Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > The Chopper Lounge

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Not new but its been forever ago
Last Post: Spartacus
Posted On: Today
Replies: 3
Views: 564
Starter torque dpecs
Last Post: Spartacus
Posted On: Today
Replies: 0
Views: 21
Hunting an AIH Wiring Diagram
Last Post: Bostonjake01
Posted On: 02-15-2020
Replies: 44
Views: 15,548
NEW YORK FREEDOM RIDER NEWS- 2/14/20 - motorcycle related updates
Last Post: karen
Posted On: 02-14-2020
Views: 201
NEW YORK FREEDOM RIDER NEWS- 2/7/20 - motorcycle related updates
Last Post: karen
Posted On: 02-14-2020
Views: 64
More...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 01:11 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 01 night trainl . 03 geezer glide
Not Ranked     
Snoopy island! Volcanic eruption forms new land mass that resembles famous cartoon character - complete with collar | Mail Online

if the any or all of the melted reactor cores have reached the Magma

Magma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

it will be game over for the planet because there is no way to stop the damage , there are 3 more volcanos that became active in the past month in the ring of fire . These volcanos could be spewing radioactive material into the air / atmosphere / jet stream for years too come . I hope I'm wrong on this theory . Hug your loved ones and enjoy ever day as it is your last .

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: iOSAT Potassium Iodide Tablets, 130 mg (14 Tablets)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2014, 12:41 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: chopped hardtail 100"Evil Evo
Not Ranked     
your theories not wrong. The radio active rays are not a problem unless you're very close to the rods. The danger is in the very small dust particles which are radio active and can be blown around the world. You can easily inhale 1 of these particles and it will attach to your lung wall and eventually you will get lung cancer from it. You can also pick up one of these particles by eating a fish or animal that has eaten one of these particles because nothing breaks down these particles and they don't weaken for around 100,000 years.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:04 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings View Post
your theories not wrong. The radio active rays are not a problem unless you're very close to the rods. The danger is in the very small dust particles which are radio active and can be blown around the world. You can easily inhale 1 of these particles and it will attach to your lung wall and eventually you will get lung cancer from it. You can also pick up one of these particles by eating a fish or animal that has eaten one of these particles because nothing breaks down these particles and they don't weaken for around 100,000 years.

Wings , I hope your correct . are you doing anything to avoid contact ?
Old 01-03-2014, 01:34 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Shovel, Pan, Iron
Not Ranked     
It is more important for the left wing liberals to focus on gay marriage and legal pot!
Old 01-03-2014, 08:02 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
plus size Barbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB View Post
It is more important for the left wing liberals to focus on gay marriage and legal pot!
yeah and plus size Barbie dolls too. That's more important than dealing with this nightmare.

Radiation cloud, it's more like population control
Old 01-03-2014, 08:49 AM
Plasterhead
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: '98 FXSTB
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecar View Post
Wings , I hope your correct . are you doing anything to avoid contact ?
I don't think there is anything you can do to avoid contact. Your'e talking about microscopic dust particles that float around in the atmosphere for years and years and years. And guess what, if the particles are in the air, you know they're in the water too. ..yep, second hand smoke, that's how we get cancer.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:38 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogeyman View Post
I don't think there is anything you can do to avoid contact. Your'e talking about microscopic dust particles that float around in the atmosphere for years and years and years. And guess what, if the particles are in the air, you know they're in the water too. ..yep, second hand smoke, that's how we get cancer.

I hear ya , our children and there children are in for a rough time ......................I hope Osama care will cover all the cancer treatments that will be needed .
Old 01-05-2014, 12:08 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to Bosco Warden Send a message via Yahoo to Bosco Warden
Not Ranked     

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” ~ John Adams
Old 01-09-2014, 08:52 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
things are starting to happen in the pacific

Conjoined 'Siamese' Gray Whale Twins Could Be First Ever (VIDEO, PICTURES)
Old 03-21-2014, 03:44 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
We just had the 3 year anniversary , they have no idea where the molton cores ( 3 ) are , they still haven't been able to stop the flow of radioactive water into the Pacific nor the air born particles landing on the west coast .......................any body planning going to the 2020 Olympics in Japan ?

ねじ込みされました。 :-(

Bit of Fukushima radiation found on NW river beach, sparks new mystery - The Big Science Blog

It came from Fukushima, but how the heck it got so far up the Fraser River Valley in British Columbia has scientists mystified.

A bit of cesium-134 — a telltale kind of radiation particle expected from Japan’s 2011 Fukushima nuclear disaster — has been detected in a soil sample taken from the beach at Kilby Provincial Park, said Krzysztof Starosta, an associate professor of chemistry at Simon Fraser University.

The sample was collected by a marine biologist studying spawning salmon at that point in the river. Starosta said the university has collected five other samples from the area looking for more of the radiation, but so far nothing.

“The sample provided was measured and we saw cesium-134, at a very low level and not a concern to public health,” he said. “We have not seen any other cesium-134, but we’ve only tested five samples so far. … We are sure that we see it and can reproduce the measurement, but it is based on a single soil sample.”

He said the big mystery, since they have just that one sample taken from a beach so far upriver, is how it got there. It could have been airborne, landed on a hill or mountain and been washed down to the river.

“It’s inland, so it could not come in from the ocean, since the water flows the other way,” he said.

When asked if a bird could have pooped it out there, he audibly shrugged. The mystery “indicates the need for further study,” he said.

