Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Buell/XL Forum

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Looking for speedometer like this one
Last Post: pushrod243
Posted On: Today
Replies: 5
Views: 84
revtech 5sp woes
Last Post: STEINBVG
Replies: 3
Views: 302
ultima 18-530 kit for sale/trade
Last Post: jworm
Replies: 0
Views: 27
New build. CFL Style 6up
Last Post: Qwickk
Replies: 45
Views: 2,565
"Not the Normal" builds, from WCC
Last Post: ->Bullet<-
Replies: 18,054
Views: 3,716,196
More...
Old 01-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 Buell Blast
Send a message via Yahoo to Spade115
Not Ranked     
Buell Blast Motor Upgrades.

As some of you all know I have a blast and have been reading about the 515 bolt on kit and the 600 big bore kit. I also just found out theres a "44 Magnum Big Bore kit"

Thought I would post some info for anyone else with a blast looking for information. Pretty good read.
NRHS and Revolution Performance sell their own 515 and 600 kit, but no word on this 44 magnum kit.

I will Add to this when ever I get more information about upgrade kits for the blast.
This is from NRHSPerformance.com
BUELL BLAST Engine Kits
Don't let your mild mannered Buell Blast fool you. Arm-jerking torque and acceleration lies just under the surface with the addition of an NRHS engine kit. If you want to turn your Blast into an EXCITING motorcycle to ride, you've come to the right place! Our engine kits turn this docile little motorcycle into a screamer. It's amazing how much fun a Blast can be with twice the factory horsepower or more.

515 Bolt On
TRANSFORM YOUR DOCILE BUELL BLAST INTO A SCREAMER WITH A 515cc BOLT-ON BIG BORE KIT FROM NRHS! From $349.95
The Buell Blast is a terrific little bike, but nobody has ever accused it of being a powerhouse. Until now anyway! Properly installed and tuned, the NRHS bolt-on big bore kit transforms the Blast into a FAST little bike, and it does it without the expense or hassle of boring the cases! A Blast running an NRHS 515 kit even set a record at Bonneville, running in the 650cc class! These kits now feature a premium quality iron lined aluminum cylinder, NRHS forged piston with tool steel wrist pin, Total Seal rings, and Cometic EST gaskets. We believe these to be the best parts available for your Blast. Take your Blast to the next level with a bolt-on big-bore kit from NRHS!

600 CC Big Bore Kit
WANT EVEN MORE? A 600CC BIG BORE KIT FROM NRHS IS NOW AVAILABLE! From $575.00

Whether you want to go dirt track racing or Bonneville racing or just embarrass guys on much bigger bikes, the NRHS 600cc big bore kit is for you! This is the biggest bore size you can safely fit into the stock Buell Blast cases. Each kit includes a premium quality Axtell aluminum cylinder, NRHS Hurricane forged piston with tool steel wrist pin, Total Seal rings, and Cometic EST gaskets. We believe these to be the best parts available for your Blast. Take your Blast to the next level with a big-bore kit from NRHS! Available as a top end kit or a complete package. Note: this kit requires boring of the cases for installation.

44 Magnum (Direct form Badweathebikers.com
Can You Handle a 44 Magnum?

Brian Nallin is hot and heavy into developing a new high performance big bore kit for the Blast P3. The kit will provide a whopping 720 cc displacement, an increase of 228 cc's over the stock 492 cc thumper. Be advised however, that with the 44 Magnum high performance big bore kit fitted, a mild mannered Buell Blast engine will no longer be a thumper. Rather, the P3 powerplant will be transformed into an earth pounding, fire breathing, pile driver!

Brian Nallin (formerly) of Nallin Racing (now at Revolution Performance) has dubbed the new mongo big bore the "44 Magnum" after the fact that it displaces 44 cubic inches.

Bore and stroke are squarely balanced at 3-13/16" each. As such, the 44 Magnum will be capable of reliably revving to 7,500 rpm while laying down well over 70 hp worth of thrust to any surface willing to accept it.

But what about power band you ask? It will be corn fed, grade "A" BEEFY. It has to be; Nallin Racing will be taking the engine to the track, fielding a 44 Magnum powered dirt tracker in the Pace Open Class series. You can bet the engine will be reliable as well as a VERY strong performer.

Folks, this is comparable in power to the stock pre-Thunderstorm twins and well over twice the crank rated 34 BHP of the stock thumper! How much does a P3 weigh again? Dry weight you say is 360 pounds? Are you grinning yet? Salivating maybe?

Imagine the look on an unsuspecting X1 pilot's face as you leave him looking at your tailight blasting "> away from a stop. The kit is sure to be economical too! Just think of the wear you'll save on your front tire.

The engine is still in the midst of rigorous testing/development, but come mid-July Nallin Racing plans to have kits available for public consumption. And yes, for those wondering, the big bore stroker kit will require a new crank; thus splitting the cases will be necessary. Nallin Racing will be more than happy to perform that service for you if it is more than you are comfortable tackling yourself.

