Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > The Chopper Lounge

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

  •  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Tallest engine in the frame?
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 59
Views: 9,463
BBC Odometer Cycling
Last Post: golfish
Posted On: 09-21-2019
Replies: 2
Views: 365
return throttle cable
Last Post: Neverlost
Posted On: 09-20-2019
Replies: 3
Views: 157
99 brake caliper on a 2000 fork?
Last Post: Shovel52
Posted On: 09-20-2019
Replies: 4
Views: 206
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: donald branscom
Posted On: 09-20-2019
Replies: 32
Views: 6,292
More...
  #91 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2009, 06:59 PM
rastoy's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Not quite sure, VA
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 01 Fatboy,65 Matchless, 83 V-65, +more
Posts: 6,230
Send a message via AIM to rastoy
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Choppa View Post
Wahahaha he almost called you a tool
I think he's done with this - he did deviate from OCC comments. Must have been my pointing out that the show was scripted and not real.

But then he might be going through his DVD collection of OCC shows looking for the one I was referring to.
__________________
Try to learn something new every day and don't accept everything as fact.

Nevermind, you're hopeless.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #92 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Rhode Warrior's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Gearheadville, US
Posts: 10,017
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastoy View Post
I think he's done with this - he did deviate from OCC comments. Must have been my pointing out that the show was scripted and not real.

But then he might be going through his DVD collection of OCC shows looking for the one I was referring to.
What, you figure there's more to say about this topic? Let it rip, I'm all ears.
Reply With Quote
  #93 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2009, 07:16 PM
rastoy's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Not quite sure, VA
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 01 Fatboy,65 Matchless, 83 V-65, +more
Posts: 6,230
Send a message via AIM to rastoy
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode Warrior View Post
What, you figure there's more to say about this topic? Let it rip, I'm all ears.
Naa, I'm done. Time for a late night ride.

Ride safe Skippy.
__________________
Try to learn something new every day and don't accept everything as fact.

Nevermind, you're hopeless.
Reply With Quote
  #94 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Rhode Warrior's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Gearheadville, US
Posts: 10,017
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastoy View Post
Naa, I'm done. Time for a late night ride.

Ride safe Skippy.
Watch out for the bugs, Captain.
Reply With Quote
  #95 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2009, 12:03 AM
tod75154's Avatar
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: TEXAS, tx
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 113" Softail
Posts: 5,535
Not Ranked     
[quote=Rhode Warrior;956943]So if we should assume OCC is just acting, should we also assume that little fucking elves come out in the middle of the night and build the bikes? Maybe that's scripted too. Or do you just want to pick and choose which parts are real?
QUOTE]

Aren't the Elves names Rick, Vinnie, Cody, etc....... Sorry just had to get this rolling again..
__________________
I can resist everything except temptation.
The clock of life is wound once, no man can tell when it will stop, at late or early hr. Now is the only time U own. Live, love, toil at will. Place no faith in time, 4 the clock may soon be still.
Reply With Quote
  #96 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2009, 03:02 AM
Rhode Warrior's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Gearheadville, US
Posts: 10,017
Not Ranked     
[quote=tod75154;957268]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode Warrior View Post
So if we should assume OCC is just acting, should we also assume that little fucking elves come out in the middle of the night and build the bikes? Maybe that's scripted too. Or do you just want to pick and choose which parts are real?
QUOTE]

Aren't the Elves names Rick, Vinnie, Cody, etc....... Sorry just had to get this rolling again..
No Vinnie and Cody are gone.
Reply With Quote
  #97 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2009, 03:55 AM
rootercycles's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Charleston, SC
Bike Year, Make, Engine: Homebuilt 127
Posts: 1,217
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Bob View Post
OK apologies if this has been beaten to death already, but I have just finished watching series 9 and man there is some heavy shit going on. Being in the UK i'm guessing that we are well behind you guys in the States. I kinda gave up with the runaway success that is OCC after season 3 but managed to get hold of series 6.

It seems to me that all the original members that made OCC what it is today have been pushed to the wayside apart from Rick. Paul Sr. was at a loss when Jr. decided to go his own way but by the final episode (Chesapeake Bike), he seemed not to give a flying f**k about his sons etc, to the point where poor Mickey was in tears, now I know Mickey was always a clown but I have a feeling thats what the producers of the show wanted and then that was handed over to Jason Pohl.

I don't know but it seems greed has taken over Sr. and I can appreciate him wanting his business to do well but the guy is a multi-millionaire and if it wasn't for his sons and Vinnie he would be back in the ironworks.

