Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > The Chopper Lounge

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Bleeding brakes in dna rear end. Need help
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: Today
Replies: 9
Views: 194
Leaking spoke wheel. Help needed
Last Post: Poop
Posted On: Today
Replies: 7
Views: 220
Seen the new Harleys?
Last Post: Neverlost
Posted On: 03-31-2020
Replies: 3
Views: 118
What are these?
Last Post: erlobulldog
Posted On: 03-30-2020
Replies: 4
Views: 148
2001 Road King transmission swap
Last Post: CIC2016
Posted On: 03-29-2020
Replies: 1
Views: 190
More...
Old 08-18-2009, 07:56 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANKTHECRANK View Post
Every single part that WCC sold,.........exhaust systems, sheet metal, motor mounts, grips, handle bars, triple trees, risers, foward controls, foot boards, pegs, belt drive covers, seat pans, complete seats, wheels, air cleaners, gas caps, plate mounts, kick stands,....etc,.....etc,.....etc,.....where made in house, and then in their manufacturing plant across the street from the shop. That's Long Beach, California, USA.

Only about 5, of their 20 or so models of fenders, and their Villain tank, because of the huge demand, were out sourced to Tiawan and Mexico to be sold through Custom Chrome. (you could still get American made ones, if ordered through the shop)

Sold out,....that's funny,......a brand new Harley Davidson has more parts on it from overseas than any new WCC bike does.

Hey anyone know where the OCC Pez despensers are made?

OCC might out source some parts too, if there was high,....er,...I mean "any" demand for them.

What did you say A.A., "OCC has continued on with American made bikes and parts",.....hmmm, are Rev Tech all American made?,....just wondering because I have't seen any in WCC shop built bikes.
Like I said in the beginning, it's a TV show. The bike building part is incidental to the show. It's a soap opera, and not even a good one because soap operas usually run forever. Hey, they had a good run and made lots of money. I'd like to what what happens a year from now, not just with OCC, but with the industry in general. I know fads and good or bad economies wont change what I do, I've been a gearhead all my life and will continue to be one.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2009, 08:23 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Hot Rod Special const!
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode Warrior View Post
Like I said in the beginning, it's a TV show. The bike building part is incidental to the show. It's a soap opera, and not even a good one because soap operas usually run forever. Hey, they had a good run and made lots of money. I'd like to what what happens a year from now, not just with OCC, but with the industry in general. I know fads and good or bad economies wont change what I do, I've been a gearhead all my life and will continue to be one.
People were saying OCC would not last a year. What they were really saying is I hope they don't last the year.
I watched the first couple of years and yes most of there bikes were nonsense to me. But hey I don't watch Friends or American idol or dancin with the stars, so OCC it was for awhile.Then Build or bust and Buildoff were spinoffs from OCCs popularity and thank god cuz I liked both of those shows.
We don't get to many motorcycle shows and TV so when we do I enjoy those shows. Now there mostly all gone except?????
I am lookin forward to SOA!!

And like you I have a Love for 2 wheels now goin on over 50 years and if I have my way I would take my bike with me when my day comes......
Old 08-18-2009, 08:32 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 80 shovel/09 asve EVO
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastoy View Post
I guess the debates over since you changed to name calling?
OK who won?

Whippersnappers? Let's see - my first bike was a '58 BSA Lightning that I bought in '63 (if I remember I paid $650 - $1.00 per cc), followed by a 52 HD basket case the next year (traded a panel truck for it - I had paid $50 for the truck). '65 I bought my first almost new bike - '65 Matchless (it was 2 months old and dropped by the first owner who never wanted to ride again). This was the first bike I cut up big time - and I still have it (it's in my gallery).

So neither Motorcycle Mania nor OCC got me into bikes. But OCC sure as heck got a lot of Yuppies into them.
Just jokin' man, no offence intended.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:37 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004 CFL
Not Ranked     
I gotta tell you - if you put a show about motorcycles
on the TV I am gonna watch it - or at least scan back and forth
between it and the other 2 or 3 things i am watching at the time.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:31 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1976 Shovel
Not Ranked     
It doesn't matter, because Jesse James rules all.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:58 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 01 Fatboy,65 Matchless, 83 V-65, +more
Send a message via AIM to rastoy
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdiamond View Post
It doesn't matter, because Jesse James rules all.
I thought Bob Ford shot him?

