Club Chopper Forums

Club Chopper Forums (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/)
-   The Chopper Lounge (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/chopper-lounge/)
-   -   WTF is going on with Orange County Choppers? (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/chopper-lounge/78697-wtf-going-orange-county-choppers.html)

Harley Bob 08-10-2009 09:36 AM

WTF is going on with Orange County Choppers?

OK apologies if this has been beaten to death already, but I have just finished watching series 9 and man there is some heavy shit going on. Being in the UK i'm guessing that we are well behind you guys in the States. I kinda gave up with the runaway success that is OCC after season 3 but managed to get hold of series 6.

It seems to me that all the original members that made OCC what it is today have been pushed to the wayside apart from Rick. Paul Sr. was at a loss when Jr. decided to go his own way but by the final episode (Chesapeake Bike), he seemed not to give a flying f**k about his sons etc, to the point where poor Mickey was in tears, now I know Mickey was always a clown but I have a feeling thats what the producers of the show wanted and then that was handed over to Jason Pohl.

I don't know but it seems greed has taken over Sr. and I can appreciate him wanting his business to do well but the guy is a multi-millionaire and if it wasn't for his sons and Vinnie he would be back in the ironworks.

Just got to me to see his sons so disheartened by their fathers actions, OK Jr. looks like he may do OK and has enough money but poor Mickey has no real talent (not to sound disrespectful) to fall back on and the poor guy seems to be in bits!!

OK rant over and I wish that boy all the best, mind you not sure how long ago the last episode was filmed and fingers crossed things have changed?

Spade115 08-10-2009 09:40 AM

Yeah dude were at like season 15 now or something :whacked:

PoppaDLo 08-10-2009 11:44 AM

I have been catching up on HD Theater, Discovery's high def channel lately. Up to the Fantasy Fan's bike they built for that hottie gal.

PoppaDLo 08-10-2009 11:52 AM

This was her ...
http://www.facebook.com/profile/pic....XYSwte546BAtNx

sidecar 08-10-2009 03:06 PM

The military channel .

80-80 08-10-2009 04:09 PM

Who da fuck is Mickey?lol

Orange skullz 08-10-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 80-80 (Post 955397)

wasn't he Rocky's manager?

Rockhewer 08-10-2009 04:19 PM

I've only seen 1 show in the past couple years.... & that was about a month ago.
This was when Jr. was just getting into his building for his new gig "boutique owner"...... and .... (chuckle) design company??? that was some funny shit, because he was trying to design his own logo.... and his ol' lady ended up doing it for him cause he was having trouble! :LOL:
Not very good advertising for someone trying to open a design co.:HMMM:

If you ask me.... the bike shop is far better off now without his prema-donna B.S. and....well damn....I gotta say I was actually impressed by some of the shit they were turning out with their CNC machine.
(some eagle tallons on the fork lowers for the Dubai police bike, I think? )
Sr. got smart and hired some actual craftsmen....... to take the place of his spoiled brat kid. :eek: (who was not really all that tallented)

PoppaDLo 08-10-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

I think he was going for Mikey. ... . as in Michael Teutul.

Rockhewer 08-10-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

who da fuck is mickey?lol

m-i-c-k-e-y ..... M-o-u-s-e!!!:lol:

CHAINSAW 08-11-2009 05:32 AM

I pretty much stopped watching the show. Its all Drama now since they went to the TLC channel. I want to see them fabricating and building bikes, not go on trips to Letterman or pushing their book about business.
Kinda sucks,.. now back to no bike building shows on TV again. I miss biker buildoff and build or bust.

Rhode Warrior 08-11-2009 06:30 AM

Now it's become a reality show. For Sr. and Jr. the reality of a bad economy and the inevitable end of a long lucky run.

For Sr. the reality of a huge overhead and a giant complex without the income of the show. Let's face it, he's not going to make it on bike sales. Bring in Ducati and scooters and try to exploit the foreign market in a bad economy. Gotta sell a lot of Ducatis just to heat the place. If it works, good, if if doesn't, good. He's got enough money anyways. In the meantime, cut off Jr's huge income and start to phase Mikey out if the show doesn't continue. I'm sure that by now, Sr. realizes that the show is the drama between him and Jr. and if he's willing to let that go, he must know something we all don't know.

For Jr. the reality of trying to live off his name and start a "design" business. What the fuck qualifies him, building non functional bikes based only on what he thinks is cool? So far, he's added some chrome to a Coleman grille. His logo is his scribbled signature. Great. Lookout Calvin Klein.

For Mikey, the tit has dried up.

tod75154 08-11-2009 06:55 AM

let's face it... they all have enough money to never work again... they will be fine and any "work" they do is purely for entertainment value....

Barefoot Choppa 08-11-2009 06:57 AM

OCC is the best!!!

tod75154 08-11-2009 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barefoot choppa (Post 955609)
occ is the best!!!

c'mon jj rules!!!!!!!!!!!!