Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > The Chopper Lounge

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Starting a New Build but its not a CFL
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: Today
Replies: 10
Views: 968
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: Poop
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 12
Views: 1,349
5 speed quadseal and enclosed primary
Last Post: Am4wag
Posted On: 07-14-2019
Replies: 2
Views: 69
Mounting WCC belt guard on Brute V
Last Post: modekko
Posted On: 07-13-2019
Replies: 1
Views: 54
bmc
Last Post: pushrod243
Posted On: 07-13-2019
Replies: 2
Views: 107
More...
Old 08-11-2009, 07:10 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom 2000 FLSTF
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Choppa View Post
OCC is the best!!!
Ditto.......
Old 08-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I think the funniest thing I ever saw on the show, was when they were going to make a limited number of anniversary bikes. Senior kept bragging about how "economical" they were going to be, and how any person could afford one. The price is $24,999.00 Are you kidding me? Anyone can afford that? For something the size of an Iron 883 sportster, and not even half as cool? Someone needs to remind Senior about the real world, and whats its like being a normal American and what is really affordable. A bike that anywhere else would cost from $7000 to maybe $9000. I would have a hard time giving 25 grand for a fully decked out dresser.

Last edited by CHAINSAW; 08-11-2009 at 11:48 AM..
Old 08-11-2009, 12:01 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
i have a hard time believing he has sold any of his bikes in the past year or so.

occparts is a dealer for them, i dont think he has sold any
Old 08-11-2009, 12:50 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Hardcore II, HD 2005 Softail Deluxe
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairwaymike View Post
i have a hard time believing he has sold any of his bikes in the past year or so.

occparts is a dealer for them, i dont think he has sold any
The only bikes they are selling are toy bikes and t- shirts all over the world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2olCKnTVPI&NR
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=5377078
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 Buell Blast
Send a message via Yahoo to Spade115
Not Ranked     
Hell I have trouble getting a bike for under 1g, a few blast's with no titles and damage are going for 1500 I am just gonna get an engine first and figure the rest out later
Grease
Quote:
Originally Posted by apehangeralfy View Post
When I roll by cows in the winter, they get jealous:
LBS
Old 08-11-2009, 01:18 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 04' TEXAS CHOPPER 124ci.
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by tod75154 View Post
c'mon jj rules!!!!!!!!!!!!
JJ's a trader..........he works with Honda, remember the other thread?
Old 08-11-2009, 02:32 PM
VOTE FOR COWBELL!
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Wrenchin & riding American V-Twins
Not Ranked     
My wife loves it when I wear OCC cologne.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Hot Rod Special const!
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode Warrior View Post
Now it's become a reality show. For Sr. and Jr. the reality of a bad economy and the inevitable end of a long lucky run.

For Sr. the reality of a huge overhead and a giant complex without the income of the show. Let's face it, he's not going to make it on bike sales. Bring in Ducati and scooters and try to exploit the foreign market in a bad economy. Gotta sell a lot of Ducatis just to heat the place. If it works, good, if if doesn't, good. He's got enough money anyways. In the meantime, cut off Jr's huge income and start to phase Mikey out if the show doesn't continue. I'm sure that by now, Sr. realizes that the show is the drama between him and Jr. and if he's willing to let that go, he must know something we all don't know.

For Jr. the reality of trying to live off his name and start a "design" business. What the fuck qualifies him, building non functional bikes based only on what he thinks is cool? So far, he's added some chrome to a Coleman grille. His logo is his scribbled signature. Great. Lookout Calvin Klein.

For Mikey, the tit has dried up for this useless talentless lazy douchebag. Fucking whining that "Daddy" is leaving me out of the trips. Fuck off.

