Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper Builder's Log > Buell/XL Builds

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: donald branscom
Posted On: 08-19-2019
Replies: 25
Views: 5,553
Tank Building Tutorial.
Last Post: Markee
Posted On: 08-18-2019
Replies: 99
Views: 22,935
Starting a New Build but its not a CFL
Last Post: 666 Spot
Posted On: 08-18-2019
Replies: 16
Views: 1,583
Oil Lines
Last Post: Maustarman
Posted On: 08-14-2019
Replies: 9
Views: 1,868
Bars upside down
Last Post: Poop
Posted On: 08-12-2019
Replies: 3
Views: 202
More...
Old 09-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 57G11_05FLSTN_99X1L_81cb900c_76it400c
Not Ranked     
A Horse with No Name is born

Finally - I ordered my frame. It's from http://www.prostreetchoppers.biz/ - It's due around 01 ROCKtober. He's building it for me now. Just so y'all can flick me shit if I don't make my deadline, I plan to have it done by Spring Break. For the record. If ya wanna see what the frame looks like, click the "Rolling Chassis" tab, and the bike with the red tank on the left has the Buell Conversion frame. When I have my frame, I will post pics here. So, this pic is around 23.July.2k2 a couple weeks after I bought this bike. Not many pics since then, I was busy riding. Now the build begins.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 99x1 lightning.jpg (33.0 KB, 2240 views)
Old 09-07-2005, 07:58 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
The Delivery Room

And here is the Birthplace of my convert-able Buell; my shop, my home, my beloved Garaj Mahal.

Bow before the altar of thine toolbox!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg garaj mahal.jpg (20.8 KB, 2265 views)
Old 09-07-2005, 08:42 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
So far, the plan is
Twisted Z Bars, Wide glide trees (no rake), stock Buell legs, Coffin Tank, Solo Seat, stock PM Rear Wheel (w/200 RTire), a 2nd stock PM Rear Wheel for use on the front (w/190 FTire), taped exhaust.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:22 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
OK, scored my 2nd PM rear wheel - next on my list, my wideglide trees. Still waitin on John @ http://prostreetchopperz.com/ for the frame I ordered around September 7th. So I can't start too much yet. Been working on my Matchless. Might be sellin my Porsche, and/or the 'burban - there's a plane I'm trying to get paid off. I'll post more pics when I have something to take pics of - don't want to waste space on pics of my new front wheel. Don't know how I'm gonna make Daytona in the spring if I can't hurry up and get started. Anyone have a cheap stand, or ideas? I 'spose I could buy a motorcycle lift, but I'd rather spend the $ on my putt.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:59 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: rigid shovelhead
Not Ranked     
Christ ALLMIGHTY.......... If I dicked customers around like these frame companies do I'd be living under an overpass off I-85.

I can see a week or two delay but 2 months............ I don't care how good a frame mnfctr. they are 3 months for a frame is way out of line.

I hope that when it shows up you are happy with the finished product.

I've learned that I like doing business with people I can drive to so when I do have a problem I can show up a the front door the next day after the phone call. Or closer.

Just my thoughts.

PACO
Old 11-30-2005, 10:09 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 62 XLCH
Send a message via ICQ to Stick
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by PACO
I've learned that I like doing business with people I can drive to so when I do have a problem I can show up a the front door the next day after the phone call. Or closer.

PACO
That all depends on the tone of the person on the other end of the phone.

http://www.FreedSpiritsMC.com

Judge me all you want, just keep the verdict to yourself.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thanx a lot for your input Paco, it's appreciated. This builder's in Medford I think, about 300 miles from me. I'm going to call him today. Yeah, I been watchin ebay - there's somethin' I could use @ http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT for $267 right now, or even more frames that are inline with what I want @ http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWA%3APIC for $999 READY TO SHIP - naturally, I'm gettin' itchy to begin my build. I think he's just getting started, so I'm giving benefit of the doubt and too hoping I am reeeely happy with the finished product. I'm gettin tired of holding my (finished) twisted Z bars on top of a sawhorse in front of a fan with my eyes closed.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:56 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
ShefBoird,

The first ebay 1 is for a ironhead - early sporty & won't work.

The second is very good looking but I've had a few assoc. buy stuff from Demons & had real POOR customer service.

