Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > The Chopper Lounge

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
BBC Odometer Cycling
Last Post: golfish
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 2
Views: 353
return throttle cable
Last Post: Neverlost
Posted On: 09-20-2019
Replies: 3
Views: 148
99’ brake caliper on a 2000 fork?
Last Post: Shovel52
Replies: 4
Views: 197
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: donald branscom
Replies: 32
Views: 6,276
Project Blast!
Last Post: Spade115
Replies: 8
Views: 530
More...
Old 06-15-2007, 11:04 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2002 XL1200 MUTANT
Not Ranked     
Angry My Rant

I often think how great it would be to live and build bikes in the USA. From seeing all the help and support on this and other sites, it looks a good place to be a biker in general. You guys are there for the screw-ups and the moral support when shit happens in personal matters.

I have been around bikes all my life, built streetfighters before getting into V-Twins. Since starting my first full chopper build, I have hooked up with great Guys like John at Scooters, Steve at Hammer and Dave (Tigman) and all you Guys who have answered my Threads on here....

Ok, where does the rant come in............
USPS sucks big time, they have set my build back over 3 months. How hard is it to process a package and get it to its destination. I have a simple address, but still they cant get things out to me in the time frame given.

Dave posted out my tank last week, and it's still sitting in a sorting office somewhere in the US. Priority post my ass, this really pisses me off. I was waiting 2 months for the last large item (forks and wheels to arrive). If the tank goes this way, its going to be a bikeless summer.. .

Ok, I'm done now.

P.S. Did I mention USPS int mail SUCKS.

Web Site www.buriedcitycustoms.com
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to Bosco Warden Send a message via Yahoo to Bosco Warden
Not Ranked     
Sorry to hear about that, most of our Govt services suck here. it would have made it sooner if you went the by way of weather balloon. The odds are even better of it making to the right destination.

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” ~ John Adams
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I share your frustration. I had all my parts shipped to Cape Town, South Africa. However, if you want it fast then use a courier service. UPS is fast, but VERY expensive. I've been using Bax Global with great results. John at Scooters put me onto them. They ship fast and their prices are reasonable, especially on the heavy items such as the motor and stuff.

As for living in the US, that must be fucking cool as shit. Having access too all the toys at dirt cheap prices compared to what we're paying. Fuck, even a $100k El Diablo is not a bad price compared to what one over here would set you back after duty and taxes. Imagine paying $250k for a Hummer2!! Well, that's what they cost here.

Of course, there's a flip side. Living costs out here is really cheap, and so is property.

Keep the faith!
Old 06-15-2007, 12:33 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuckStick
Sorry to hear about that, most of our Govt services suck here. it would have made it sooner if you went the by way of weather balloon. The odds are even better of it making to the right destination.
That's just F*#ked up bro. I paid $250 for this shipping service. I could have almost flew over and picked it up for that much.

They seem to be ok with small packages, as I get small items from Scooters in 4 days no problems. Have the USPS guys problems with boxes bigger than a 20 box.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannowhog
I often think how great it would be to live and build bikes in the USA. From seeing all the help and support on this and other sites, it looks a good place to be a biker in general. You guys are there for the screw-ups and the moral support when shit happens in personal matters.

I have been around bikes all my life, built streetfighters before getting into V-Twins. Since starting my first full chopper build, I have hooked up with great Guys like John at Scooters, Steve at Hammer and Dave (Tigman) and all you Guys who have answered my Threads on here....

Ok, where does the rant come in............
USPS sucks big time, they have set my build back over 3 months. How hard is it to process a package and get it to its destination. I have a simple address, but still they cant get things out to me in the time frame given.

Dave posted out my tank last week, and it's still sitting in a sorting office somewhere in the US. Priority post my ass, this really pisses me off. I was waiting 2 months for the last large item (forks and wheels to arrive). If the tank goes this way, its going to be a bikeless summer.. .

Ok, I'm done now.

P.S. Did I mention USPS int mail SUCKS.
From everything Ive seen and heard Ireland is a great place to live with a high standard of living... hell you guys arguably have a higher standard of living than the US..

what gives?
Old 06-15-2007, 02:02 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Hey Hobgoblin,
Nice to hear from you. Standard of living is ok, probably wouldnt be able to build this bike if it wasnt.
But what sucks is the problem getting things shipped from the states to here. As I said above, small packages seem fine but when it gets to boxes that gas tank would fit in or a wheel,there seems to be major problem. week or more just sitting in post office before going to airport.