You know I will start off saying that I always admired your bike build and you did a good job cuz I like Hot Rod bikes. But to sit back and slam someone else's success makes you look small. Jr can make custom bikes period!!! You might not like them but he is a customizer none the less and will be remembered long after you leave Club Chopper.. Sr. has been buildin bikes before you were born. Mickey was a lot of the humor and part of American Choppers SUCCESS!! I haven't seen the show in years but they are a true American success story. Be happy for them!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 06:07 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom 2000 FLSTF
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by tod75154 View Post
c'mon jj rules!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who's jj?
Old 08-11-2009, 06:24 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLAMERICAN View Post
You know I will start off saying that I always admired your bike build and you did a good job cuz I like Hot Rod bikes. But to sit back and slam someone else's success makes you look small. Jr can make custom bikes period!!! You might not like them but he is a customizer none the less and will be remembered long after you leave Club Chopper.. Sr. has been buildin bikes before you were born. Mickey was a lot of the humor and part of American Choppers SUCCESS!! I haven't seen the show in years but they are a true American success story. Be happy for them!!!

I'm not slamming their success. They have a lot more dough than I do. I'm just pointing out that their situation isn't what it used to be. Easy come, easy go. Are you trying to say they made millions because of the few basic choppers they started out with?

Maybe you should watch some of the recent shows. Pretty pathetic. I'm not slamming them, just stating the facts. I'm not jealous of anyone, in fact, I've stated many times when I thought they did a good job on a particular bike or had a good idea. I don't have an axe to grind either. But, the amount of fame and wealth they have is not in direct proportion to their success as bike builders or designers. I guess I'm just not a fan of bikes that only look good but aren't functional. They were in the right place at the right time and capitalized on the success of the show because of the soap opera quality of it, the inflated economy, and the fact that choppers became a mainstream fad. I do credit them for inadverdently helping to create a lot of that. But lets be real, they didn't have a plan. It just turned out that way. Good for them.

Last edited by Rhode Warrior; 08-19-2009 at 08:51 PM..
Old 08-11-2009, 06:35 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004 CFL
Not Ranked     
I was at Carlisle PA recently and OCC had a display there.
I gotta say that the mass market bikes are really gawky
looking. Maybe they were going for a look or something like
the super high up neck frame that Sr is in to but they are definitely
not hitting the mark. Are there pics anywhere of the mass market bikes?
Old 08-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Hot Rod Special const!
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodie Warrior View Post
I'm not slamming their success. They have a lot more dough than I do. I'm just pointing out that their situation isn't what it used to be. Easy come, easy go. Are you trying to say they made millions because of the few basic choppers they started out with?

Maybe you should watch some of the recent shows. Pretty pathetic. I'm not slamming them, just stating the facts. I'm not jealous of anyone, in fact, I've stated many times when I thought they did a good job on a particular bike or had a good idea. I don't have an axe to grind either. But, the amount of fame and wealth they have is not in direct proportion to their success as bike builders or designers. I guess I'm just not a fan of bikes that only look good but aren't functional. They were in the right place at the right time and capitalized on the success of the show because of the soap opera quality of it, the inflated economy, and the fact that choppers became a mainstream fad. I do credit them for inadvertently helping to create a lot of that. But lets be real, they didn't have a plan. It just turned out that way. Good for them.

P.S. What I said about Mikey still stands.
The amount of fame they have is not in proportion to there bike building. Who says? You? That's not for you or I to comment on unless of course you are Jealous then you can comment on it all you want. A lot of things are built that are not functional but people like them. How about the Batmobile. The first one and the latest one including the motorcycle.
How about this. You can thank them for creating hundreds of jobs intentionally and inadvertently. They are DIRECTLY responsible for hundreds of bike shops that have opened up in the early part of 2000 and that in return created lots of really cool parts and designs. Maybe choppers were a fad to some but even so what's wrong with making money off of fads. It's the American way. HolaHoop, BellBottoms and Fat tire bikes.
They created lot's of jobs and work for people on the TV show and the actual business. Not to mention commercials and appearances and yes even the goofy bikes that represented companies like Snap on and boosted there sales in there company and many others like that.
Before you slam someone and a company and a business that has created hundreds of jobs ask yourself "What have you done to create jobs"???
Mikey is funny!!! we all can't be as talented as you as far as bike design. All people have to find there way and do the best they can. Mikey was lucky the show came along and the show was lucky that Mikey came along.

