Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > The Chopper Lounge

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Oil Lines
Last Post: Maustarman
Posted On: 08-14-2019
Replies: 9
Views: 1,798
Bars upside down
Last Post: Poop
Posted On: 08-12-2019
Replies: 3
Views: 152
12" Ape Hangers on 2001 Road King
Last Post: pushrod243
Posted On: 08-10-2019
Views: 152
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: donald branscom
Posted On: 08-09-2019
Replies: 24
Views: 5,416
Project Blast!
Last Post: Spade115
Posted On: 08-08-2019
Views: 170
More...
Old 08-18-2009, 09:00 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 113" Softail
Not Ranked     
Yeah well... we don't know if without the TV that JJ wouldn't have gone out of business like a lot of the the other BIG bike shops that have in the last few years... bet he would still be making them fenders at least....
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom 2000 FLSTF
Not Ranked     
Please rastoy,....save your psyco babble for Rhode Warrior.

We don't need your self proclaimed level headed, holier than thou attitude,...."I've never seen an ugly bike",.......give me a break,...even Rick couldn't agree with you on that one.

And if you think it takes using some 24/7 search engine to find a mention of WCC,........did you forget your in the lounge and when you click the little "chopper lounge" thingy, it shows you the active threads. Yea,...then you read whats posted and reply if you like,.......it's real easy,.........no special talent needed, you found it didn't you?

Man crush,........that's a good one,.........did you learn that technical term in your 2 psyc. courses you conveniently mentioned. Is this how you use your knowledge, amateur therapy sessions on an internet chopper forum.

It's obvious I like WCC,..........JJ just happens to own it.

It's just as obvious you have the deep desire to always come to the aid of,.......yes, everybody say it,..........Jr. and Sr.,..............talk about a man crush.

I see you only commented on my mention of being dragged into this discussion,....how about the rest of my post,...it wasn't opinion based, it was for the most part factual.

Last edited by FRANKTHECRANK; 08-18-2009 at 09:21 PM..
Old 08-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 01 Fatboy,65 Matchless, 83 V-65, +more
Send a message via AIM to rastoy
Not Ranked     
If you haven't noticed I come to the aid of Sr., Jr. and JJ. I also come to the aid of Ugly Bikes (they need love too). I don't believe in trashing anyone's bike, business, or wife.

It's not amateur therapy, it's a quest for knowledge. Knowledge is very powerful. I once had a crush on a stripper. Probably cost me a few grand with no success. I learned (the knowledge part) that all it took was a bit of coke.

Nevermind, you're hopeless.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2009, 09:29 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Which one?
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhewer View Post
I've only seen 1 show in the past couple years.... & that was about a month ago.
This was when Jr. was just getting into his building for his new gig "boutique owner"...... and .... (chuckle) design company??? that was some funny shit, because he was trying to design his own logo.... and his ol' lady ended up doing it for him cause he was having trouble!
Not very good advertising for someone trying to open a design co.

If you ask me.... the bike shop is far better off now without his prema-donna B.S. and....well damn....I gotta say I was actually impressed by some of the shit they were turning out with their CNC machine.
(some eagle tallons on the fork lowers for the Dubai police bike, I think? )
Sr. got smart and hired some actual craftsmen....... to take the place of his spoiled brat kid. (who was not really all that tallented)
Rock LOL,This is the only time you will see me say this and brother,you hit the nail squarely on the head.

JB Customs
2422 W. Michigan Ave
Jackson,Michigan 49202
517-787-8730
jbcustoms.com
Motorcycles are one of life's many pleasures!
Old 08-18-2009, 09:31 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom 2000 FLSTF
Not Ranked     
Well rastoy, use that quest for knowledge and notice,.................when I debate about this subject, I compare WCC to OCC,.............it seems in your last "comparison" posts,.........you compare Sr. to JJ.

Who's got the crush?
Old 08-18-2009, 09:32 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Choppa View Post
OCC is the best!!!
Damn,I just fell out of my chair when i read this. Someone call 911 and get them over to his house because he must be sick! LOL

JB Customs
2422 W. Michigan Ave
Jackson,Michigan 49202
517-787-8730
jbcustoms.com
Old 08-18-2009, 09:35 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairwaymike View Post
i have a hard time believing he has sold any of his bikes in the past year or so.

occparts is a dealer for them, i dont think he has sold any
Mike,actually I have sold a few and a lot of parts all over the world.

JB Customs
2422 W. Michigan Ave
Jackson,Michigan 49202
517-787-8730
jbcustoms.com
Old 08-18-2009, 09:43 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastoy View Post
Yup, I had the same issues with Pablo Picasso and Salvador Dali paintings. Waste of time and paint. I still can't believe people made money off of those guys works.
Damn wannabe painters.
hehehehe lol zoom right over his head.

JB Customs
2422 W. Michigan Ave
Jackson,Michigan 49202
517-787-8730
jbcustoms.com
Old 08-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANKTHECRANK View Post
Well rastoy, use that quest for knowledge and notice,.................when I debate about this subject, I compare WCC to OCC,.............it seems in your last "comparison" posts,.........you compare Sr. to JJ.

Who's got the crush?
I really got to you with the man crush comment huh. wow, I'm good.

OCC and WCC are Sr. and JJ.

