 Shovel
Posts: 3,645
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Left to their own a conservative US economy would look exactly like Mexico. Mexico has never suffered from a lack of resources. That's just what happens when those in charge only look after the very rich.
Not true. A conservative US economy would not place a ban on harvesting those resources.

And Mexico has a class system ingrained from a long history of cultural animosity between Spanish and Indio. The "very rich" of Mexico are the middle class, and they are still in the minority. Mexico is a poor comparison for a debate.
__________________
I take my bourbon, like my women ~ 19 years old and mixed up with coke.

Last edited by jsdiamond; 04-02-2010 at 09:50 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #51 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Devils Advocate's Avatar
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Bike Year, Make, Engine: Chopped '97 Sporty
Posts: 2,075
Not Ranked     
Merc Lord knows I've never been insulted by anyone on the site.

JS how do you explain the fact that Norway and Sweden are the most socialist countries on the planet and they are also the richest? You know how I explain it? For one thing they offer free education all the way through medical school. As a result they have a highly skilled work force who then pay the money back that was invested in them by paying higher taxes on a bigger income. The result is that both they and the state end up with more money. That would never work in this country because the minute the government tries to make an investment in our people conservatives start screaming bloody murder.

Perhaps you could post a link to something verifying your claims about Mexico because I couldn't find anything. Maybe I'm using the wrong key words in Google. Wikipedia did have something about their energy industry being poorly managed that offered some support of your claims. However the key words "Mexico distribution of wealth" brings up dozens if not hundreds of articles backing what I said. For example:

Quote:
http://www.forbes.com/2003/05/23/cz_kd_0523mexico.html

Big business in Latin America is still largely dominated by family groups. The Institute for International Finance said in a report released last week on corporate governance in Mexico that "after Greece and Colombia, Mexico by some estimates has the third-highest ownership concentration level in the world." This ownership structure, the report contends, has slowed the implementation of reforms that would benefit minority shareholders.
__________________

Club Chopper

Last edited by Devils Advocate; 04-02-2010 at 08:47 PM..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #52 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2010, 09:21 PM
jsdiamond's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Coolville, CA
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1976 Shovel
Posts: 3,645
Not Ranked     
Quote:
JS how do you explain the fact that Norway and Sweden are the most socialist countries on the planet and they are also the richest? You know how I explain it? For one thing they offer free education all the way through medical school. As a result they have a highly skilled work force who then pay the money back that was invested in them by paying higher taxes on a bigger income. The result is that both they and the state end up with more money. That would never work in this country because the minute the government tries to make an investment in our people conservatives start screaming bloody murder.
The education isn't free. Nothing is. And Norway --and Sweden in particular, pay high taxes because they do not manufacture and export at the same level as the U.S., Japan or name-a-country-of-your-choice.

Ikea and sardines not withstanding.

I think that for the idea, that their citizens and state both end up with more money, is less about that facet of their system and more dependent on their respective government 's controlled rate of inflation and their tariffs on the far greater amount of goods they must import from everywhere else. That's just a cursory analysis of course; I've never been to Norway.

I lived in Mexico and South America for two years, and had businesses there. It doesn't matter what you look like or where you came from, people will eventually tell you everything about their country and every dirty little secret. There are lines there you just don't cross and generations' old race-hatreds that aren't going away any time soon. And I'm not taking about us Yankees, either. "Poorly managed" doesn't even begin to scratch the surface. It's full scale graft, bribery and extortion --politely administered of course, but right out in the open.
__________________
I take my bourbon, like my women ~ 19 years old and mixed up with coke.

Last edited by jsdiamond; 04-02-2010 at 09:37 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: -BANNED-, US
Bike Year, Make, Engine: ~cfl~ ss113/brute5/jims6/weld5-2
Posts: 991
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
Merc Lord knows I've never been insulted by anyone on the site.

JS how do you explain the fact that Norway and Sweden are the most socialist countries on the planet and they are also the richest? You know how I explain it? For one thing they offer free education all the way through medical school. As a result they have a highly skilled work force who then pay the money back that was invested in them by paying higher taxes on a bigger income. The result is that both they and the state end up with more money. That would never work in this country because the minute the government tries to make an investment in our people conservatives start screaming bloody murder.

Perhaps you could post a link to something verifying your claims about Mexico because I couldn't find anything. Maybe I'm using the wrong key words in Google. Wikipedia did have something about their energy industry being poorly managed that offered some support of your claims. However the key words "Mexico distribution of wealth" brings up dozens if not hundreds of articles backing what I said. For example:

-mr da; wont waste the words

-hows this; you are a TOTAL ASSCLOWN, stick to bikes, where just maybe youre 'average'

-you suck and are a complete embarressment as an US citizen

-you love the negative attention...hmmmm

-seek help, not just for your sake...as i feel very sad for your family/freinds and loved ones

-get out of dodge on a honda , ya pantywaste
__________________
-Don't Ban Me Bro !!!
Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2010, 01:46 AM
devildog's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SL, UT
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 04 BD Pitbull, S&S 107
Posts: 523
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiPan View Post
I am trying to remember DA's previous screen names that he was banned from here before for his cut and past liberal rantings! He is a none bike riding liberal propagandist and a complete chowder head (thats a technical term). Any of you boys remember this nitwit?
Remember when he called himself TBP? The Black Pearl?
__________________
I have seen more organization than this in a monkey shit fight at the zoo!
Reply With Quote
  #55 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2010, 06:52 AM
PBR1970's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Some Fuckin Irish Pub, NY
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2010 HD CrossBones
Posts: 1,175
Not Ranked     
DA ~~~~ I read EVERY one of your post , and MOST of them insult ppl on here with their beliefs ...its great to have a debate , but RESPECT other ppl's choices ... you dont ... as far as you are concerned , anyone who watches a fucking news show (FOX) are complete idiots ... that is un~called for ... soooo ... you get hit back with insults ...just the way it is ....cast the first stone , ya know .
Reply With Quote
  #56 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Devils Advocate's Avatar
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Bike Year, Make, Engine: Chopped '97 Sporty
Posts: 2,075
Not Ranked     
Merc I'm glad you said that. I really am. Because it just proves my next point to that much greater extent.

