Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > The Chopper Lounge

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

  •  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Oil Lines
Last Post: Maustarman
Posted On: 08-14-2019
Replies: 9
Views: 1,805
Bars upside down
Last Post: Poop
Posted On: 08-12-2019
Replies: 3
Views: 157
12" Ape Hangers on 2001 Road King
Last Post: pushrod243
Posted On: 08-10-2019
Replies: 3
Views: 156
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: donald branscom
Posted On: 08-09-2019
Replies: 24
Views: 5,422
Project Blast!
Last Post: Spade115
Posted On: 08-08-2019
Replies: 3
Views: 175
More...
  #121 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2009, 03:39 PM
rastoy's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Not quite sure, VA
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 01 Fatboy,65 Matchless, 83 V-65, +more
Posts: 6,230
Send a message via AIM to rastoy
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88kicker View Post
no need for name calling here...its just a debate. i think occ sucks and their bikes look like shit. some think they are great and some think it is legitimate art. i dont and if the debate comes up i will chime in with my thoughts, thats it. liking occ wont make YOUR bike look like shit, just means your taste might be a little off. haha

if you're part of this arguement, make a point for or against. its interesting to hear either way. always wondered what the draw to occ was.

your definition of douchebag is great...i think i have been using it wrong.
This is in no way a debate. Regardless of any opinions put forth it's not going to change anyone's mind on their like or dislike of OCC or it's products.

I for one always like what others don't like. I'll put stuff on my bikes that no one likes because I don't give a shit. I think I enjoy people's negative comments about my stuff. That started a long, long time ago when all the guys I rode with complained that my '47 looked like shit with ton's of duck tape holding things together (the seat was all duck tape), the lack of paint (anytime it got a scratch, ding or dent I'd hit it with primer - and it didn't matter what color primer, it was whatever color primer I had handy), the beat to shit exhaust and all the rust everywhere.

A lot of people claim to not like OCC yet they know everything about the show and all of the guys on it. If they didn't like it for real they would have turned the channel. Some people are just not willing to go against the preceived majority opinion. I guess they just want to feel accepted.
__________________
Try to learn something new every day and don't accept everything as fact.

Nevermind, you're hopeless.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #122 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Rhode Warrior's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Gearheadville, US
Posts: 10,017
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastoy View Post
This is in no way a debate. Regardless of any opinions put forth it's not going to change anyone's mind on their like or dislike of OCC or it's products.

I for one always like what others don't like. I'll put stuff on my bikes that no one likes because I don't give a shit. I think I enjoy people's negative comments about my stuff. That started a long, long time ago when all the guys I rode with complained that my '47 looked like shit with ton's of duck tape holding things together (the seat was all duck tape), the lack of paint (anytime it got a scratch, ding or dent I'd hit it with primer - and it didn't matter what color primer, it was whatever color primer I had handy), the beat to shit exhaust and all the rust everywhere.

A lot of people claim to not like OCC yet they know everything about the show and all of the guys on it. If they didn't like it for real they would have turned the channel. Some people are just not willing to go against the preceived majority opinion. I guess they just want to feel accepted.
Sounds like a great bike you have there. You've got to post some pictures of that.
Reply With Quote
  #123 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2009, 04:10 PM
rastoy's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Not quite sure, VA
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 01 Fatboy,65 Matchless, 83 V-65, +more
Posts: 6,230
Send a message via AIM to rastoy
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode Warrior View Post
Sounds like a great bike you have there. You've got to post some pictures of that.
I'll see if the old lady has any. Unfortunately I sold that bike about 10 years ago when someone offered me, what I thought, was a large amount of money for a POS. I wish I had kept it.
__________________
Try to learn something new every day and don't accept everything as fact.

Nevermind, you're hopeless.
Reply With Quote
  #124 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2009, 06:36 PM
ALLAMERICAN's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Northern LOONEY Cali!, ca
Bike Year, Make, Engine: Hot Rod Special const!
Posts: 5,740
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAINSAW View Post
I can't remember who it was, but one of the guys at WCC said all OCC was, were a bunch of cake decorators. They buy a bunch of parts, paint them, and put it together. I think it was JR. that had the reply,.. "we make some real expensive cakes then". This was back, like 5 or 6 years ago when they were just starting to make it big.