You edited your last one when I was writing the response. I didn't feel the need to respond since you've made the same statements a number of times and regardless of anything I might have said it would have been useless.

BUT - as an afterthought as to what would have happened to JJ had it not been for Discovery - go and replay Mania 1 and check out the part where he has no money to make payroll and is saved by a payment coming in (the tat part). That sir, is a business that is close to going under. It's called day to day existence. Discovery saved his ass. OCC, on the other hand, was probably living off of the money made by the iron company. It was a toy for the owner of the iron company. They would have stayed in business until Sr. got tired of playing with his toys.

Try not to take this shit to serious. It's the internet and made to have fun and kill time when we can't be working on our bikes.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:53 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode Warrior View Post
That's right, you don't know them and you are jumping to conclusions. I'm not interpreting anything, everything I've said has come right out of Sr's mouth. Do I really need to point out the fact that one is a reality show and the other is scripted fiction about a biker club that doesn't exist in real life. Jesus Christ what planet are we on?
ah,but I do know them and everything you have said is so slighted to one side it is almost funny. What is it they need to do,make the steel? In that shop they are capable of and do it with regularity make their own frames,tanks,fenders,lights,bars,wheels,brackets of all shapes and sizes,controls,do I need to go on? You really don't have a clue as to what it is really like there and to what extent their influence goes in the industry. It is so funny to see someone who has built one or 2 bikes and now all of a sudden they are experts and know it all and have seen it all. All American also hit the nail squarely about what has happened in the industry since JJ and OCC went on TV. Sr and his team are very calculated as to where OCC goes-this is not something that has happened because they are lucky,man,get a clue,green is not your best color.

JB Customs
2422 W. Michigan Ave
Jackson,Michigan 49202
517-787-8730
jbcustoms.com
Old 08-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by occparts View Post
man,get a clue,green is not your best color.
That is the best line I've heard on this site. May I use it in the future?

Old 08-18-2009, 10:03 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootercycles View Post
nah, a wrench welded on a frame is still goofy, regardless of who does it. Just like knives used as working parts of the motorcycle. Asking for trouble there...
Did you by chance look at the frame the wrench was welded too?

JB Customs
2422 W. Michigan Ave
Jackson,Michigan 49202
517-787-8730
jbcustoms.com
Old 08-18-2009, 10:10 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastoy View Post
That is the best line I've heard on this site. May I use it in the future?
Any time you want-feel free as I know you will use it with due consideration as to who you are saying it to.

JB Customs
2422 W. Michigan Ave
Jackson,Michigan 49202
517-787-8730
jbcustoms.com
Old 08-19-2009, 01:00 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
hehehehe lol zoom right over his head.
Hardly. Furthermore comparing Picasso to OCC is just about as valid as comparing OCC to Ford Motor Company. I get the sarcasm, he's just way off base. But then again, I guess you have to defend OCC, you have a vested interest, and it seems a little cruel to have to say but sorry for your loss.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:51 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
ah,but I do know them and everything you have said is so slighted to one side it is almost funny. What is it they need to do,make the steel? In that shop they are capable of and do it with regularity make their own frames,tanks,fenders,lights,bars,wheels,brackets of all shapes and sizes,controls,do I need to go on? You really don't have a clue as to what it is really like there and to what extent their influence goes in the industry. It is so funny to see someone who has built one or 2 bikes and now all of a sudden they are experts and know it all and have seen it all. All American also hit the nail squarely about what has happened in the industry since JJ and OCC went on TV. Sr and his team are very calculated as to where OCC goes-this is not something that has happened because they are lucky,man,get a clue,green is not your best color.
Tell me all about their influence on the industry. They have the capabilities to pretty much fabricate anything in that shop, but it's because they bought all the equipment with the TV money. The money didn't come from all their bike sales, as you have pointed out yourself on many occasions. If it did, they would still be working out of Sr's basement and their CNC machine would be a hand grinder.

And yes, it is because they're lucky, lucky to have been picked for the show, at the right time, and lucky enough that it had the soap opera quality that it did. Honestly, where do you think they would be right now if they didn't have the show? What is the shame in that? They just jumped on the bandwagon, like you did, only they helped to fuel the fire with their show, and, unlike you, they raked the money in. They were the Pied Piper and you followed. But rather than admit you made a mistake it's easier to call someone jealous. What have you done with all the money you made from OCC bike sales? What else did you invest in, the Delorean, smokeless cigarettes, the Edsel?

What does it matter how many bikes I've built? Do I need to own Harley Davidson to be able to form an opinion? I did more of my own work on my first bike than Sr. did on any of his. I don't send my parts out for someone else to finish wiring, welding, bodywork, or paint. I was into bikes and cars long before I ever saw American Chopper and will continue to be long after they're cancelled. I'm no wannabee builder, and I have no axe to grind, just being honest. But I will tell you that the bikes I've built were well thought out in advance from a technical standpoint long before I ever started building. I don't believe in form without function. I'm an HVAC contractor and don't pretend to be anything else, and looking at where the custom bike industry is going, maybe you should also consider HVAC.

If anything, they helped the industry by showing the average guy that he too was able to build his own bike. TV is a powerful tool. In my opinion, the impact they have had on the industry is incidental to the show. I will give them credit for selling lots of t shirts, bobble heads, and Pez dispensers to people that don't even own bikes though.