Club Chopper Forums

Club Chopper Forums (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/)
-   The Chopper Lounge (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/chopper-lounge/)
-   -   WTF is going on with Orange County Choppers? (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/chopper-lounge/78697-wtf-going-orange-county-choppers.html)

sdicato 08-17-2009 03:39 AM

vick bike coming soon

Barefoot Choppa 08-17-2009 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley Bob (Post 957735)
many a good points in said post :cool:

Many points that are extremely arguable, and one man......oops, 2 men's "perceivable opinions".........nothing more, nothing less....because, lets face it, not alot of fact to that post........opinions and labels...perceptions

Rhode Warrior 08-17-2009 09:02 AM

C'mon, a million OCC lemmings can't be wrong. Now have a nice big gulp of that OCC flavored Kool Aid and jump off that cliff with the rest of the lemmings. If you don't know what's cool, don't worry about it, they'll tell you.

rastoy 08-17-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhode Warrior (Post 957858)
C'mon, a million OCC lemmings can't be wrong. Now have a nice big gulp of that OCC flavored Kool Aid and jump off that cliff with the rest of the lemmings. If you don't know what's cool, don't worry about it, they'll tell you.

It's OK RW. You can come out of the closet now and admit you love OCC. No one will think bad of you. As Shakespeare once wrote "the lady doth protest too much, methinks".

First Art and now Literature. We will educate the biking community eventually.

Rhode Warrior 08-17-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rastoy (Post 957882)
It's OK RW. You can come out of the closet now and admit you love OCC. No one will think bad of you. As Shakespeare once wrote "the lady doth protest too much, methinks".

First Art and now Literature. We will educate the biking community eventually.

Methinks you're a douchebag. :LOL::LOL:

geneallen 08-17-2009 11:24 AM

Yak Yak Yak Yak Yak! :)

Thats all I got to say about that.

rootercycles 08-17-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geneallen (Post 957891)
Yak Yak Yak Yak Yak! :)

Thats all I got to say about that.

I think the only appeal that OCC has had is that they are interesting characters to watch on TV. They have a lot of machine shop tools that some of us don't, thus making designing a bike easier. Does that make them less legitimate? Depends on whom you talk to. I have seen an OCC "custom" built chopper up close for sale, and I didn't see anything special about it: Revtech engine and transmission, aftermarket wheels, primary, controls and the like. What makes this special? The OCC logo machined on parts they ordered from another aftermarket shop. Only in the US could this be a successful business plan. Wish I would have thought of it first...

CHAINSAW 08-17-2009 01:28 PM

I can't remember who it was, but one of the guys at WCC said all OCC was, were a bunch of cake decorators. They buy a bunch of parts, paint them, and put it together. I think it was JR. that had the reply,.. "we make some real expensive cakes then". This was back, like 5 or 6 years ago when they were just starting to make it big.

sdicato 08-17-2009 01:35 PM

we all know harley is the real deal...after that its all caca

rastoy 08-17-2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhode Warrior (Post 957887)
Methinks you're a douchebag. :LOL::LOL:

I get that a lot when I "Out" someone and I don't find it offensive (douchebag=being close to pussy a lot).

But it's OK. Don't ask, Don't tell only applies to the military and not here. Come on man, admit it, you have a crush on Sr. :)

Rhode Warrior 08-17-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rastoy (Post 957943)
I get that a lot when I "Out" someone and I don't find it offensive (douchebag=being close to pussy a lot).

But it's OK. Don't ask, Don't tell only applies to the military and not here. Come on man, admit it, you have a crush on Sr. :)

Yup, you got me. :rolleyes:

88kicker 08-17-2009 02:57 PM

no need for name calling here...its just a debate. i think occ sucks and their bikes look like shit. some think they are great and some think it is legitimate art. i dont and if the debate comes up i will chime in with my thoughts, thats it. liking occ wont make YOUR bike look like shit, just means your taste might be a little off. haha

if you're part of this arguement, make a point for or against. its interesting to hear either way. always wondered what the draw to occ was.

your definition of douchebag is great...i think i have been using it wrong.

rastoy 08-17-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhode Warrior (Post 957965)
Yup, you got me. :rolleyes:

One down. 100 million to go.

rootercycles 08-17-2009 03:23 PM

welding a wrench on a bike is unique and artistic? I don't get it. Might help you fix that shit when it falls apart on a real ride...

Barefoot Choppa 08-17-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootercycles (Post 957994)
welding a wrench on a bike is unique and artistic? I don't get it. Might help you fix that shit when it falls apart on a real ride...

Funny thing is if JJ or IL did it you'd think they we're a genius for doing it....:rolleyes: