Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > The Chopper Lounge

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
First build - beginner questions
Last Post: golfish
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 26
Views: 408
WTB: chopper fucker battery box
Last Post: John Spartan
Posted On: 10-14-2019
Replies: 7
Views: 3,702
My Evo 5 & speed in FLH 4 speed frame
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: 10-13-2019
Replies: 20
Views: 610
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: donald branscom
Posted On: 10-12-2019
Replies: 41
Views: 7,534
Project Blast!
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: 10-10-2019
Replies: 14
Views: 1,201
More...
Old 03-12-2017, 07:29 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Chopped '97 Sporty
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode Warrior View Post
Or could it be that you're just a bore? I know you're boring the shit out of me.
Y' know Rhodie I can kind of see your point. Like here you thought that Trump was gonna give you this $1500 tax cut. And then turns out you're probably gonna pay that much just in new road tolls.

Truth is it gets kind of boring for me being right all of the time. Its just so damned predictable at this point. So I guess it's really gotta suck to be you.

Club Chopper
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2017, 07:41 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
Y' know Rhodie I can kind of see your point. Like here you thought that Trump was gonna give you this $1500 tax cut. And then turns out you're probably gonna pay that much just in new road tolls.

Truth is it gets kind of boring for me being right all of the time. Its just so damned predictable at this point. So I guess it's really gotta suck to be you.
No I don't think you do see the point.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:57 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
All lines out in full troll mode and nobody cares. Sucks to be you.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:47 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
All lines out in full troll mode and nobody cares. Sucks to be you.
No I'm a vet so I'll have health care regardless. But millions of Trump voters won't.
Sucks to be them. No wonder Trump doesn't want to put his name on Trumpcare.

23,000 Coal Miners Will Lose Their Health Insurance Under Trump

Club Chopper

Last edited by Devils Advocate; 03-14-2017 at 12:03 AM..
Old 03-14-2017, 07:24 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 88" ACM Rigid Bobber
Not Ranked     
Quote:
...I'll have health care regardless...
Does your auto insurance policy cover maintenance on your car?
Old 03-14-2017, 11:21 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
Does your auto insurance policy cover maintenance on your car?
No but my homeowner's insurance does.

Funny you should mention maintenance insurance though. Apparently the GOP is pushing a law that will allow your employer to access your DNA under the guise of some "wellness program". That way, I guess, they can enslave your clone so they don't have to pay you. This must be another of those "GOP are for small government until they want to tell you what you can do with your own body" (like smoking pot) things.

Quote:
https://www.statnews.com/2017/03/10/...netic-testing/
SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN MAGAZINE 3/10/17
House Republicans would let employers demand workers’ genetic test results

A little-noticed bill moving through Congress would allow companies to require employees to undergo genetic testing or risk paying a penalty of thousands of dollars, and would let employers see that genetic and other health information.

Giving employers such power is now prohibited by legislation including the 2008 genetic privacy and nondiscrimination law known as GINA. The new bill gets around that landmark law by stating explicitly that GINA and other protections do not apply when genetic tests are part of a “workplace wellness” program.

The bill, HR 1313, was approved by a House committee on Wednesday, with all 22 Republicans supporting it and all 17 Democrats opposed. It has been overshadowed by the debate over the House GOP proposal to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, but the genetic testing bill is expected to be folded into a second ACA-related measure containing a grab-bag of provisions that do not affect federal spending, as the main bill does.

If an employer has a wellness program but does not sponsor health insurance, rather than increasing insurance premiums, the employer could dock the paychecks of workers who don’t participate.

The privacy concerns also arise from how workplace wellness programs work. Employers, especially large ones, generally hire outside companies to run them. These companies are largely unregulated, and they are allowed to see genetic test results with employee names.

They sometimes sell the health information they collect from employees. As a result, employees get unexpected pitches for everything from weight-loss programs to running shoes, thanks to countless strangers poring over their health and genetic information.

See https://www.statnews.com/2017/03/10/...netic-testing/ for more details.
BTW According to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) a 64 year old making $26,500 pays $1700 for health care coverage under the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). Under Trumpcare the same person will pay $14,600. And 24 Million fewer Americans will be covered. This is what conservatives call "freedom".