JS objected to "tea partiers" being called "racists". Many of them are and the rest willingly tolerate them.

But let's see what happens when "one of their own" compares them to a mass murdering terrorist who killed hundreds of American CHILDREN:



How do they respond to that? They fucking applaud. And you want to know why I call people like these idiots?

And Merc you've apparently been a member here since 2007. So you won't remember back to when I was bombarded with insults because I dared to suggest that people not cheer so much for the idea of sending 5,000 American troops to their deaths and ten times that number to be maimed for life to avenge the Bush family honor.

You see the same people conservatives applaud for calling them "Tim McVeigh wannabes" also told them it was OK to insult me.
__________________

Club Chopper

Last edited by Devils Advocate; 04-03-2010 at 11:18 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #57 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2010, 02:22 PM
PBR1970's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Some Fuckin Irish Pub, NY
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2010 HD CrossBones
Posts: 1,175
Not Ranked     
Well from that statement , seems like you have a personal agenda to insult ALL conservatives.... You assumed that I ONLY WATCH FOX , by my comments and dislike for nobama....you are wrong my friend....I support Republicans on some issues and support Dems on others , there is a middle area , ya know ....and as far as ''Tea Parties" , there is a blk activist (forgot his name) inviting all who think its racists , to come on down.....that fucking word is being used TOO LOOSELY THESE DAYS ( Come spend some time in New York ) ..... The Tea Parties are long overdue... we need Govt to listen to us ....just like the hippie and civil rite demonstrations back in the day.... and someone did say it b4 , this is a motorcycle forum , but it seems that the lounge is being taking over by "copy and paste" political agendas. Dont you see , not too many ppl are expressing their views lately ?
Reply With Quote
  #58 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2010, 04:24 PM
tod75154's Avatar
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: TEXAS, tx
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 113" Softail
Posts: 5,535
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
Merc I'm glad you said that. I really am. Because it just proves my next point to that much greater extent.

JS objected to "tea partiers" being called "racists". Many of them are and the rest willingly tolerate them.

But let's see what happens when "one of their own" compares them to a mass murdering terrorist who killed hundreds of American CHILDREN:



How do they respond to that? They fucking applaud. And you want to know why I call people like these idiots?

And Merc you've apparently been a member here since 2007. So you won't remember back to when I was bombarded with insults because I dared to suggest that people not cheer so much for the idea of sending 5,000 American troops to their deaths and ten times that number to be maimed for life to avenge the Bush family honor.

You see the same people conservatives applaud for calling them "Tim McVeigh wannabes" also told them it was OK to insult me.
LMAO.. DA, You did it this time... Oh hell talk aobut creative editing. Sean Hannity is a Hard Line Reagen conservative, and I don't agree with everything he says, but... I did catch that show last week and that statement was made out of complete sarcasm.. If you was to watch the 5 minutes before you would understand that. Seriously man... If the facts don't support your thoughts you just MAKE THEM UP?????
__________________
I can resist everything except temptation.
The clock of life is wound once, no man can tell when it will stop, at late or early hr. Now is the only time U own. Live, love, toil at will. Place no faith in time, 4 the clock may soon be still.
Reply With Quote
  #59 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2010, 05:15 PM
jsdiamond's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Coolville, CA
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1976 Shovel
Posts: 3,645
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Sean Hannity is a Hard Line Reagen conservative, and I don't agree with everything he says, but... I did catch that show last week and that statement was made out of complete sarcasm..
He's corrrect. The show covered (among other things) the baseless slander being directed at the citizens of this country by their own representatives. Shameful. So, Hannity was referencing those remarks. The audience's response was an eye-rolling SNL style "Really..."
__________________
I take my bourbon, like my women ~ 19 years old and mixed up with coke.
Reply With Quote
  #60 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2010, 05:24 PM
rayfin's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: sioux city, IA
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 Superglide, wifes 80 KZ550 bobber
Posts: 1,880
Send a message via AIM to rayfin Send a message via Yahoo to rayfin
Not Ranked     
The Tea Parties are long overdue... we need Govt to listen to us ....just like the hippie and civil rite demonstrations back in the day.... I AGREE. Why did we start this country? To be free.
__________________
Please watch "Loose Change 911" on youtube.

Rayfin Custom Upholstery
712-252-5878
Sioux City, Iowa
Rayfinseats@gmail.com
Facebook: Rayfin Custom Upholstery
Started doing custom upholstery in 1982. 44B Metalworker USARNG 1978. Electronics Technician.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:03 PM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0

CC Policy

The representations expressed are the representations and opinions of the clubchopper.com forum members and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and viewpoints of the site owners or moderators. clubchopper.com forum members agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you or have been given the expressed written consent to post. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). For full policy, please click the "CC policy" link. Thank you for visiting the clubchopper.com
Links monetized by VigLink