Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper Builder's Log > Buell/XL Builds

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Kickstand Replacement or extension
Last Post: eisej
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 2
Views: 118
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: Poop
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 10
Views: 1,181
2007 Big Bear Screamin Demon Parts List
Last Post: golfish
Posted On: 06-21-2019
Replies: 9
Views: 317
What model of bike is this?
Last Post: Bucketmouth
Replies: 0
Views: 79
Please help with model and mods
Last Post: Bucketmouth
Replies: 0
Views: 59
More...
Old 06-19-2016, 08:08 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: rigid shovelhead
Not Ranked     
Good to see that you've made progress ... can't wait to c pix

PACO
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2016, 05:22 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1999 Buell X1 Lightning & '57 Matchless
Not Ranked     
Talking Dusted off the shelf, back at it.

Images of last (2nd) mockup shown w/stock triple trees & front wheel. (& Sprotor & highway controls mounted). Need rewelding of rear brake tabs. Now my fabricated trees are done (to accommodate 2nd rear wheel in front), my twisted Z bars have been completely re-fabricated in 1 to get the "bar-agra" girth I'd posted about before. The front end customizing is where all the time delay has been. Heading toward fabrication of assembly to use 2 rear wheel rotors as front brake, as well as how/where to best 'hide' all the spaghetti from Fuel Injection & PowerCommander... Kinda glad I've decided to go with having a front brake- I must be getting old - Moving forward now at least, at last. Hope to have a roller next weekend, with new pics to follow of course.
Attached Thumbnails
A Horse with No Name is born-20141224b_175736.jpg   A Horse with No Name is born-image009.jpg   A Horse with No Name is born-image010.jpg   A Horse with No Name is born-image011.jpg  
Old 06-24-2016, 10:27 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Back on The Rack-Back on Track

1. New tire on (stock)old front wheel- will be used temporarily. (Still have fabwork for front brakes on new front(rear) wheel).
2. Don't have mounts yet for replacement (properly radiused) rear fender.
3. Leaning on my coffin tank, refabricated twisted Zs in 1", next my donors in 7/8" (for pattern).
Still a little work to do, getting my hand grip angles "just right".
4. So back on the rack it is, 3rd mock up, now ready to be a roller.
5, Will use stock FI + PowerCommander.

I have correct oilbox, it needs mounting tabs, as with rear fender. My fabricated trees are done as well as "2nd rear as front wheel" (2RFW). For the 2RFW, am planning to use stock rear rotors on both sides for front brakes. Mike at Clinton's has located a guy who's done this a number of times, and so hoping we'll have minimal bugs to work out. Also need to relocate at least one petcock on coffin tank for clearance, and fabricating filler neck assembly for my stock Buell gas cap assembly.

More pics as we progress.
Attached Thumbnails
A Horse with No Name is born-20160624_01_nutirestkfrtwhl-165110.jpg   A Horse with No Name is born-20160624_02_replacement_radiusedfender_165201.jpg   A Horse with No Name is born-20160624_03_refabbd_twistedzs-1-_nxt2coffin_165510.jpg   A Horse with No Name is born-20160624_04-backonrack_165750.jpg   A Horse with No Name is born-20160624_06-backonrack06_165818.jpg  

Old 12-19-2016, 11:09 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
CC was down for a bit, now able to log back in, so, PICS

CC was down for a bit, now able to log back in, so, PICS of progress & current state - it's a roller!
Attached Thumbnails
A Horse with No Name is born-01_rfthree-_dscf5601.jpg   A Horse with No Name is born-02_lfthree-_dscf5597.jpg   A Horse with No Name is born-03_lside__dscf5598.jpg   A Horse with No Name is born-04_rfthree-_dscf5603.jpg   A Horse with No Name is born-05_lfthree-_dscf5610.jpg  

