Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > The Chopper Lounge

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
WTB: chopper fucker battery box
Last Post: John Spartan
Posted On: Today
Replies: 6
Views: 2,990
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: donald branscom
Posted On: 08-19-2019
Replies: 25
Views: 5,612
Tank Building Tutorial.
Last Post: Markee
Posted On: 08-18-2019
Replies: 99
Views: 22,995
Starting a New Build but its not a CFL
Last Post: 666 Spot
Posted On: 08-18-2019
Replies: 16
Views: 1,624
Oil Lines
Last Post: Maustarman
Posted On: 08-14-2019
Replies: 9
Views: 1,881
More...
Old 09-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor  
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2005 BBC Venom Chopper, S&S 96
Not Ranked     
Alfy, those attorneys make a good living on cases like that. Yes, it's an expensive lesson for ya, but it could have been even more costly further down the road some day.
Easy to get out of control and not keep a good handle on it. Sounds like you've come to terms on it and now just have to wait things out and hopefully not build up a bigger lawyer tab. Man that beats a hefty bar bill, don't it! LOL!
Good luck with it and may all your years ahead be good ones!
Enjoy the rides!

The life of the land is perpetuated in righteousness.

"Gentlemen, we must all hang together or assuredly we shall all hang separately."

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2008, 05:00 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004 custom chopper
Not Ranked     
Are there any police actually doing police work???? Thanks All American for the support that you threw out there for the cops on here who are also a member of this website. It's a shame that someone with the name ALL AMERICAN would get on here and bad mouth the laws of this country and the people that uphold them! I have been a member of this site for years and I have always enjoyed it. But it's gotten to the point that everytime I check this site out, someone is bad mouthing a cop for something. That is sad man! I guess the cops need to start arresting real criminals and stop HARRASSING the good ol guys of CLUB CHOPPER right!
Old 09-22-2008, 05:14 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 03 Paughco custom HD 100ci
Not Ranked     
You got that right deputydog about the part of arresting real criminals that is.

But then again you might find yourself behind bars for doing your job... so...lets say.. diligently...I personally believe that if there are laws that are just stupid or wrong...which there are many...they should be tackled and abolished.
It is your responsibility as a deputy dog to know the difference and be neutral in your dealings with the public.

That is not to say be silent. You will find that in the end you spent your life in what you believe to be right...but only to find that you are in support of a nation of thevies. Think about it.

So what do you intend to do about it...tell me Im stupid...I dont know what Im talking about?

We all have the right! That is not to say we are right.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Hot Rod Special const!
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by deputydog
Are there any police actually doing police work???? Thanks All American for the support that you threw out there for the cops on here who are also a member of this website. It's a shame that someone with the name ALL AMERICAN would get on here and bad mouth the laws of this country and the people that uphold them! I have been a member of this site for years and I have always enjoyed it. But it's gotten to the point that everytime I check this site out, someone is bad mouthing a cop for something. That is sad man! I guess the cops need to start arresting real criminals and stop HARRASSING the good ol guys of CLUB CHOPPER right!
Just do your job !

In Oakland a police officer is being sued for shooting an unarmed man. This is his second time for the same CRIME!!! Policeman walks into a bar and gets his ass kicked so his only recourse is to shoot the guy?

Bad mouth bad American laws. YOUR DAM STRAIGHT!!! That's the American way. For starters I want to carry a gun.....Just like you do for protection.

I'll put it out there for all to read. My personal thoughts about Individual cops are a lot of them are just normal regular guys, the rest got PUSHED around in school so now they try to make up for it. One of my friends from social events we go to is a cop but I don't want to hang out with him like were BUDDIES or anything like that.

If you have a hard time with freedom of speech I can understand that, from someone who's in a business that likes to limit people's freedom of speech among other things. Is it true if you stop me and I say something to your face you can arrest me?