Last edited by ALLAMERICAN; 08-11-2009 at 09:01 PM..
Old 08-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: '04 Flyrite
Not Ranked     
no one is claiming the batmobile is a hot rod either. you sound pretty passionate about this one so im sure i will hit a nerve...sorry. occ has made money for being tv stars, thats it. tee shirts, coozies, keychains, etc sales are all part of the show, nothing to do with their builds. its like arguing that the sons of anarchy are really a biker gang when the camera turns off and that ron pearlman makes his money from running guns. its television. he makes his money from more shows.

find a magazine or someone that has a custom, a chopper, whatever, that says it has anything made by occ. you dont see it because they dont do alot of motorcycle or motorcycle parts sales. they make their money on scripted show contracts and mechandise from the show...and building a shitty theme bike for tragedies to push ratings. i think i saw another fire bike..."we will never forget" on the outer primary. money getting tight? gotta puke out another theme bike to make money off of 9/11? maybe it was for another company, who cares.

they are rich, made a shitload of money i guess the american way. no ones arguing that. havent seen a thread yet that says "do you think occ is making a bunch of money?" the question keeps coming up about their abilities though...why is that? they are a family of ornamental iron workers. they can weld and bend metal, but is that enough to be a quality builder? they could put a motorcycle together. they could add a bunch of goofy shit to it and charge 6 digits for their hardwork, but is it a good bike? how far/long could i ride it?(trick question, i wouldnt ride it)

they dont build cool bikes. they found early on that theme bikes were different and it got new seasons of amer. chopper signed. so they did the ?american? thing...keep making ridiculous bikes, "themed" after anything. hell, the first few seasons they could have made the next bike off the frame of the previous...the only difference was in the welded on bs changed.

they didnt create new jobs, they saw a money ticket. others saw the same ticket and jumped on. occ isnt responsible for those new companies, those companies started themselves after they noticed choppers were catching on. and jj and motorcycle mania could take more responsibility for that. notice that only one company does theme bikes? subliminal trend, maybe?

they add hundreds of pounds of metal to a bike and call it a "chopper". they build an "old school" bike with nothing referencing the old school. and few ride their bikes or use their parts but they are still recognized for their ability?

"what have i done to create job"...SHIT, i was supposed to ask that first.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:44 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 113" Softail
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANKTHECRANK View Post
Who's jj?
This guy I think...
Old 08-12-2009, 03:01 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLAMERICAN View Post
The amount of fame they have is not in proportion to there bike building. Who says? You? That's not for you or I to comment on unless of course you are Jealous then you can comment on it all you want. A lot of things are built that are not functional but people like them. How about the Batmobile. The first one and the latest one including the motorcycle.
How about this. You can thank them for creating hundreds of jobs intentionally and inadvertently. They are DIRECTLY responsible for hundreds of bike shops that have opened up in the early part of 2000 and that in return created lots of really cool parts and designs. Maybe choppers were a fad to some but even so what's wrong with making money off of fads. It's the American way. HolaHoop, BellBottoms and Fat tire bikes.
They created lot's of jobs and work for people on the TV show and the actual business. Not to mention commercials and appearances and yes even the goofy bikes that represented companies like Snap on and boosted there sales in there company and many others like that.
Before you slam someone and a company and a business that has created hundreds of jobs ask yourself "What have you done to create jobs"???
Mikey is funny!!! we all can't be as talented as you as far as bike design. All people have to find there way and do the best they can. Mikey was lucky the show came along and the show was lucky that Mikey came along.
The Batmobile sucks.

I can comment on whatever the fuck I want.

What have I done to create jobs? I have employed dozens of people every year for 25 years, that's what. And I continue to create jobs and opportunity for people. But that doesn't make me the best HVAC guy.

Mikey is a lazy, untalented, douchebag.