Nevermind, you're hopeless.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: '04 Flyrite
Not Ranked     
A.A., are you reading what is written? i re-read all your posts to make sure i didnt misunderstand your ford comment, but got nothing. you said if we talk about ford, the reaction would be the same, some for, some against(or someone would be jealous of their success?). then you said OCC DID FOR CHOPPERS, WHAT FORD DID FOR AUTOMOBILES. thats what i commented on...no comparison between the two.

and choppers were a SUBCULTURE before the late 90's. re-read it. that was in response to you saying a very small percentage yadi-yada, sub sub culture. choppers arent really a subculture anymore.

you keep arguing that occ has influenced the revival of choppers, but you dont really say how you figure. if someone has an influence on an industry, you should see that influence somewhere. i said in my first post, jj could take more responsibility for the revival than occ and that is a fact. mm1 came on a year before american chopper and his parts are everywhere. hell bent pipes, cfl frame, and even indian larry used some of his fenders. theres a whole section on this site for wcc owners. how can anyone be a part of the chopper industry and be responsible for so much when no one rides their bikes and no one uses their parts? hell, you said you werent even sure if they built parts for sale.

their bikes havent done shit for choppers. the original shows had motorcycles in them, but the further the show went, less and less bikes. when motorcycle mania comes on or build or bust or biker build off, i know im going to see motorcycles and someone building, so i watch. when american chopper comes on, chances are slim for either. occ has a huge following and ALOT of them do not ride motorcycles. thats were the money comes from. merchandise from the SHOW.

if you start a company and film a TV show, building useless bikes, but never sell one to be ridden, never make a part to sell...how can you be considered an integral part of that industry? no one is out riding their bike with an airplane tank. no one is riding with ape hangers that have antlers welded to it. if they influenced so many shops to open and build bikes and parts, why didnt ONE of those companies build theme bikes? or theme parts? because even with the occ show going into season after season, they knew no one gives a shit about theme bikes. people were buying parts from the guy on motorcycle mania. and people liked the builders from bike build off. even those small business owners were able to recognize that the people riding the motorcycles wanted cool parts and bikes and that the following to american chopper wasnt all "bikers." its people that like tv and drama. thats what they have done. made a show and got rich. good for them, but being loaded doesnt gain them credit for anything.

discovery started the build off shows realizing they could get more viewers with shows about bikes...but look what happened. choppers arent the "cool" thing anymore. turns out owning one isnt shit unless you ride it. so no more build offs, discovery sells american chopper to TLC and goes back to shows about sharks. and the people left were probably into choppers already, before the great occ became "stars."

your arguement for occ to go down in history or being responsible for "choppers coming back from the dead" is a huge leap. especially since they dont build choppers or contribute to the industry.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Right place at the right time. OCC should build a horseshoe chopper in honor of the horseshoes they obviously have up their asses. Paul Sr. would call that a good idear.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:26 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 04' TEXAS CHOPPER 124ci.
Not Ranked     
OCC Rulz, they're the reason after riding motorcycles for 35 years (up to ordering mine in '04) and owning a H-D for 12 years I sold it to buy a "long forked custom".....

Praise Jesus & the Tuetel's
Old 08-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Douchebaggery
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 05 Barefoot Choppa
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANKTHECRANK View Post
Every single part that WCC sold,.........exhaust systems, sheet metal, motor mounts, grips, handle bars, triple trees, risers, foward controls, foot boards, pegs, belt drive covers, seat pans, complete seats, wheels, air cleaners, gas caps, plate mounts, kick stands,....etc,.....etc,.....etc,.....where made in house, and then in their manufacturing plant across the street from the shop. That's Long Beach, California, USA.

Only about 5, of their 20 or so models of fenders, and their Villain tank, because of the huge demand, were out sourced to Tiawan and Mexico to be sold through Custom Chrome. (you could still get American made ones, if ordered through the shop)

Sold out,....that's funny,......a brand new Harley Davidson has more parts on it from overseas than any new WCC bike does.

Hey anyone know where the OCC Pez despensers are made?

OCC might out source some parts too, if there was high,....er,...I mean "any" demand for them.

What did you say A.A., "OCC has continued on with American made bikes and parts",.....hmmm, are Rev Tech all American made?,....just wondering because I have't seen any in WCC shop built bikes.
Oh christ, knew this was coming.......JJ's savior
Old 08-18-2009, 05:07 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88kicker View Post
discovery started the build off shows realizing they could get more viewers with shows about bikes...but look what happened. choppers arent the "cool" thing anymore. turns out owning one isnt shit unless you ride it. so no more build offs, discovery sells american chopper to TLC and goes back to shows about sharks. and the people left were probably into choppers already, before the great occ became "stars."
If you're going to debate make sure you get your facts correct.
Discovery owns TLC. It was a move to get more viewers on TLC.

But it looks like the egos of the Turtles killed the show. Bummer. Now the only thing worth watching on TV is ........ humm, nothing.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:26 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Before we go any farther look up LITERAL and METAPHORICAL. This way we can be on the same playing field of English.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:27 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastoy View Post
Now the only thing worth watching on TV is ........ humm, nothing.
SOA soon!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLAMERICAN View Post
SOA soon!!!
Not for me. Can't get into a show with Al Bundy's wife and the guy that played the Beast.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom 2000 FLSTF
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Choppa View Post
Oh christ, knew this was coming.......JJ's savior
Hey now Rick, I thought you'd be proud of me. It took me almost 150 posts into this thread before I said anything and I pretty much got it all out in one shot.

See those WCCA meetings are starting to help.

P.S. Thanks for quoting my post,....so everyone gets to see it again. Your a pal.

P.S.S. You too, RW.

Last edited by FRANKTHECRANK; 08-18-2009 at 06:13 PM..