Don't be so sensitive.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I agree! There are laws that are stupid and a waste of tax payer time and money, but like I tell so many " I didn't write the book , I just have to follow it!" Trust me, I have taken people to jail, that I personally thought that didn't need to go, but I did not have a choice. Now when I say this, I know that I am speaking of only a few, but I chose my job to be there when somebody needed me. Not the whole ego trip about I'm the law and your ass is going to jail, the billy bad ass law man that I am, but then again I still get clasified as one, just because I am a cop. Now I know, I'm wasting my time. I'm not supposed to get on this big bad biker site and express my opinion because I'm the enemy that is supposed to take away everybody's fun, but yours!
Old 09-22-2008, 09:09 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I personally think the freedom of speech is a beautiful thing. And no if I stop you and you cuss me up and down and call me every name in the book, I'm not going to arrest you! You have the right to speak your mind and I 'm not taking that away from you or anyone else. I would say something like, Sir press hard, there are five copies and then just let you ride off into the sunset, while I laughed all the way back to my little police car. Man come on, shit like that dosent bother me. Now some cops would take it personal and go all dumb assed. I would not!
Old 09-22-2008, 11:02 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1978 HD Shovelhead
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by apehangeralfy
I didn't have an accident but was pushing my luck for years, it was probably a good thing in the long run, I was getting out of control. Not an easy thing to admit, also my friend that rode with me learned a good lesson. If I helped to slow them down too I can live with the punishment... ..
After spending 3 years towing wrecks I won't have a drop of alcohol if I'm driving. I've cleaned up after too many drunks and I don't want to see another mangled body. Do yourselves a huge favour and don't drink and drive/ride - a split second can be the difference between riding in tomorrow's sun or fertilizing the local cemetary.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:57 AM
CC
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
I chose my job to be there when somebody needed me. Not the whole ego trip about I'm the law and your ass is going to jail, the billy bad ass law man that I am, but then again I still get clasified as one, just because I am a cop.

must really suck to be lumped up into one big ball of shit just cause you have something in common with a "few" bad guys! Hell, they should give out different colored badges for good cop bad cop !!!
Welcome to the real world Rosco!! Every one of us has been lumped into one ball or another and harrassed for it by you and your brotherhood!!!! So quit crying , dry your labia and get back to harrassing the good citizens cause they wear a similair jacket as a bad guy you seen on tv one time!
Old 09-24-2008, 03:14 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLAMERICAN
Yeah if your totally drunk you need to get arrested but the limit is ridiculous and it's different for most people. I don't really drink. I had one beer in 2007 . I was toasted for a while and I am 6'2 250.
You do realize that the limit is a percentage right? And that point .08 in someone that weighs 250 lbs is more than .08 in someone that weighs 100 lbs

If you are talking about the effects, I agree, that can be different based on each person, but how do you create a law based on that?
Old 09-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamH
You do realize that the limit is a percentage right? And that point .08 in someone that weighs 250 lbs is more than .08 in someone that weighs 100 lbs

If you are talking about the effects, I agree, that can be different based on each person, but how do you create a law based on that?
Although I have never had the test done I believe it's some sort of tube you breathe into and it analyzes the breath or air volume(which can differ from individual to individual) minus the alcohol should leave less then .08. But that's my point it's probably to low because of MADD. How about this . Your pulled off to the side of a road sleeping in your car without the motor running. Police officer pulls up and wants to give you a breath test. Not for driving drunk but for SLEEPING drunk!!!
Old 09-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Let's start with the speed traps. I don't think we really need to ticket someone who is driving along with the flow of traffic who happens to be "technically" speeding. I think there must be a better use of an officer's time. People really don't have the extra money for tickets and increased insurance rates. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't so hypocritical. I know cops who drive like assholes on and off duty, just because they can. I'm not anti-cop, I would just like to drive to work one time without seeing a cop with a radar gun.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2008, 07:02 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Gotta love Florida. I wonder how many cops will enforce the tag one...