Maybe some one can come on here and give a possible reason for this.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Pretender
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Rigid 113, FXSTB
Not Ranked     
Should have had it shipped UPS, it would have been there long ago. Ofcourse, they would have destroyed it in the process, but you would have what's left of it by now and been busy tearing your hair out trying to get them to pay your claim.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:34 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Heard that about UPS. Bax Global seems good, but why does the size of the package seem to have such an effect on shipping times.

This is what im looking at for the last week :
Shipment Accepted; June 08, 2007, 3:42 pm, ROCKLAND, MA 02370
Acceptance, June 08, 2007, 3:39 pm, ROCKLAND, MA 02370
Electronic Shipping Info Received, June 08, 2007.

I shave my head so dont have the pleasure of pulling my hair out....

Oh well................................................Just have to wait

Old 06-15-2007, 06:39 PM
NIMDA
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 Outlaw 110
Send a message via Yahoo to Punisher
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannowhog
Heard that about UPS. Bax Global seems good, but why does the size of the package seem to have such an effect on shipping times.

This is what im looking at for the last week :
Shipment Accepted; June 08, 2007, 3:42 pm, ROCKLAND, MA 02370
Acceptance, June 08, 2007, 3:39 pm, ROCKLAND, MA 02370
Electronic Shipping Info Received, June 08, 2007.

I shave my head so dont have the pleasure of pulling my hair out....

Oh well................................................Just have to wait
The USPS doesnt scan all the packages at every stop like UPS does...
I personally hate USPS for packages. I prefer UPS. and FedExis just as fucked as postal.

My UPS guy turns onto my block damn near every day at noon.

A while back I shipped a bass guitar to a place in GA via UPS. The place in GA shipped me one via fedex (befor ethe take over and creation of fedex ground) The guy had my package in 3 days.... and I was still lookin at the fedex tracking saying it was still in GA 3 days later... WTF????
I called them and bitched up a storm.... yealled at them for lke an hour about not having thier shit together yadda yadda... Then just as I hung up the phone came a knock at the door. I opened it to find nothing... walked to then end of the house, and I see a pair of legs climbing in the truck and off they went... I turned around and there was my bass leaning up against the house... No signature, to wait to see if anyone was home nadda.....

I will never use anyone but UPS. They scan each and every package at every stop. You can damn near watch it move from one place to another and then to your door...

And dont get me started with fedex ground.... now that is fucked up operation right there,....

PUNISHER
Old 06-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Bannow,

USPS isnt very good, but I dont think your package is sitting in Rockland, MA. The USPS tracking system only tracks a few things

1) When the tag was made
2) When the item was dropped off at USPS
3) When the item leaves the USA (usually)
4) When the item arrives in your country
5) When the item is delivered

On top of that, their tracking computer is updated at 5pm on weekdays, and sometimes the status is not updated for 2-3 days after the event took place. So maybe it left the USA on June 11th, but it won't say it until the 16th or something.

The size of the package is not a problem - more likely the customs forms were not 100% correct. If you don't fill out the right form, it slows it down. if you don't enter the right weight or right value, it slows it down. If you put the wrong commodity code, it will slow it down too.

Also, USPS recently changed their services. There is international priority and express and guaranteed express. Flat rate is usually 5-10 business days. Express is 3-5 business days. Then it will take an additional 3-10 days in customs on your end.

UPS is much quicker because they have their own customs clearance people in the destination country. But you pay a BIG premium for that service. DHL is a fair bit cheaper and they are quick too. Bax is good, but they are not big in the USA so usually the stuff gets shipped to a major city (takes 2-5 days) then it goes on its way to you, so it can be slower.

USPS is the best solution provided the paperwork is filled out right, and the right service is chosen. Airmail is NOT A GOOD IDEA! Priority mail is MUCH faster.

Bannow, if you ever need something sent to you, feel free to PM me. I have a lot of customers all over the world and I ship a bunch of stuff international every single day. If you ever can't get anything or you are getting some BS about shipping, you can have it send to my ship in the USA and I will forward it on to you, so long as you pay shipping. I send a lot of stuff to the UK (and I grew up in Edinburgh) and my experience is that it takes about 7 business days from shipment date until it arrives at your door.