Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > The Chopper Lounge

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: donald branscom
Posted On: 08-19-2019
Replies: 25
Views: 5,556
Tank Building Tutorial.
Last Post: Markee
Posted On: 08-18-2019
Replies: 99
Views: 22,938
Starting a New Build but its not a CFL
Last Post: 666 Spot
Posted On: 08-18-2019
Replies: 16
Views: 1,585
Oil Lines
Last Post: Maustarman
Posted On: 08-14-2019
Replies: 9
Views: 1,868
Bars upside down
Last Post: Poop
Posted On: 08-12-2019
Replies: 3
Views: 202
More...
Old 02-08-2017, 11:52 AM
Slow=Smooth, Smooth=Fast
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 03 BMC w/ S&S 124; 75 Honda chop
Not Ranked     
yeah, baby. wooo, she fine.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2017, 01:36 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
I would add that the build quality on this one is several orders of magnitude higher than the first one you had...lookin' good RW!
Yeah on top of the extra chrome, the paint is far superior. I just spent 2 hours color sanding/buffing/polishing/hand glazing the oil tank. The gas tank I didn't have to touch. It came out like glass. Not one speck of orange peel. I also went with a 2 part ceramic heat paint on the jugs and upgraded and detailed wherever possible like o ring chain, tapered neck bearings, Progressive shocks, soldered wiring connections, and modern tires.

I also polished the lower fork tubes, shifter, and rear brake pedal.

I know this bike inside and out now from tolerance fitting and balancing the crank to shimming the transmission, mainshaft, and countershaft. Rebuilt the swingarm, lapped the valves, honed the cylinders, new rings, new decals, brakes, lights, on and on.

I found some NOS gauges and was also lucky to find a NOS seat. Should be a pretty sweet old Ironhead when I'm done. Lots of extra chrome. Cases, heads, battery box, and lots of small pieces. Black and chrome looks nice.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:37 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop View Post
yeah, baby. wooo, she fine.
Thanks, lots of time went into it. Maybe too much for and old Sportster but I like it.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:41 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Chopped '97 Sporty
Not Ranked     
Let's face it. This site is dead without me.

