Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper Builder's Log

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Ultima 140
Last Post: Neverlost
Posted On: Today
Replies: 24
Views: 2,471
CfL top motor mount
Last Post: robertarner
Posted On: 03-07-2024
Replies: 1
Views: 802
Post up WCC Engraved Air Cleaner Pics
Last Post: Choppa
Posted On: 03-01-2024
Replies: 66
Views: 20,375
Drive Belt question for Iron Horse Judge
Last Post: veronawhite
Posted On: 02-28-2024
Replies: 1
Views: 496
More...
Old 04-29-2016, 08:29 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
S&S 124" vs S&S Hot setup

Hello every one, this is my first post here! I am hoping to be starting my new build soon! I am having trouble deciding on a motor. I am thinking either an S&S evo 124", an S&S T124", a harley with an S&S hot setup 124" kit, or the S&S T124V(which i haven't seen for sale anywhere). The only reason to get the evo, is to easily fit in a frame, so im thinking either the T124 or hot setup. Is there any reason to get the hot setup for less? And it will be easier to get a whole drive train with the motor. or will the harley stock tranny and primary take the 124" power? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2016, 06:15 PM
Club Chopper Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom
Send a message via Yahoo to pushrod243
Not Ranked     
What are you building? How are you planning to use it? Do you ride hard or moderate? All these are factors in your decision.

The complete engines are going to be stronger if you ride hard. The T124V has been discontinued.

The 124 hot set up is only going to be a strong as the cases you use. Do you have a donor engine? Or do you plan to use all new parts?

The stock HD tranny and primary question brings us right back to the donor bike question.

We are not too far apart in central florida I would love to work with you. PM me or give me a call 407-330-2056 - Scooters

John
Suite 104
Sorrento, FL 32776
www.scootersperformance.com
(four0seven)330-2056

Old 05-02-2016, 06:29 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Usually no more than 1 1/2 hour rides, but i still want something that is fun,(i'm coming from a crotch rocket). what can i use from a donor bike? i can get a complete rolling chassis for 1800 on ebay, exactly what i want. and will the stock fuel injection be any good. i saw a complete motor(103), tranny, primary and throttle body. I will get a 66mm tb from S&S, but i need to send them one
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2016, 05:45 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2015 One Off. 6up 3out, 200MM, 124 ci
Not Ranked     
I got my 124 from John. Along with my Baker 6 speed, Primo Belt drive, and piles of other stuff. You will not find a better guy or prices anywhere.

Oh yea, I recommend the full engine. I believe mine was 31-9886 (V124, Polished and Chrome)

Tags
new build motor