Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > The Chopper Lounge

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Starting a New Build but its not a CFL
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: Today
Replies: 10
Views: 933
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: Poop
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 12
Views: 1,343
5 speed quadseal and enclosed primary
Last Post: Am4wag
Posted On: 07-14-2019
Replies: 2
Views: 66
Mounting WCC belt guard on Brute V
Last Post: modekko
Posted On: 07-13-2019
Replies: 1
Views: 52
bmc
Last Post: pushrod243
Posted On: 07-13-2019
Replies: 2
Views: 105
More...
Old 12-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 01 night trainl . 03 geezer glide
Not Ranked     
XXX Fukushima XXX

are people aware whats still going on over there . The secrecy laws passed by Japan to withhold information from the world on whats actually happing in Japan ( cover up ) . No way to stop the 400,000 tons of radioactive water flowing into the pacific ocean DAILY ( over 2 yrs now ) . The 3 melted fuel cores that have escaped there containment structures and can not be stopped . The Plotium and Cesium being released into the jet stream ( for over 2 yrs ) . Just suprised there was no thread on this subject .
Any thoughts ?

ENENews.com – Energy News
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2013, 01:46 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004 CFL
Not Ranked     
Yes - boycott California / West Coast produce
Whole Foods seems to carry all Cali produce even though
They are in Texas. HEB has Texas and Mexico produce.

Last edited by chopperfugger; 12-18-2013 at 01:50 AM..
Old 12-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: chopped hardtail 100"Evil Evo
Not Ranked     
yeah love hebs. Radio active particles break down in 100,000 years so be patient lol. Chernoble is still as hot as the day it blew up also. The only answer they had was to cover it with cement and condemn the land for miles around it. There's cities over there that are totally vacant. The ppl over there are being given false hope that they'll be able to move back in there some day, FORGET IT. It could be worse, if those rods ever fused together nobody really knows what the hell would happen. some scientst say it would be so hot that it woud melt a hole right to the core of the earth.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
US Navy Sailors Sue TEPCO Over Cluster-Fukushima Snafu

"Why has this not made national headlines??? The Aircraft Carrier Ronald Reagan is nuclear powered. Radiation detection equipment did not pick up on this?? Why have these sailors and marines medical records been removed from permanent tracking. Criminal implications galore. This should be all over mainstream media. Someone please forward all these ene reports to the media…. Tepco is the lowest of snakes. Hari Kari for the lot of em!!" – Comment on enenews, August 15, 2013, by "timemachine2020"
Old 12-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Japan

now only state approved information ........................... what are they hiding ?
Old 12-18-2013, 11:48 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: chopped hardtail 100"Evil Evo
Not Ranked     
outta site, outta mind
Old 12-19-2013, 04:39 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Sushi anyone ?

Inside Japan's battle to prove fish is safe after Fukushima nuclear disaster - CBS News
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2013, 06:11 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Chopper 96" El Bruto
Not Ranked     
AIKEN, S.C
Radioactive pollution is getting worse on parts of South Carolina’s nuclear-waste dump near Barnwell, but state regulators say cleaning up the contaminated groundwater isn’t in their plan.
Tritium continues to exceed federal safe drinking-water standards in and around the 41-year-old burial ground that has come to symbolize South Carolina’s historic willingness to accept the nation’s garbage. In some spots tritium levels are higher today than they were five years ago

The Energy Department began cleaning up an environmental nightmare at the old Savannah River Site nuclear weapons plant here in 1996 and promised a bright future: Within a quarter-century, officials said, they would turn liquid radioactive bomb waste into a solid that could not spill or dissolve.

But 17 years later, the department has slowed the work to a pace that makes completion of the cleanup by the projected date of 2023 highly unlikely. Energy officials now say the work will not be done until well into the 2040s, when the aging underground tanks that hold the bomb waste in the South Carolina lowlands will be 90 years old.

November 13, 2013
A reactor at one of the nation’s largest nuclear power plants (South Carolina) has been taken offline due to a radioactive leak within a containment building.
"Out of an abundance of caution,” service was temporarily removed from Unit 1 at the Oconee Nuclear Station in western South Carolina early Monday, according to ONS spokeswoman B.J. Gatten.
A robot was used to confirm the leak over the weekend after it was first suspected Friday night inside Unit 1’s containment facility, Gatten said.
Less than one tenth of a gallon of radioactive material is leaking per minute, though it is not yet known how long the leak has existed. (That is 6 gallons per hour).

I live in Georgia, along the Savannah River and our area is known for it's extremely high level of cancer. It seems that our household hears every month of another person with cancer....myself included.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:11 AM
Plasterhead
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: '98 FXSTB
Not Ranked     
Don't yall know it's cigarette's and second hand smoke that's causing all the cancer, sheesh, pay attention.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:05 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
more information is leaking out , hold on tight to your iodine pill bottles !