I do like the second 1 though.

I'd light a fire up under the ass of the frame guy you got or get my $$ back & buy 1 already to go...........

PACO
Old 12-01-2005, 06:18 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thanks Paco, you might have just saved me some bux.
I spoke with John. He's been very friendly & helpful the whole time over the phone, (and reassuring today). He is just recently starting his new business so I'm sure he's been very busy. He just told me there were 8 other frames to do, in line before mine. The biggest thing is that I am not out any dollars right now. I haven't paid yet. He said he can get it shipped out as soon I get him paid (He said from the start I didn't have to pay until it was done). I held off ordering for quite a while 'til I had CASH IN HAND, so I've been sittin' on my bucks for a while now. But I still have 'em. So, like Stick's viewpoint of "depends on the tone of the person on the other end of the phone" - john's been very nice and so I think I'll gamble that ProstreetChoppers' skill set leans closer to the fabrication end of the business than the operations end of it currently. I suppose I'd rather have him be better at making a quality frame, than at operating a business-if I had to choose. So I wanna give him the chance to produce a superior product that has been worth the long wait. We all gotta start somewhere right? Now, if I were the frame fabricator - and making the frames were my bread and butter - I would maintain my focus upon gettin' the frames done first, and doing the bike shows later when the frames were caught up. But that's just me, what do I know? I do know "we" are now on our 4th different timeline;

* Ordered on / about 7 September: "will be done around the 1st of the month".
* Around 3 or 4 October: "after Reno E.R. show- around 1 Nov"
* gave him the measurements of my stock 99 X1 front end and my coffin tank somewhere around the first week of November-(I'll scan/post those measurements here on CC)
* a few days ago: "around the first of the week"
* this evening: "by next Friday"
I'll call again as soon as I get the bill, and request a firm completion date before clicking "Pay"
Old 12-01-2005, 06:54 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
ShefBoiRD,

You do what you heart says but I'm going with this:

* Ordered on / about 7 September: "will be done around the 1st of the month".
* Around 3 or 4 October: "after Reno E.R. show- around 1 Nov"
* gave him the measurements of my stock 99 X1 front end and my coffin tank somewhere around the first week of November-(I'll scan/post those measurements here on CC)
* a few days ago: "around the first of the week"
* this evening: "by next Friday"

My cash would have already been spent at another source!!

I hope, that in the future posts, we do not have to read that dispite all the waiting........... it's still not done.

Best of luck to ya.

PACO
Old 12-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking Frame Update

Ok, got a call from John of ProStreetChoppers today - we played a little phone tag, then I was able to speak with his wife Wendy when I called back. She is equally friendly and pleasant to speak with. Very helpful. I asked if I have a frame ready? Wendy said Yes - I confirmed that "as soon as I click pay, you'll ship tomorrow?"
Again, "Yes, as soon as the payment clears." So, I Paypal'd while we were on the phone. She got the mail and now I should only have to wait shipping time for my frame. Wendy said that they may need to pick up a bike in the bay area soon - which would be great in that I could then save some of the $115 shipping. Either way is fine, I'm very looking forward to get workin', I was starting to get "blue wrenches". WooHoo! Looks like I get a new frame for Christmas!! I'll post pics of it as soon as I have it.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking Sorry 'bout the delay

OK, sorry about the delay - Got my frame on 22 December, FFFukkin A! WooHoo! OK, 4 months is a long time, but it rocks. Yes, I took a bunch of pics - had technical difficulties capturing frames from my video, bla, bla. I WILL take more pics with my still camera tonight & post them tomorrow. Spent a chunk of my Xmas vacation in a cloud of smoke in front of my scoot drinkin, and visualizin (The design phase . I'll elaborate on the noteworthy details when I post pics, tomorrow. if I get the shots onto the PC tonight.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking Work Space

Finally, pictures. Clearly, I still have sum lernin to do on photography. Here's the general work area. Left to right my 57 Matchless, my 99X1 lightning donor WheelieDavidson, a rice parts donor (Where I scored my bars & tank), and my embryo's on the pallet.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:22 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
How bout those pix...............

PACO
Old 01-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
fuk i had to size 'em down

here they come
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c1001 - work space.jpg (16.4 KB, 1664 views)