WCC does not get to chime in since they have sold out, Where as OCC has continued on with American made bikes and parts.
__________________
"The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #125 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Orange skullz's Avatar
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Troy, OH
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 04' TEXAS CHOPPER 124ci.
Posts: 7,634
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLAMERICAN View Post
WCC does not get to chime in since they have sold out, Where as OCC has continued on with American made bikes and parts.
Oh, this is gonna ruffle some feathers

__________________
Someone's full of SHIT....
Reply With Quote
  #126 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2009, 07:16 PM
ALLAMERICAN's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Northern LOONEY Cali!, ca
Bike Year, Make, Engine: Hot Rod Special const!
Posts: 5,740
Not Ranked     
88 Kicker- I hate to break this to you but you are not the standing and the last word or definition of a chopper.
I gave my definition and I am also not the last word on a chopper.

Motorcycle mania was 3 shows, hello OCC has had hundreds of shows. Besides MM1 came on then I believe the first show of OCC came on. The other Motorcycle Mania's came on after OCC made it "popular".

Now about chopper popularity. Choppers were never popular. Yes a certain few misfits like us always dug them but they were a very small percentage compared to anything that became popular and most bikers never had a chopper. Probably a thousand to one so that makes choppers even more of sub sub class. Then along comes OCC and now everybody and there brother wants and owns a chopper. That's called POPULARITY whether you like it or not. Because of the TV show and it's CONSISTENCY more shows popped up. And the chopper world grew.
Now every body and there uncle is makin choppers. The general population would never have know of Billy Lane or Indian ( RIP)Larry. I am happy that Indian Larry had some popularity in his life. He deserved it. To bad it was cut short. Besides Arlen Ness he was about the only guy who I thought was The Meaning of COOL!!!
Now the economy hits . No more motorcycle shows left. And the wealthy have moved on to Golf or some other crap like that. Lo and behold. OCC is still standin with shops closin left and right. But OCC had a good run and they did for the chopper world what Ford did for the automobile world, just not on as big a scale.

That's the way it is ..WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!!! LOL
__________________
"The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #127 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2009, 07:17 PM
ALLAMERICAN's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Northern LOONEY Cali!, ca
Bike Year, Make, Engine: Hot Rod Special const!
Posts: 5,740
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange skullz View Post
Oh, this is gonna ruffle some feathers


That's the whole idea. Nothin like a lively DEBATE!!!!!
__________________
"The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #128 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2009, 09:17 PM
88kicker's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: league city, tx
Bike Year, Make, Engine: '04 Flyrite
Posts: 407
Not Ranked     
occ did for choppers what ford did for automobiles???? ford built cars when only about five others were doing it and has become the 4th largest automaker since the beginning of the 1900's. over 100 years later and still building cars. occ has been putting together bikes for a decade with a nationally televised tv show to keep their bankroll up.

you probably know 100 people driving a ford, how many of your friends that you ride with are riding something from orange county? ill make it easier, a friend that has a part or anything other than a tee shirt from occ. still nothing? then quit comparing occ to ford. a million people riding motorcycles and never seen as occ bike on the road.

and choppers were a subculture before the late 90's. not anymore. go to a rally and tell me how many ride some sort of custom.

american chopper first episode aired 9/29/2002. motorcycle mania was first aired in 2001...thanks google. at least 9 months apart and i watched mm1 in the summer time so probably a year apart.

where do you get these facts? just because occ got you into bikes doesnt mean they effected the world.
Reply With Quote
  #129 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2009, 09:40 PM
ALLAMERICAN's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Northern LOONEY Cali!, ca
Bike Year, Make, Engine: Hot Rod Special const!
Posts: 5,740
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88kicker View Post
occ did for choppers what ford did for automobiles???? ford built cars when only about five others were doing it and has become the 4th largest automaker since the beginning of the 1900's. over 100 years later and still building cars. occ has been putting together bikes for a decade with a nationally televised tv show to keep their bankroll up.

you probably know 100 people driving a ford, how many of your friends that you ride with are riding something from orange county? ill make it easier, a friend that has a part or anything other than a tee shirt from occ. still nothing? then quit comparing occ to ford. a million people riding motorcycles and never seen as occ bike on the road.

and choppers were a subculture before the late 90's. not anymore. go to a rally and tell me how many ride some sort of custom.

american chopper first episode aired 9/29/2002. motorcycle mania was first aired in 2001...thanks google. at least 9 months apart and i watched mm1 in the summer time so probably a year apart.

where do you get these facts? just because occ got you into bikes doesnt mean they effected the world.
I guess you missed the comparison I made with Ford and OCC, so we will move on.

Customs are not choppers. You should know that.
90s????
Your joking right???Chops have been around since the end of WW2 and my guess even before then.