Related story: True: Radiation from Fukushima nuclear disaster here soon; false: It will kill you

The first of its kind

After Fukushima was wrecked in the earthquake and tsunami, other forms of radiation presumed to come from the reactor were detected in the Northwest. Some iodine-131, which degrades rapidly in just a matter of days, and the much more prevalent cesium-137, which is already present in our environment from above-ground nuclear weapons tests, were detected. Also, a few albacore tuna caught off our coast in 2012 were contaminated with very small, hard-to-detect amounts of cesium-134.

Starosta said cesium-137 detected in the environment above the level found before Fukushima can still be detected. ”If we take a soil sample from pre-Fukushima and compare it with after Fukushima, we can see more 137,” he said.

However, an increase in that long-lasting particle has not been found in Washington, said Mike Priddy, supervisor of Washington’s Environmental Sciences Section.

Likewise, Priddy said his crew with the Department of Health has not encountered any cesium-134 in soil.

“I don’t know of anybody finding it in soil and it does make a person a little bit curious,” Priddy said. “I haven’t heard of anybody else finding it like that, and I have no idea how it could get there … there’s a lot of things that could happen to get it up there.”

Priddy added that he and (likely) other scientists would like to see the data and conclusions in a published paper to see for themselves how the cesium was detected and so on.

More radiation on the way

Ocean currents are driving those nuclear particles as well as other tsunami debris from Japan to our coastline (see the video below), and more radiation is likely to be dumped into the ocean as Japan tries to get control of and shut down the nuclear reaction at Fukushima.

As The Guardian reported on Monday, in addition to a string of leaks at the troubled reactor,

A senior adviser to the operator of the wrecked Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant has told the firm that it may have no choice but to eventually dump hundreds of thousands of tonnes of contaminated water into the Pacific Ocean. …

Currently about 400 tonnes of groundwater is streaming into the reactor basements from the hills behind the plant each day. The plant has accumulated about 300,000 tonnes of contaminated water, which is being stored in 1,200 tanks occupying a large swath of the Fukushima Daiichi site.

Eventually Tepco hopes to have enough space to store 800,000 tonnes, but fears are rising that it will run out of space sometime next year because it can’t keep up with the flow of toxic water.

And, while the amount of radiation likely to make it to the Northwest isn’t enough to threaten human health, there is concern that the accumulation, especially of the long-lasting cesium-137, will eventually be harmful to sea life and us.

“So far the levels are safe,” Juan Jose Alava, an adjunct professor in the school of resource and environmental management at Simon Fraser University, told the Vancouver Sun on Tuesday. “We shouldn’t be worried now, but we need to keep monitoring in the long term to see whether these levels are building up in the food web.”

The Sun added that certain models “suggest that in 30 years, Cesium 137 levels in (killer) whales will exceed the Canadian guideline of 1,000 becquerels per kilogram for consumption of seafood by humans — 10 times the Japanese guideline.”

Scientists focus on whales because, like us, they are at the top of the food chain and eat a lot of fish. So, radiation levels in them is something like a “canary in a coal mine” for radiation pollution. That said, a killer whale eats a heck of a lot more fish than a person could ever eat in a lifetime.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:15 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
This weekend in Austin, TX.

Fukushima Solutions World Conference, March 22-23

The Fukushima Solutions World Conference will take place on March 22-23 at the University of Texas at Austin. The goal is to come up with a solution to counter the unprecedented Fukushima disaster.

The first day will feature experts in nuclear issues discussing remediation solutions for the Fukushima disaster. The focus on the second day will be health issues and providing solutions for personal health.

Speakers include an array of experts in the fields of radiation and health who will be presented on site and via Webcast, including (click name for full info):

Helen Caldicott
Joe Mangano
Mike Adams
Dale E. Klein
Lieutenant Steve Simmons
Ben Fuchs

And many others.

To learn more and/or to register for the Webcast, please visit FukushimaSolutions.com.

Neenah Payne writes for The Fukushima Radiation Protection site at: Fukushima Shield, designed to provide an understanding of the risks posed to Americans by the ongoing radiation crisis that began on March 11, 2011 at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant in Japan.

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” ~ John Adams
Old 03-24-2014, 09:54 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
This guy is a retired Nuke scientist, pretty dry but its good information.

Also talks about Nuke sites in the US that are having trouble.

He is also not an alarmist.

CSI: Fukushima | Fairewinds Energy Education

Old 03-25-2014, 07:31 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2001, Big Dog, Mastiff
Not Ranked     
Can't believe how many people get sucked into this. Radiation is the biggest urban legend around, like flying saucers , crop circles and the Loch Ness Monster. Don't get sucked into the BS. I don't know of anyone who has died of radiation poisoning and I know a lot of people. I wouldn't own a Jap bike but it has nothing to do with radiation.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:02 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastiffGuy View Post
Can't believe how many people get sucked into this. Radiation is the biggest urban legend around, like flying saucers , crop circles and the Loch Ness Monster. Don't get sucked into the BS. I don't know of anyone who has died of radiation poisoning and I know a lot of people. I wouldn't own a Jap bike but it has nothing to do with radiation.
And no one is going to die from radiation poison from this either, its in Japan you moron.

Now people getting cancer as a result of this exposure, the numbers are going to be astronomical.

But I see you are in WA, which is good, hopefully you will find out sooner rather then later.

You fucking morons with this "Radiation is good for you"

FYMP

Old 03-31-2014, 04:28 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2001, Big Dog, Mastiff
Not Ranked     
Fuckstick radiation is used in curing cancer. You're living in the center of more radiation than has ever been released anywhere else in the world. Japan is like a trip to the tanning beds compared to Reno, NV!