Just got to me to see his sons so disheartened by their fathers actions, OK Jr. looks like he may do OK and has enough money but poor Mickey has no real talent (not to sound disrespectful) to fall back on and the poor guy seems to be in bits!!

OK rant over and I wish that boy all the best, mind you not sure how long ago the last episode was filmed and fingers crossed things have changed?
Do they build choppers?...
Reply With Quote
  #98 (permalink)  
Old 08-16-2009, 11:19 AM
88kicker's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: league city, tx
Bike Year, Make, Engine: '04 Flyrite
Posts: 407
Not Ranked     
not choppers...they are artists as we have discovered from the rest of this thread. occ is just like pablo picasso and salvidor dali in that they will go down in history and be remembered and praised for their talent by later generations, but today they are just misunderstood.

but there is a slight difference from dali and picasso. occ's "art" is quite different...rather than create a "painting", occ instead takes pieces of "paintings" that others did and then "draws" some goofy shit inbetween and calls it a television. implying that their "art" has some use/function other than just sitting there...it moves i tell ya!

artists? a stretch, but alright.
chopper builders? a far stretch, too far.
Reply With Quote
  #99 (permalink)  
Old 08-16-2009, 01:22 PM
rootercycles's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Charleston, SC
Bike Year, Make, Engine: Homebuilt 127
Posts: 1,217
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88kicker View Post
not choppers...they are artists as we have discovered from the rest of this thread. occ is just like pablo picasso and salvidor dali in that they will go down in history and be remembered and praised for their talent by later generations, but today they are just misunderstood.

but there is a slight difference from dali and picasso. occ's "art" is quite different...rather than create a "painting", occ instead takes pieces of "paintings" that others did and then "draws" some goofy shit inbetween and calls it a television. implying that their "art" has some use/function other than just sitting there...it moves i tell ya!

artists? a stretch, but alright.
chopper builders? a far stretch, too far.
Are you for real?! WTF?
Reply With Quote
  #100 (permalink)  
Old 08-16-2009, 01:26 PM
rastoy's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Not quite sure, VA
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 01 Fatboy,65 Matchless, 83 V-65, +more
Posts: 6,230
Send a message via AIM to rastoy
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88kicker View Post
occ's "art" is quite different...rather than create a "painting", occ instead takes pieces of "paintings" that others did and then "draws" some goofy shit inbetween and calls it a television. implying that their "art" has some use/function other than just sitting there...it moves i tell ya!

artists? a stretch, but alright.
chopper builders? a far stretch, too far.
Yup, they take the art that Harley did and make changes. Just like everyone else in the world that built a V-Twin has done for over 100 years.

So, what's your point?
__________________
Try to learn something new every day and don't accept everything as fact.

Nevermind, you're hopeless.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #101 (permalink)  
Old 08-16-2009, 02:47 PM
ALLAMERICAN's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Northern LOONEY Cali!, ca
Bike Year, Make, Engine: Hot Rod Special const!
Posts: 5,740
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88kicker View Post
not choppers...they are artists as we have discovered from the rest of this thread. occ is just like pablo picasso and salvidor dali in that they will go down in history and be remembered and praised for their talent by later generations, but today they are just misunderstood.

but there is a slight difference from dali and picasso. occ's "art" is quite different...rather than create a "painting", occ instead takes pieces of "paintings" that others did and then "draws" some goofy shit inbetween and calls it a television. implying that their "art" has some use/function other than just sitting there...it moves i tell ya!

artists? a stretch, but alright.
chopper builders? a far stretch, too far.

OCC is no Picasso. but they just built a bike for Siemens. An electric bike. One Million bucks. What did your last bike sell for???
OCC does not have to reinvent the wheel. But what they did do was create a TV show around bike building. No one else has really done that at least not in the Multi Million dollar category as OCC. By the way they are building more and more of there products in house, AMERICAN MADE and American workers unlike some (HD and your God JJ ) that have sold out to having there line of products come from some communist 3 RD world piece of trash country.
Hundreds of vehicles have been made for movies. What's your point?
All there choppers are drive-able. And in the truest sense of the word they are CHOPPERS!!!!! Big Bear choppers are not really choppers and most of the other store bought bikes from well know companies are not choppers. There customs. If it's raked and stretched and one of a kind it's a chopper. Period!! Maybe you don't like there art work well neither do I. But they will be written about in many books when they write about choppers and "WHO" brought them back from the dead. That's right OCC!!!! You can send them a note and thank them .
__________________
"The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #102 (permalink)  
Old 08-16-2009, 03:08 PM
rastoy's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Not quite sure, VA
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 01 Fatboy,65 Matchless, 83 V-65, +more
Posts: 6,230
Send a message via AIM to rastoy
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88kicker View Post
not choppers...they are artists as we have discovered from the rest of this thread. occ is just like pablo picasso and salvidor dali in that they will go down in history and be remembered and praised for their talent by later generations, but today they are just misunderstood.

