Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > The Chopper Lounge

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
WCC Ignition Switch covers
Last Post: hansheathen
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 1
Views: 166
Project Blast!
Last Post: BruceClarke
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 4
Views: 251
WTB: chopper fucker battery box
Last Post: John Spartan
Posted On: 08-23-2019
Replies: 6
Views: 3,006
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: donald branscom
Posted On: 08-19-2019
Replies: 25
Views: 5,634
Tank Building Tutorial.
Last Post: Markee
Posted On: 08-18-2019
Replies: 99
Views: 23,031
More...
Old 08-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Douchebaggery
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 05 Barefoot Choppa
Not Ranked     
Frank to the rescue......something negative bout wcc or jj.....who ya gonna call? Not ghostbusters.......but the infamous frankthecrank
He has never ridden a cfl and may never, but will defend them to the end!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom 2000 FLSTF
Not Ranked     
I'd ride a Phantom but no one knows what the hell they are or where to find one.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:42 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: '04 Flyrite
Not Ranked     
you might consider taking your own advice. ford and occ dont compare LITERALLY, or METAPHORICLY. they dont compare no matter how you work it. you said to re-read your posts as though you had previously explained your point, you didnt. are we on the same page now? i know you dont think that occ is LITERALLY at the capacity of ford...but you cant possibly think somehow, METAPHORICALLY, these two companies effect their industries in the same manner, since there is little to no resemblence. because they are both family owned? i guess you got me. these two companies ARE the same...not literally, metaphorically of course.

my apologies with the tlc thing, my mistake. but even on another channel, occ still doesnt include motorcycles in the show and its still just a drama focused less to those that are interested in bikes and more to those interested in drama...ill stick to sons of anarchy for the drama.

rastoy, you might give it a look. get past the first few episodes and you will like it. and al bundy's wife is great on the show...you'll forget about peggy before you know it.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 01 Fatboy,65 Matchless, 83 V-65, +more
Send a message via AIM to rastoy
Not Ranked     
OCC = Sr. was a welder blue collar worker who was into bikes.
WCC = JJ was a wlder blue collar worker who was into bikes.
OCC = Sr. started a company to build bikes.
WCC = JJ started a company to build bikes.
OCC = Sr. made it big time because of his TV exposure
WCC = JJ made it big time because of his TV exposure
OCC = Sr. Makes bikes that the average blue collar worker can't afford
WCC = JJ Makes bikes that the average blue collar worker can't afford

Are they related or are they the same guy in a different body?

88 - no way am I going to waste my time watching that show.

Nevermind, you're hopeless.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2009, 07:38 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Do you really want me to respond?
Old 08-18-2009, 07:39 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Hot Rod Special const!
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastoy View Post
OCC = Sr. was a welder blue collar worker who was into bikes.
WCC = JJ was a wlder blue collar worker who was into bikes.
OCC = Sr. started a company to build bikes.
WCC = JJ started a company to build bikes.
OCC = Sr. made it big time because of his TV exposure
WCC = JJ made it big time because of his TV exposure
OCC = Sr. Makes bikes that the average blue collar worker can't afford
WCC = JJ Makes bikes that the average blue collar worker can't afford

Are they related or are they the same guy in a different body?

88 - no way am I going to waste my time watching that show.
I think the only difference between JJ and Sr. is
One-JJ has a cool name so there's instant love for him because it's some sort of outlaw thing that wannabes think they are a part of or at least in there own minds.

two- JJ seems to be a cool guy on tv but in reality he's not. He dumped his beautiful wife who stood by him and virtually dumped his kids as he road to the top. He also has no love for his dogs so in my mind he's a little man.Then he ended up marrying a bimbo Movie star. Talk about sellout!!

Three- his CFL became popular for whatever reason I have no clue. Because it's not much different then any other chopper frame that anyone else builds. So it has to be and here we go again it's because of JJ and his cool factor.

Here's my question. Who has more money? JJ or SR??????
Old 08-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Don't matter who has more money. I applaud them both for going from nothing to where they are now.
I like JJ's minimalist style of bike.
I like SR's old school style - since that's where I came from.

I think they are both very much alike. I don't give a shit about their personal life. I'd bet Sr. could out bench press JJ. I'd bet JJ could out ride Sr. And I don't even think about who has the "cool" factor.