Club Chopper
Old 04-22-2017, 04:51 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I try to explain why I built a 127" powered, jocky shift, rigid, 30 degree rake, narrow glide front end and a 300mm rear tire. Wierd? YES. Anybody think it's cool? I didn't care about that when I built it! The fat tire "fad" had gone away, but I dug it, so I built it. Not many guys that look at it have any idea what they are looking at. That's what a chopper is right?
Old 04-24-2017, 04:44 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIC2016 View Post
I try to explain why I built a 127" powered, jocky shift, rigid, 30 degree rake, narrow glide front end and a 300mm rear tire. Wierd? YES. Anybody think it's cool? I didn't care about that when I built it! The fat tire "fad" had gone away, but I dug it, so I built it. Not many guys that look at it have any idea what they are looking at. That's what a chopper is right?
Exactly. That's the point of it
Old 04-24-2017, 07:51 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2005 custom built chop 113" s&s
Not Ranked     
Man....reading this thread depressed me a bit. This site taught me how to build my first chopper while in college back in 2005. 12 years later I now have an independent shop and got over 60k on that first chopper I built. I always appreciated this site for the wisdom and prompt answers.....and ya I'm talking about you Gypsy. It's sad the sites been as desolate as it has....but I will say it's all the good dudes that are left in the industry. The money grubbing is gone and took the garbage out with it. But the motorcycle industry isn't an easy one to be in these days compared to where things were at 10 years ago, however you gotta be into this stuff cause you love it.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:13 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramfootball36 View Post
Man....reading this thread depressed me a bit. This site taught me how to build my first chopper while in college back in 2005. 12 years later I now have an independent shop and got over 60k on that first chopper I built. I always appreciated this site for the wisdom and prompt answers.....and ya I'm talking about you Gypsy. It's sad the sites been as desolate as it has....but I will say it's all the good dudes that are left in the industry. The money grubbing is gone and took the garbage out with it. But the motorcycle industry isn't an easy one to be in these days compared to where things were at 10 years ago, however you gotta be into this stuff cause you love it.
I was never in it for the money and I'm still not. Still build, still ride, and now I'm racing hill climbs. Been riding since I was a teenager.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:30 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode Warrior View Post
I was never in it for the money and I'm still not. Still build, still ride, and now I'm racing hill climbs. Been riding since I was a teenager.
When it's in your blood there's no getting it out. I was on a Shriners mini bike at 4 years old and been hooked ever since. I was in the jap market all my life until building my first chopper in 05. Even back then it was stunning what crotch rockets were selling for. I was able to sling bikes on the side while going to college full time and justify spending 7 grand on an engine. Lol. It's almost inconceivable to me now. So even if I wasn't in it for the money, the money sure made it easier to survive. Hill climbing is a rowdy world....that's somethin I've never tried but always wanted to.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:42 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
When it's in your blood there's no getting it out. I was on a Shriners mini bike at 4 years old and been hooked ever since. I was in the jap market all my life until building my first chopper in 05. Even back then it was stunning what crotch rockets were selling for. I was able to sling bikes on the side while going to college full time and justify spending 7 grand on an engine. Lol. It's almost inconceivable to me now. So even if I wasn't in it for the money, the money sure made it easier to survive. Hill climbing is a rowdy world....that's somethin I've never tried but always wanted to.
It's a lot of fun and once you're set up, it's really not an expensive hobby unless you're a maniac and keep wrecking or blowing up engines. Most guys are pretty consistent though. Seems like it's a dying thing on the east coast anyways. The guy that runs the biggest local hill climb tells me it's steadily declining. Less riders and spectators every year.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2017, 11:40 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode Warrior View Post
It's a lot of fun and once you're set up, it's really not an expensive hobby unless you're a maniac and keep wrecking or blowing up engines. Most guys are pretty consistent though. Seems like it's a dying thing on the east coast anyways. The guy that runs the biggest local hill climb tells me it's steadily declining. Less riders and spectators every year.
Well living in Dallas theres hardly a hill big enough to push start a bike on, let alone need an extended swingarm to climb. lol. But every year I go up there to Sturgis and they run the hill climbs and I always swear I'm gonna make it....but usually a hangover keeps me from making it there. Hearing its a dying sport I'm actually gonna make it a point to get to it this year. And you def gotta be somewhat of a maniac just to tear up some of those hills. What kind of motor do you run? Inline 4 600?
Old 04-25-2017, 11:46 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Well living in Dallas theres hardly a hill big enough to push start a bike on, let alone need an extended swingarm to climb. lol. But every year I go up there to Sturgis and they run the hill climbs and I always swear I'm gonna make it....but usually a hangover keeps me from making it there. Hearing its a dying sport I'm actually gonna make it a point to get to it this year. And you def gotta be somewhat of a maniac just to tear up some of those hills. What kind of motor do you run? Inline 4 600?
No a beefed up CR500. Ported, custom head, pulse injection reed/carb setup, Gnarly pipe, Rekluse auto clutch, 6-8" extension and a cut rear tire.
It's a quick bike.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:09 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2010-14; MYSELF; 96",113",120",127"
Not Ranked     
Yep , the site is in coma....
Currently Active Users: 490 (2 members and 488 guests)

113"s&s, Walz softail 2000/2012 prostreet
96"s&s, Daytec dyna/ softail hybrid, 1998/2010 chopper
127"Ultima, Chassis Design rigid 2013 bobber
120"Ultima, Kraft Tech rigid 2014 bobber
Old 04-26-2017, 10:33 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Here is the new hill climber

Old 04-26-2017, 07:03 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thats rowdy! A dang clean cr500. I been working on an AF conversion of an 03 cr250. Only problem is I'm scared of what I'm gonna do on the street with a 500 smoker engine. Thats a and set up tho.