I stated the "ONE" Motorcycle" Mania was before OCCs couple hundred shows. Geez!!!
OCC got me into bikes?? HUH??
I had a chop published in a mag in the late 60s. Where were you???

If you don't see the relationship to OCC and the popularity of chops then you need to start readin now and get off Google. It will rot your brain.
__________________
"The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #130 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2009, 03:41 AM
rootercycles's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Charleston, SC
Bike Year, Make, Engine: Homebuilt 127
Posts: 1,217
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Choppa View Post
Funny thing is if JJ or IL did it you'd think they we're a genius for doing it....
nah, a wrench welded on a frame is still goofy, regardless of who does it. Just like knives used as working parts of the motorcycle. Asking for trouble there...
Reply With Quote
  #131 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2009, 04:24 AM
80-80's Avatar
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: El Chuco, TX
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 80 shovel/09 asve EVO
Posts: 1,390
Not Ranked     
If it wasn't for Easyriders rag none of it would of come about.Shiiiiiit! you young cable watchin', cell phonin' , 'puter bangin'...........whippersnappers!
Reply With Quote
  #132 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2009, 07:06 AM
rastoy's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Not quite sure, VA
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 01 Fatboy,65 Matchless, 83 V-65, +more
Posts: 6,230
Send a message via AIM to rastoy
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80-80 View Post
If it wasn't for Easyriders rag none of it would of come about.Shiiiiiit! you young cable watchin', cell phonin' , 'puter bangin'...........whippersnappers!
I guess the debates over since you changed to name calling?
OK who won?


Whippersnappers? Let's see - my first bike was a '58 BSA Lightning that I bought in '63 (if I remember I paid $650 - $1.00 per cc), followed by a 52 HD basket case the next year (traded a panel truck for it - I had paid $50 for the truck). '65 I bought my first almost new bike - '65 Matchless (it was 2 months old and dropped by the first owner who never wanted to ride again). This was the first bike I cut up big time - and I still have it (it's in my gallery).

So neither Motorcycle Mania nor OCC got me into bikes. But OCC sure as heck got a lot of Yuppies into them.
__________________
Try to learn something new every day and don't accept everything as fact.

Nevermind, you're hopeless.
Reply With Quote
  #133 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2009, 07:14 AM
FRANKTHECRANK's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chopperville, ZZ
Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom 2000 FLSTF
Posts: 13,723
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastoy View Post
. But OCC sure as heck got a lot of Yuppies into them.

Now there's an intelligent statement.

Wow,....I was waiting for one in this thread.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #134 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2009, 07:44 AM
Harley Bob's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Leicester, UK
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1200 Sporty custom chopper
Posts: 1,156
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLAMERICAN View Post
WCC does not get to chime in since they have sold out, Where as OCC has continued on with American made bikes and parts.
Not sure I agree with OCC using American made parts - i'm sure that the majority of bolt on parts they use are from the big bike catalogues, problem is a lot of those catalogues use Asian made parts
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #135 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2009, 07:50 AM
FRANKTHECRANK's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chopperville, ZZ
Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom 2000 FLSTF
Posts: 13,723
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLAMERICAN View Post
WCC does not get to chime in since they have sold out, Where as OCC has continued on with American made bikes and parts.
Every single part that WCC sold,.........exhaust systems, sheet metal, motor mounts, grips, handle bars, triple trees, risers, foward controls, foot boards, pegs, belt drive covers, seat pans, complete seats, wheels, air cleaners, gas caps, plate mounts, kick stands,....etc,.....etc,.....etc,.....where made in house, and then in their manufacturing plant across the street from the shop. That's Long Beach, California, USA.

Only about 5, of their 20 or so models of fenders, and their Villain tank, because of the huge demand, were out sourced to Tiawan and Mexico to be sold through Custom Chrome. (you could still get American made ones, if ordered through the shop)

Sold out,....that's funny,......a brand new Harley Davidson has more parts on it from overseas than any new WCC bike does.

Hey anyone know where the OCC Pez despensers are made?

OCC might out source some parts too, if there was high,....er,...I mean "any" demand for them.

What did you say A.A., "OCC has continued on with American made bikes and parts",.....hmmm, are Rev Tech all American made?,....just wondering because I have't seen any in WCC shop built bikes.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:58 PM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0

CC Policy

The representations expressed are the representations and opinions of the clubchopper.com forum members and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and viewpoints of the site owners or moderators. clubchopper.com forum members agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you or have been given the expressed written consent to post. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). For full policy, please click the "CC policy" link. Thank you for visiting the clubchopper.com
Links monetized by VigLink