Has everyone seen this crazy shit...

Effective October 1, 2008, HB 137 revises the traffic laws to create a few more penalties. This short bill was particularly focused on unsafe motorcycle activities, but it does include a provision for excessive speed. The new law also provides penalties for the first, second, third or subsequent violations. The Distribution Chart found on the FACC website will be updated to reflect the amounts for the first and second offenses in the Traffic section. The third and subsequent offense is classified as a third degree felony with a $5,000 fine and will appear in the Criminal Traffic section of the chart.

New Violations: 316.2085(2) Motorcycle or moped, wheels losing contact with ground This is classified as a moving violation. First Offense: the violator must pay $1,000 plus any other costs assessed for a moving violation. Second Offense: the violator must pay a fine of $2,500, plus any other applicable costs assessed for a moving violation. The person's driver license must be revoked for a period of one year. Third Offense: the violator will be charged with a third degree felony, punishable as provided in ss. 775.082, 775.083, and 775.084, a mandatory fine of $5,000, and the driver license must be revoked for a period of ten years. (new entries for Distribution Chart-see below)

316.2085(3) Motorcycle or moped license tag improperly affixed This is classified as a moving violation. First Offense: the violator must pay $1,000 plus any other costs assessed for a moving violation. Second Offense: the violator must pay a fine of $2,500, plus any other applicable costs assessed for a moving violation. The person's driver license must be revoked for a period of one year. Third Offense: the violator will be charged with a third degree felony, punishable as provided in ss. 775.082, 775.083, and 775.084, a mandatory fine of $5,000, and the driver license must be revoked for a period of ten years. (new entries for Distribution Chart-see below)
316.1926 (2) A person who exceeds the speed limit in excess of 50 mph or more in violation of ss. 316.183(2) (posted speeds), 316.187(state speed zones), or 316.189 (municipal and county speeds) This is classified as a moving violation. First Offense: the violator must pay a fine of $1,000 plus court costs. Second Offense: the violator must pay a fine of $2,500 plus court costs and the driver license must be revoked for a period of one year. Third Offense: the violator will be charged with a third degree felony, punishable as provided in ss. 775.082, 775.083, and 775.084, a mandatory fine of $5,000, and the driver license must be revoked for a period of ten years.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode Warrior
Let's start with the speed traps. I don't think we really need to ticket someone who is driving along with the flow of traffic who happens to be "technically" speeding. I think there must be a better use of an officer's time. People really don't have the extra money for tickets and increased insurance rates. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't so hypocritical. I know cops who drive like assholes on and off duty, just because they can. I'm not anti-cop, I would just like to drive to work one time without seeing a cop with a radar gun.
Those radar detectors have been a boom to the GOLD chests of Parachute retirement!!!! No matter how many speeding tickets they give out each year more people die on roads each year continually.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:05 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
interestingly this was posted in our local newspaper 5 days ago

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/brea...ry/694741.html

Posted on Sat, Sep. 20, 2008
Florida traffic fatalities down, report says

BY JOSE PAGLIERY AND CYNTHIA SANTOS
A recent report by the state's Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles shows that the number of traffic fatalities in 2007 was lower than the previous year.The 4 percent decrease made 2007 the second consecutive year in which the number of traffic deaths in Florida diminished.
However, the data also reveals that the number of alcohol-related fatalities increased by 13 percent, from 1,099 to 1,244.
Because of the drop in total fatalities, alcohol-related deaths in 2007 made up a larger portion -- 38.6 percent -- of the final total.
The published report also showed small decreases in the number of injuries received during traffic accidents.

2008 Miami Herald Media Company. All Rights Reserved.
http://www.miamiherald.com http://mcclatchy.112.2O7.net/b/ss/nm...reaking%20News
Old 09-25-2008, 05:16 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004 Hardcore II, 100 revtech
Not Ranked     
I can't believe that bill passed.....wtf

"The Blade itself, incites to violence." - Homer