Both deserve thanks from the biker community.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:59 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANKTHECRANK View Post
I'd ride a Phantom but no one knows what the hell they are or where to find one.
LMFAO

phantom motorcycles #1

the great thing is that they come with ALASKAN plates. that way you won't stand out if your local cops see the plate

__________~~~
Old 08-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I love how every OCC related thread ends up with 1 or 2 of the same guys mentioning WCC, (you know who you are), and dragging me in. This is fun.

This has nothing to do with who has a dysfunctional family, or who married who,....this is about their businesses.

Here's the big difference between the two, aside from the obvious "theme bike" thing,......when the Discovery Channel first aired the American Chopper pilot, nobody ever heard of OCC.

Never saw them in biker mags, or at the big 3 events, ( Daytona, Sturgis, Laconia), never saw their parts or bikes anywhere. (still don't, but that's another story) During that pilot and pretty much throughout their first few seasons, they would use Milwaukee Iron fenders, Rolling Thunder or Paucho frames, Rowe Machine wheels....etc,.... etc,...., you get the idea,....and assemble a chopper, decorate it and call it a "THEME BIKE". TV made them who they are, and they "are" a true American success story.

WCC on the other hand, was an established high end bike shop when Discovery decided to make a documentary about it and was already a huge player in the chopper building world.

Everybody put your thinking caps on and remember Motorcycle Mania I.

When Discovery went into WCC, not only was the shop already supplying fenders to distributors and almost every notable bike builder of that time, and building their own frames, sheet metal, wheels, etc,...etc,...for years already, but they were also building a bike for the Camel Roadhouse Tour, putting 2 bikes in Easyriders magazine, and building two bikes for high profile customers, (Bill Goldberg and Shaq),............yes all that,...already happening "before" Hugh Kings cameras were rolling. (that's just what was happening there during the filming,...plenty more before the filming began)

You have to know, I'm capable of posting up a few examples of WCC ads,... and other builder's bike features, that list West Coast Choppers fenders, tanks, pipes, and air cleaners in their specs list,.... proving it was established and growing fast, long before the airing of MMI.

TV, without a doubt, enhanced JJ's fame, but it definitely didn't "make" WCC, ...the way it "made" OCC.

Last edited by FRANKTHECRANK; 08-18-2009 at 08:49 PM..
Old 08-18-2009, 08:49 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 113" Softail
Not Ranked     
Well I will agree and disagree with ya Frank...

OCC, with Sr. at the helm would have developed into a profitable business without the TV.. The man works like a dog and is a succesful business man. That being said, JJ is far and away a more skilled builder then SR... hell JR is better then SR... Most of the skilled work that comes out of OCC is made by Rick, and that guy has some skills. Hell his bike that he made on his own was prob the best that ever came out of that shop. JJ on the other hand when he figured out that this is what he wanted to do went all around the country and trained with the TOP guys in the car and bike industry.. Covell, Boyd.. etc.. the guy has genuine skills.....

All that being said.. I think his name and felon bad boy image makes him much more popular... It's the outlaw persona (sp?) that most associate with the biker lifestyle and when they get on their 100,000 bike it makes them a bad ass too... lol.. whatever ... pay up sucker..

and I doubt that SR can out bench JJ.... that would be a good one, I think they are both pushin up around 375-400...
Old 08-18-2009, 08:51 PM
PART OF THE CREW FUCK OFF
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 07 919
Not Ranked     
think im OCD i keep reading this thread
Old 08-18-2009, 08:52 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 113" Softail
Not Ranked     
LMAO... me too Sal.. and they just drug me in... DAMN!!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Tod, we'll never know whether or nor Sr. would have succeeded at the bike building business without TV, because we can't change the past.

But we do know WCC was already a successful shop, selling bikes for 60 to 75k at the time, before the cable TV exposure.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:58 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I do agree with the fact that Sr. was already a successful business man, piloting a huge steel mill, which bankrolled the chopper shop during the early years.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANKTHECRANK View Post
I love how every OCC related thread ends up with 1 or 2 of the same guys mentioning WCC, (you know who you are), and dragging me in. This is fun.
If I dragged you in, that was not my intention. But then again it's like you have your search engine looking for any mention of WCC on the internet and spend 24/7 looking for it.

I'd like to know what caused this obsession with JJ and if there is a cure for it. I only took 2 psyc. courses in college and I don't think they covered deep obsession. We did cover hero worship and your man crush seems to be way beyond that. I never did figure out the Charles Manson girls obsession either.

Seriously, I'm concerned for you, have you considered professional help?