but there is a slight difference from dali and picasso. occ's "art" is quite different...rather than create a "painting", occ instead takes pieces of "paintings" that others did and then "draws" some goofy shit inbetween and calls it a television. implying that their "art" has some use/function other than just sitting there...it moves i tell ya!

artists? a stretch, but alright.
chopper builders? a far stretch, too far.
I forgot. Look at their Lincoln bike. If you can't see the unique stuff they came up with (like the tank which is art) and think it's goofy shit then what they heck do you think is creativity with bikes? How about some examples? And make sure that the examples are things that haven't been done before.
__________________
Try to learn something new every day and don't accept everything as fact.

Nevermind, you're hopeless.
Reply With Quote
  #103 (permalink)  
Old 08-16-2009, 10:52 PM
88kicker's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: league city, tx
Bike Year, Make, Engine: '04 Flyrite
Posts: 407
Not Ranked     
was a joke, but ill argue, why not? lots to respond to...

when did i say jesse james was my god? not really a big fan of his but i do respect his abilities and i like some of the bikes he has done....but jj my god? sorry, not the religious type.

when i say "take pieces of others paintings" harley is the last place im talking about. that was an analogy. plain english for the layman: they take pre-made parts and weld shit to it (goofy shit, yes) and some how manage to call it a chopper. a chopper needs to abide loosely to the less is more basis, similar to that of a bobber. that, historically, is what a chopper is. cutting useless shit off of a bike and chopping the frame for style. when you add hundreds of pounds of useless shit you move slowly away from chopper and creep right into just another custom motorcycle...no longer a chopper. long forks dont equal chopper. neither does rake and stretch. hell, allamerican, you wiped out 95% of choppers ever built with your criteria. raked? how much? some of the coolest choppers have 34 degrees or less. stretch? how much? and one of a kind? are you fucking kidding? most of their bikes have the same general shape as the other, how is that one of kind? oh! you mean just weld a tank that looks like an airplane or handlebars that look like antlers...right, original.

and a million dollars for an electric bike? theres a sucker born every...well you know the rest. it also costs $25 for their autograph if your a big enough sucker to pay for it. mines free and no one wants it...are they better because they charge? alot of people want brad pitts autograph and would pay more for his bike, too. thats what you get when you sell something a TV/movie star owned. suckers that want to own memorabilia pay top dollar. doesnt mean its better than what your selling, just owned by someone famous. a coversation piece for those that have the money to blow.

i gave you artist. is that not enough? ive said a hundred times they do ornamental iron work. they weld and bend metal...so what? dont know what the lincoln bike looks like and really dont care but im sure they did some fancy metal work that some could consider art. so call it art if you want. arlen ness does some pretty impressive things with his metal work and i can appreciate that...but as a bike it is usually still kind of ridiculous.

since choppers are 40+ years old it is highly unlikely to see "new" designs for choppers. but how about a chain frame? that was new and the bike still looked great. but in most cases its in the details for good builders. its subtle and not everyone sees it right away. but why is "never been done before" so important? making something different wont always make it better. ive seen a primary made of gears...different, but is it better than a traditional chain or belt? weighs more. noisier. more maintenence. doesnt sound better and the design was only for show. not a product he made for sale because it probably wouldnt. it was just different. what does occ do that is original? the theme bike has been repeated over and over. they did that about a decade ago and theyre still poppin em out. is it the show? nope, it plays like Ground Hog Day only not as funny and entertaining.