Club Chopper

Last edited by Devils Advocate; 03-15-2017 at 12:03 AM..
Old 03-15-2017, 04:11 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
No but my homeowner's insurance does...
Your homeowners policy covers oil changes on your car?
Old 03-15-2017, 06:29 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Don't waste your time, this guy rides the short bus
Old 03-16-2017, 04:41 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
No. My homeowners insurance covers some maintenance on my home. For example I got a dishwasher replaced when it went out a while back.
Was there a point to your question?

Quote:
Don't waste your time, this guy rides the short bus
Stephen Colbert And A Team Of Expert Builders Get Started On Trump's Wall

Club Chopper

Last edited by Devils Advocate; 03-16-2017 at 02:03 PM..
Old 03-17-2017, 07:21 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
...My homeowners insurance covers some maintenance on my home. For example I got a dishwasher replaced when it went out a while back.
Was there a point to your question?
Sounds you had the option to purchase an insurance policy that covers items and events that you would like it to cover.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:56 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Sounds you had the option to purchase an insurance policy that covers items and events that you would like it to cover.
Let me see if I understand what you're getting at.

You mean as compared, for example, to young people in their 20's who don't want to be forced to buy health insurance under the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) because they don't think they need it. Then they go skateboarding or dive off a cliff or ride a motorcycle and get injured. Then they stick everyone else with their medical bills.

Or they get their insurance very cheaply because they're young and healthy. And they don't use it. And they resent having to buy it because they know that some of the money they pay in is going to older sicker people. And they'd rather not buy insurance until they're older and sicker themselves. Except they aren't considering that if they did that they wouldn't have insurance at all when they get older and sicker because the insurance company would have to charge them many times more than they can afford because only old and sick people are in the pool. So they'd die at a much younger age than they would under the ACA.

Is that the sort of thing that you're getting at? Because from a short range perspective I can understand the point. I mean if somebody wants to be irresponsible and pay the consequences down the road you might think they should have that right. At least until they catch some communicable disease and spread it to others because they failed to get basic coverage. Its the thing about people have a right to swing their arms any way they want until they hit somebody else in the nose, right? Except that if somebody is sick they don't have to swing their arms to intrude on others. All they have to do is breath and spread their germs. They, and you, might not even know they're sick if they aren't showing symptoms yet.

But here is what you're missing.

Club Chopper
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2017, 04:32 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
If you're such a political genius and fountain of knowledge, why just limit yourself to a chopper forum? Do you really hope to effect change with an audience of about 6 guys that come into the chopper lounge, 5 of which probably couldn't give a fuck less?

Start a blog, run for office, protest, give seminars, get out on your soap box. In fact, you're so fucked up and weird you would make the perfect politician. Go out and get yourself elected.

If you're so passionate about the bullshit you're flinging here, go spread the word................or you could just sit there in you're underwear in your mother's basement and cut and paste the fuck out of Club Chopper. I think you'll stick with the latter.

But whatever you do, just stay the fuck out of here.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:00 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
...You mean as compared, for example, to young people in their 20's who don't want to be forced to buy health insurance under the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) because they don't think they need it. Then they go skateboarding or dive off a cliff or ride a motorcycle and get injured. Then they stick everyone else with their medical bills...
Nope, they pay the bill, end of story.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:01 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
If you're such a political genius and fountain of knowledge, why just limit yourself to a chopper forum? Do you really hope to effect change with an audience of about 6 guys that come into the chopper lounge, 5 of which probably couldn't give a fuck less?

Start a blog, run for office, protest, give seminars, get out on your soap box. In fact, you're so fucked up and weird you would make the perfect politician. Go out and get yourself elected.

If you're so passionate about the bullshit you're flinging here, go spread the word................or you could just sit there in you're underwear in your mother's basement and cut and paste the fuck out of Club Chopper. I think you'll stick with the latter.

Hahaha +1
Old 03-19-2017, 12:37 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:

I'm just here out of a sense of nostalgia. As it happens I do hold an elected position now. Nothing major yet. But elected just the same. And I should probably thank you guys for letting me practice my political rhetoric on you. Its been a Great learning experience over the years.

Club Chopper

Last edited by Devils Advocate; 03-19-2017 at 12:41 AM..