I'm reeeeeeealllllll tempted to start saving my nickels and dimes, and tens and twenties "> for a road racer track bike fitted with a 44 Magnum engine. TOO COOL!!!

Not ready for a 44 Magnum? Nallin racing currently has a 515 cc high performance kit for the Blast that bolts right on, simple as you please, and you're pushing 50 RWHP. They also offer a 590 cc kit, but that requires boring of the cases to accomodate the 3-13/16" bore.

Check out http://www.nallinracing.com for contact information and other offerings from Brian Nallin and the folks at Revolution Performance.

Stay tuned for updates and photographs...

Blake

PS: No price yet. How much is it worth?

NEW
A little more blast information avtually gives you a bit more tech just seems like a lot to do for the 600cc kit.
http://www.buellforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2533
Grease
Quote:
Originally Posted by apehangeralfy View Post
When I roll by cows in the winter, they get jealous:
LBS

Last edited by Spade115; 02-02-2011 at 07:54 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2011, 03:00 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I found this but this seems a bit fishy
http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...-the-Buck-cool

Blastrider22
Quote:
you want power to come out of that little 492cc and you do not alot of money?? Then take off the 100 tooth rear and get your self the 95 tooth and you will fly past those 600gsx-r my 05 blast over $500 in belts

Now I have over 12,000 in parts and i have 347hp and 525tq.if you want power call me and i will tell you how,where,and who.(Removed Phone Number) and ask for matt
Grease
Quote:
LBS
Old 02-01-2011, 04:52 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 93 Sporty-1250 NRHS, 10.5 CR, N4
Not Ranked     
:::Waving the BS flag::: 347hp.... No F'in way...lol

Your best bet is to roll with the 600 kit. With the stage 2 heads and a matched cam you will be able to get in the 70hp range. Thats double what it has now. Similar power to wieght ratio as a 140hp but 800 pound softail.

Any larger in cylinder size, you will have to bore the case. Larger than 600cc's and it wont fit into the case opening. Thats a ton of bank right there, prob over a grand alone. And IMO the cost of the machine work wouldnt be worth the power increase on a bike that will not go up in value with it.

Plus, I dont trust the brake balance of that bike. I rode mine pretty hard with only minor mods and had the front lock up and wash out on me three different times. Just be careful.

Gibbs Custom Leather
Troy
469-667-6966
Allen, Texas
Old 02-01-2011, 06:29 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I was thinking of just doing the 515 because of a few reasons...

1. its cheaper
2. 50hp would be better then the 28-32 (32 what its suppose to be pushing)
3. I can make a strut cheaper and gain the 2 or 3 hp loss from the suspension.

The 515 is suppose to be directly bolt on (no case boreing)
The 600 is suppose to have some case boring

I was also looking into a N4 cam and swapping for a mikuni carb and a modded pipe.
With this set up on the 515 it picked up 50hp and got a land speed record so I figure on the 600 it will be a little more pep less stress. (I learned a lot from you all here )
Grease
Quote:
LBS
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2011, 08:55 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Whoops, yeah your right. 600 kits require boring of the case.

Gibbs Custom Leather
Troy
469-667-6966
Allen, Texas
Old 02-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I read on Badweatherbikers.com that you can get 49hp and 35 torq from a 492cc blast with carb and exhaust modifications but no more information on it. Also should get 45-50 hp from a 515 and around 60-70 from the 600cc kit only that coast a whole lot more.
Grease
Quote:
LBS
Old 02-04-2011, 07:08 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Im not sure of the exact numbers but yeah, you can make a pretty good gain with what you mentioned above. I did everything to mine except the internal engine stuff. I bet it would feel great with the 515, cam, and head work. And thats not too much coin. Badweathers got some pretty knowledgeable folks over there.

Gibbs Custom Leather
Troy
469-667-6966
Allen, Texas
Old 02-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Yup been hitting that for a while. I am still wondering about the air cleaner. I really need to change it out to something lighter. The air cleaner I have right now wont fit

Do you have any suggestions?
Grease
Quote:
LBS
Old 02-07-2011, 12:27 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
w00t!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BUELL...-/120681076228

Most guys go with a K&N drop in, but then you still have that huge air box. In order to get rid of my air box I just took measurements of the carb throat and how tall I wanted it and ordered one from autozone's K&N cataloge (dont remember the part number) but it looked alot like the one in that ebay add. Then I built my own throat to mount to the carb for the filter to slide onto. Again, if you remove the air box you need a make shift support bracket to hole the carb still.

Gibbs Custom Leather
Troy
469-667-6966
Allen, Texas

Last edited by Gibbs Custom Leather; 02-07-2011 at 12:32 PM..
Old 02-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I really need to do that. I have the stock air box with the K&N filter. I need to measure the hole to get a air cleaner as well im guessing its around 3inch's

Update: (Didnt want to put another post)
The stock airbox slices through the oil line. I have oil all over the back of my motor Gotta clean it up today so will be out looking for an air cleaner.
Grease
Quote:
LBS

Last edited by Spade115; 02-08-2011 at 08:53 AM..