i dont worship occ for creating choppers because they dont. i dont credit them for the chopper rivival because they didnt revive anything. people have been riding choppers long before occ and will still ride when occ gets cancelled. i will credit them for the chopper confusion. they helped millions misunderstand the point of a chopper and, like allamerican, lable every bike with long forks and a stretched frame a chopper. i wont credit them for jobs because they didnt create the chopper market. there are hundreds of "chopper" shows that have been filmed, from Motorcycle Mania 1 2 and 3, Great Biker Buildoff, etc. maybe i should send a thank you note to the Discovery Channel. small business owners saw an increase in chopper shows and chopper interest and decided to invest in a business to make money...american chopper didnt show their business plan. and since hundreds of bike shops have now closed should i also blame occ for not keeping the chopper market "hot?"
Reply With Quote
  #104 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2009, 03:18 AM
tod75154's Avatar
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: TEXAS, tx
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 113" Softail
Posts: 5,535
Not Ranked     
Who started all this shit back up?????
__________________
I can resist everything except temptation.
The clock of life is wound once, no man can tell when it will stop, at late or early hr. Now is the only time U own. Live, love, toil at will. Place no faith in time, 4 the clock may soon be still.
Reply With Quote
  #105 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2009, 03:38 AM
Harley Bob's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Leicester, UK
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1200 Sporty custom chopper
Posts: 1,156
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88kicker View Post
was a joke, but ill argue, why not? lots to respond to...

when did i say jesse james was my god? not really a big fan of his but i do respect his abilities and i like some of the bikes he has done....but jj my god? sorry, not the religious type.

when i say "take pieces of others paintings" harley is the last place im talking about. that was an analogy. plain english for the layman: they take pre-made parts and weld shit to it (goofy shit, yes) and some how manage to call it a chopper. a chopper needs to abide loosely to the less is more basis, similar to that of a bobber. that, historically, is what a chopper is. cutting useless shit off of a bike and chopping the frame for style. when you add hundreds of pounds of useless shit you move slowly away from chopper and creep right into just another custom motorcycle...no longer a chopper. long forks dont equal chopper. neither does rake and stretch. hell, allamerican, you wiped out 95% of choppers ever built with your criteria. raked? how much? some of the coolest choppers have 34 degrees or less. stretch? how much? and one of a kind? are you fucking kidding? most of their bikes have the same general shape as the other, how is that one of kind? oh! you mean just weld a tank that looks like an airplane or handlebars that look like antlers...right, original.

and a million dollars for an electric bike? theres a sucker born every...well you know the rest. it also costs $25 for their autograph if your a big enough sucker to pay for it. mines free and no one wants it...are they better because they charge? alot of people want brad pitts autograph and would pay more for his bike, too. thats what you get when you sell something a TV/movie star owned. suckers that want to own memorabilia pay top dollar. doesnt mean its better than what your selling, just owned by someone famous. a coversation piece for those that have the money to blow.

i gave you artist. is that not enough? ive said a hundred times they do ornamental iron work. they weld and bend metal...so what? dont know what the lincoln bike looks like and really dont care but im sure they did some fancy metal work that some could consider art. so call it art if you want. arlen ness does some pretty impressive things with his metal work and i can appreciate that...but as a bike it is usually still kind of ridiculous.

since choppers are 40+ years old it is highly unlikely to see "new" designs for choppers. but how about a chain frame? that was new and the bike still looked great. but in most cases its in the details for good builders. its subtle and not everyone sees it right away. but why is "never been done before" so important? making something different wont always make it better. ive seen a primary made of gears...different, but is it better than a traditional chain or belt? weighs more. noisier. more maintenence. doesnt sound better and the design was only for show. not a product he made for sale because it probably wouldnt. it was just different. what does occ do that is original? the theme bike has been repeated over and over. they did that about a decade ago and theyre still poppin em out. is it the show? nope, it plays like Ground Hog Day only not as funny and entertaining.

i dont worship occ for creating choppers because they dont. i dont credit them for the chopper rivival because they didnt revive anything. people have been riding choppers long before occ and will still ride when occ gets cancelled. i will credit them for the chopper confusion. they helped millions misunderstand the point of a chopper and, like allamerican, lable every bike with long forks and a stretched frame a chopper. i wont credit them for jobs because they didnt create the chopper market. there are hundreds of "chopper" shows that have been filmed, from Motorcycle Mania 1 2 and 3, Great Biker Buildoff, etc. maybe i should send a thank you note to the Discovery Channel. small business owners saw an increase in chopper shows and chopper interest and decided to invest in a business to make money...american chopper didnt show their business plan. and since hundreds of bike shops have now closed should i also blame occ for not keeping the chopper market "hot?"
many a good points in said post
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:32 AM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0

CC Policy

The representations expressed are the representations and opinions of the clubchopper.com forum members and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and viewpoints of the site owners or moderators. clubchopper.com forum members agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you or have been given the expressed written consent to post. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). For full policy, please click the "CC policy" link. Thank you for visiting the clubchopper.com
Links monetized by VigLink