Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > The Chopper Lounge

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
99 brake caliper on a 2000 fork?
Last Post: Shovel52
Posted On: Today
Replies: 4
Views: 169
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: donald branscom
Replies: 32
Views: 6,235
Project Blast!
Last Post: Spade115
Replies: 8
Views: 499
Oil vs fuel vs transmission line?
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: 09-18-2019
Replies: 5
Views: 105
return throttle cable
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: 09-17-2019
Replies: 2
Views: 108
More...
Old 08-13-2009, 10:11 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 01 Fatboy,65 Matchless, 83 V-65, +more
Send a message via AIM to rastoy
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode Warrior View Post
Because they're hideous looking and a waste of time and money.
That's cool. I find them quite unique and fun to look at. Never thought about time or money - since it's not my time nor money. Ness has been making this kind of art for a long time and I've always enjoyed his work. For me, it beats looking at all the look alike bikes built by everyone else. But that's why everyone's taste is different. Ness built his stuff to stand out and be remembered (and I assume OCC does the same thing with their theme bikes). And it's apparently worked since you remembered that bike (I didn't remember OCC did it, but I do remember when Ness did his).

Nevermind, you're hopeless.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastoy View Post
That's cool. I find them quite unique and fun to look at. Never thought about time or money - since it's not my time nor money. Ness has been making this kind of art for a long time and I've always enjoyed his work. For me, it beats looking at all the look alike bikes built by everyone else. But that's why everyone's taste is different. Ness built his stuff to stand out and be remembered (and I assume OCC does the same thing with their theme bikes). And it's apparently worked since you remembered that bike (I didn't remember OCC did it, but I do remember when Ness did his).

They stand out alright, I also remember the holocaust but it's not neccessarily a good thing.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2009, 05:44 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
They stand out alright, I also remember the holocaust but it's not neccessarily a good thing.
That helps me understand where you're coming from with your OCC comments.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:35 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
That helps me understand where you're coming from with your OCC comments.
Hey, I'm just here to help.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:53 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Hey, I'm just here to help.
Yup, I had the same issues with Pablo Picasso and Salvador Dali paintings. Waste of time and paint. I still can't believe people made money off of those guys works.
Damn wannabe painters.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:54 AM
Douchebaggery
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 05 Barefoot Choppa
Not Ranked     
Quote:
yup, i had the same issues with pablo picasso and salvador dali paintings. Waste of time and paint. I still can't believe people made money off of those guys works.
Damn wannabe painters.
Hehe:lol::lol::lol:
Old 08-14-2009, 08:21 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Yup, I had the same issues with Pablo Picasso and Salvador Dali paintings. Waste of time and paint. I still can't believe people made money off of those guys works.
Damn wannabe painters.
Let's not get existential. If you want to talk about abstract art, it's a different subject and also a waste of time. We're talking about OCC here, not Picasso. Old school baby.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Let's not get existential. If you want to talk about abstract art, it's a different subject and also a waste of time. We're talking about OCC here, not Picasso. Old school baby.
Not at all. I look at bikes as a work of art. It's a matter of taste. Back in the day (old school?) bikes at shows were required to be started and driven in. Today they don't for the most part (the excuse is that the gas in the tank may burn the venue down). That, in my mind, changed show bikes from form and function to a work of art.

You look at the OCC comedy show and assume the actors in it are the same in real life as they are on the show. I don't know them so I don't jump to conclusions. That would be like watching that new show (SOA) and assuming the lead actor is a patched biker when not on the set. I don't know him either but I remember him playing a beast in some other show and I can't assume he's a beast in real life.

On to the bikes. There are a number of bikes that were built on the show that I thought were very creative with unique ideas. I never assumed they would be ridden since they were made to advertise a company. Just like most show bikes.

I did get to see one of their TV show built bikes up close. It looked good but functionally was a POS - broken down. I appreciated the looks of the bike.

I look at the '57 (both Ness and OCC) and appreciate the amount of metal work that went into them. I've made a few tanks and fenders in the past and know that there is no way that I could duplicate that type of work. So I like those bikes because of the skill required to create them.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Douchebaggery
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 05 Barefoot Choppa
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Not at all. I look at bikes as a work of art. It's a matter of taste. Back in the day (old school?) bikes at shows were required to be started and driven in. Today they don't for the most part (the excuse is that the gas in the tank may burn the venue down). That, in my mind, changed show bikes from form and function to a work of art.

You look at the OCC comedy show and assume the actors in it are the same in real life as they are on the show. I don't know them so I don't jump to conclusions. That would be like watching that new show (SOA) and assuming the lead actor is a patched biker when not on the set. I don't know him either but I remember him playing a beast in some other show and I can't assume he's a beast in real life.

On to the bikes. There are a number of bikes that were built on the show that I thought were very creative with unique ideas. I never assumed they would be ridden since they were made to advertise a company. Just like most show bikes.

I did get to see one of their TV show built bikes up close. It looked good but functionally was a POS - broken down. I appreciated the looks of the bike.

I look at the '57 (both Ness and OCC) and appreciate the amount of metal work that went into them. I've made a few tanks and fenders in the past and know that there is no way that I could duplicate that type of work. So I like those bikes because of the skill required to create them.
Wow is all I can say. Well thought out and makes alot of sence. Gives me a new perspective to what I already believed. Thanks.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:

That's right, you don't know them and you are jumping to conclusions. I'm not interpreting anything, everything I've said has come right out of Sr's mouth. Do I really need to point out the fact that one is a reality show and the other is scripted fiction about a biker club that doesn't exist in real life. Jesus Christ what planet are we on?
Old 08-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
So if we should assume OCC is just acting, should we also assume that little fucking elves come out in the middle of the night and build the bikes? Maybe that's scripted too. Or do you just want to pick and choose which parts are real?

Let me just take the time to say.......... WTF? On that note 10-4, over and out, sayonara, see you later.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:31 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
That's right, you don't know them and you are jumping to conclusions. I'm not interpreting anything, everything I've said has come right out of Sr's mouth. Do I really need to point out the fact that one is a reality show and the other is scripted fiction about a biker club that doesn't exist in real life. Jesus Christ what planet are we on?
I've not jumped to any conclusions. You are in that you think that OCC is not scripted. Discovery did a show on the making of an OCC segment. They showed a number of re-takes where the characters in the show couldn't get their lines right.
That is called scripted.

Let's jump back the the art thing (it's good I'm slow as hell at work - damn depression). Look at the BOM here (if I remember your bike might have won one). How many of the voters have heard or seen the bike they are voting on run? I'd bet not many. They are voting on a picture on a screen. That makes it a vote on art - not function.

Your turn.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:33 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
So if we should assume OCC is just acting, should we also assume that little fucking elves come out in the middle of the night and build the bikes? Maybe that's scripted too. Or do you just want to pick and choose which parts are real?

Let me just take the time to say.......... WTF? On that note 10-4, over and out, sayonara, see you later.
Don't give up now. I've got to stay at my office until 3pm EST (waiting for a conference call) and like I said, I don't have a lot of work to do.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:38 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Choppa View Post
Wow is all I can say. Well thought out and makes alot of sence. Gives me a new perspective to what I already believed. Thanks.
Like I've said in the past - I've never seen a ugly bike (although you tried to show one). They are art and in any work of art there is always something that redeems it. Like Picasso - he throws a tit or 2 in some of his works.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:40 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Don't give up now. I've got to stay at my office until 3pm EST (waiting for a conference call) and like I said, I don't have a lot of work to do.
That's it for me. I'm way too busy today. I'll fuck wi....., I mean, talk to you later.