Old 12-19-2016, 11:12 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
two more - just about all angles

getting closer now, at last...
Attached Thumbnails
A Horse with No Name is born-06_rfthree-_close_dscf5615.jpg   A Horse with No Name is born-07_frtclose_dscf5609.jpg  
Old 12-19-2016, 11:12 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 Buell Blast
Send a message via Yahoo to Spade115
Not Ranked     
Bikes name is Bob, it looks like a Bob

Great looking bike man. lol
Grease
Quote:
Originally Posted by apehangeralfy View Post
When I roll by cows in the winter, they get jealous:
LBS
Old 12-19-2016, 11:20 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking This is my favorite pic of bike's current state, I suppose this would be 3rd Mockup

My custom superwide trees fabrication complete & installed, as well as my 1" twisted Z bars, refabricated using the donor 7/8" bars for template; front now accommodates my 2nd rear wheel as front wheel - this front wheel is my original rear wheel. I got the most out of that tire, you can see by it's minimal chicken strips. Going through rear wheel final drive alignment now. Then my oilbox, fuel injection, power commander, rear fender, et cetera.
Attached Thumbnails
A Horse with No Name is born-01_rf.jpg  
Old 01-12-2017, 10:39 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up B.O.B. IS ALREADY the name of my pillion pad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade115 View Post
Bikes name is Bob, it looks like a Bob

Great looking bike man. lol
ROFLMFAO - Thanks! Very Much! I was laughin' hard for a bit on that one! You are partially correct! Actually, B.O.B. IS ALREADY the name of my pillion pad.

A Horse with No Name was Born, evolving into "Alias" as vision began to be realized:
The deeply ingrained fantasy of a 4yo boy standing in the back seat of Momma's Falcon in the '60s hypnotized by a looong line of choppers passing us on the freeway in SanDiego. Some of them gave the "Hey kid; 'Thumbs up'" nods of understanding as they passed. The vision was born. I knew from that moment, "When I grow up, that WILL be ME." VERY few changes to vision through the years. I didn't name the bike, it determined naming itself sometime after my first mockup; when I realized the decades old 4yo boy's fantasy evolving into reality is really the other part of me. The absolutely perfect scoot (FOR ME), is more than a bike, it's as my "Alias".

Whenever I see a kid happily starin', I always deliver the "Hey kid; 'Thumbs up'" nod of understanding. And I consider hopefully that maybe 25 years after I croak, another cool custom bike will be created by that same staring kid. I'm just "payin' it forward".

Maiden voyage will be across Death Valley, so I then will be able to say "I been thru the desert on a horse with no name"; at completion of the desert run a couple of traditonal absynthe rituals will be performed, followed by the absynthe christening of "Alias". Real Absynthe, with 200mg thujone; not the cheap american "baby absynthe" sold here. The green fairies WILL be in flight -
Hoping/anticipating for this summer; the 50th birthday of the vision.

I've made very, very few concessions achieving the vision, & I have intentionally given cost and time involved very little consideration.

(Re: Bob: Just about every girl I've ever known has her own personal favorite of her toys, with a pet name , her "Battery Operated Boyfriend", often named "Bob". The inherent rumbling of my hardcore bikes through the years has always "done the trick" for the girls- "just fine". The custom design (my own) of the 'viberider' I'm installing into my pillion pad predates the existence of VibeRider Motorcycle Seat Accessory 917 533 5790 The Real Original, incorporating some unique "one-off" custom features, handlebar mounted thumb controls, etc. ) - this bike already has numerous BigO credits, from back when I was giving rides in its' stock state.

Last edited by ShefBoiRD; 01-12-2017 at 10:44 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2017, 09:42 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 62 XLCH
Send a message via ICQ to Stick
Not Ranked     
Great Post!!

I love hearing the back stories on some of these bikes. It's as much a part of the bike as the build.

I grew up in the 60's and saw many of the old school choppers as a kid. That's why I built mine into the 60's style chopper it became.

http://www.FreedSpiritsMC.com

Judge me all you want, just keep the verdict to yourself.