Roger Witherspoon: A Lasting Legacy of the Fukushima Rescue Mission: The Navy Life -- Into the Abyss

"JACK GROB: Okay, guys, I apologize for bothering you, but things are degenerating quickly. This reminds me of the drill. [...]

what's really troubling is that we, we have had that wind shift -- the Chairman's here, by the way -- we've had that wind shift and the wind is out of the northeast blowing towards the southwest. That's inland and towards Tokyo. And there's an aircraft carrier in the port just south of Tokyo. It's about 180 miles from the site, about 10 miles southwest of Tokyo, and they're measuring on the order of 10 to 20 millirem over a 12-hour period total effective dose and roughly five to 10 times that, thyroid. [...]

JACK GROB: The, the answer is the dose rates don't seem to be consistent either with what would be released or with the timing that it would take for a plume to get 180 miles away from the site to the southwest.

MIKE WEBER: Yeah, well, that's what I struck me when you told us what's going on.

JACK GROB: Yet, but the, the feedback through Trapp from the admiral is that they used multi* instruments and confirmed this in multiple ways [BLACKED OUT]

MIKE WEBER: Wow.

JACK GROB: They do operate nuclear-powered aircraft carriers, so they must have a level of competence that's fairly decent. [...]"
Old 12-31-2013, 08:55 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
happy new year !

Fukushima meltdown? Mystery steam rising over Reactor 3 - News in Brief - The Ecologist

Unexplained plumes of radioactive steam have been rising from Fukushima's Reactor Building 3, Could a major meltdown be on the way?

Fukushima's Reactor Building 3 exploded on 13th March 2011 as a result of a hydrogen buildup, breaching the building's containment and emitting a huge plume of radiation. The reactor itself is in meltdown.

And now fresh plumes of steam have been seen coming out the structure. These have now been confirmed by Tepco, the owner of the nuclear plant, from 19th December onwards. The company believes the steam is coming from the fifth floor of the building.

However it does not know the cause of the steam. Lethal levels of radiation and the physical damage to the structure have so far made entry and inspection impossible.

Possibility 1 - a meltdown is taking place

The Reactor 3 fuel storage pond still houses an estimated 89 tonnes of the plutonium-based MOX nuclear fuel employed by the reactor, composed of 514 fuel rods.

Ever since the explosion Tepco has been concerned that if the spent fuel storage pond dries out, the intensely radioactive spent fuel rods would melt down and produce further significant radioactive emissions.

One possibility is that this process may now be taking place. In the event of water loss from the pond, the water would begin to overheat and produce clouds of steam, prior to a complete meltdown. If this is the case then a second major nuclear disaster at Fukushima is in the making.

Possibility 2: 'corium' has reached groundwater

Reactor 3 itself contained 566 fuel rods, and has experienced a complete meltdown. The location of the molten fuel, known as 'corium', is unknown, but it may have burnt its way through the reactor base and entered the underlying soil.

This would also produce steam as the hot corium came into contact with groundwater, while also releasing radioactive contamination to make its way into the Pacific Ocean.

Possibility 3: rainwater on stray fuel elements

An alternative explanation is that the steam plumes could be caused by stray fuel pellets and reactor rod fragments - which themselves produce significant amounts of heat - coming into contact with rainwater percolating through the damaged and roofless structure. Of the three choices this is probably the least serious.

The Turner Radio Network is advising people on the West Coast of North America to "prepare for the worst" in case a meltdown of the waste fuel is in fact commencing. No official warnings have been released on either side of the Pacific.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:09 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
if this "is" the worst case scenario , you will need to keep an eye on the jet stream . this will deliver the nuclear fall out within 3 days to the US west coast . god help us if it is .
Old 01-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
that cloud is getting here in a few days, more good news
Old 01-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
things are happening over there ( japan )

» US Government Orders 14 Million Doses of Potassium Iodide Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

The ongoing crisis at the Fukushima nuclear power plant has prompted concerns that the purchase is connected to the threat posed by radioactive debris washing up on the shores of the west coast or the potential for another natural disaster occurring in Japan which could impact the U.S.

“Governments usually respond to disasters very similarly; first move is to avoid panic,” writes The West Wire. “The Japanese didn’t want to panic the world, or tarnish their honor and now, as a consequence of their reluctance, Japanese citizens and international aid personal find themselves in a horrible state of being.”

“Panic is usually avoided by keeping their citizens as blind to the truth as possible, until confrontation with the truth becomes inevitable. The crucial question at this juncture; “would our government be reluctant about warning us of potential disaster, in an attempt to avoid panic?” 14 million doses of Potassium Iodide say that might just be the case.”
Old 01-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
they are running out of skilled labor / fresh bodies . anybody looking for work ? good pay .........................

Fukushima radiation cleanup: Send in the homeless? - CSMonitor.com