Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper Builder's Log > British Builds

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Ultima 140
Last Post: Neverlost
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 24
Views: 2,473
CfL top motor mount
Last Post: robertarner
Posted On: 03-07-2024
Replies: 1
Views: 803
Post up WCC Engraved Air Cleaner Pics
Last Post: Choppa
Posted On: 03-01-2024
Replies: 66
Views: 20,376
Drive Belt question for Iron Horse Judge
Last Post: veronawhite
Posted On: 02-28-2024
Replies: 1
Views: 497
More...
Old 02-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 03 yamaha 96cid
Not Ranked     
Wheelsmith cycle Independence Oregon (ANY GOOD)

so i want my A65 engine to run when it is all back together. im thinking about taking it to wheelsmith cycle for the engine build. does any one know this shop? they specialize in britt
http://www.wheelsmithcycle.com/service.htm
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1967 Triumph T120R
Not Ranked     
I was wondering the same exact thing. I have heard that this guy is really good, but is “semi-retired” and has moved the shop out of Independence proper to his house in the country, or something like that. I’ve heard he does great work but takes jobs on an appointment-only basis and can take a long time to finish. Sound like he might be a good bet if you’re not in a big hurry. Having said all this, I have no direct experience with him myself and can’t really vouch for this information—it’s just stuff I’ve heard second-hand. I would love to hear some firsthand accounts, as I was hoping to have him lace up my front wheel and depending on how things go, potentially rebuild my unit 650 from my ’67 Trump T120R. Anyone?
Old 02-24-2010, 05:50 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
so i droped off the engine today and in 1 hour he had already cracked open the case and inspected the crank and gave my my total cost for rebuild. quite a fair price i might add, but i had tons of new parts any way.
looking at his shop from the out side, it seems like a shade tree mechanic but when you get inside you know your in good hands. so far all is good and my engine should be done in about 1 and 1/2 months. give or take. he has to order a few parts less then 100.00 in parts and do some machine work then reassemble. im getting excited. now i can start building the whole boke. and im stlll with in my budget. woho..... as it turns out i know his 1 employee and he is a cool guy and good at what he does so im no longer woried.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:38 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TavernCustom View Post
so i droped off the engine today and in 1 hour he had already cracked open the case and inspected the crank and gave my my total cost for rebuild. quite a fair price i might add, but i had tons of new parts any way.
looking at his shop from the out side, it seems like a shade tree mechanic but when you get inside you know your in good hands. so far all is good and my engine should be done in about 1 and 1/2 months. give or take. he has to order a few parts less then 100.00 in parts and do some machine work then reassemble. im getting excited. now i can start building the whole boke. and im stlll with in my budget. woho..... as it turns out i know his 1 employee and he is a cool guy and good at what he does so im no longer woried.
Well that sounds like great news! Mind if I ask what he's charging for a rebuild (you could pm me if you'd like)? It would help me in determining if I could have him do mine or if I have to go it alone.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
the cost of a rebuild realy depends on what your working with my best advice would be to just give him a call. i already had all new parts all i realy needed was 1 berring 1 seal some bolts/nuts and some head work, and the crank pollished. all the rest was already done hes is just finnishing it for me.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
i dont recomend doing it alone first time i would have him at least setup your crank, rods and cam. you have to ream thoughs berrings and its more of pain then you think.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:10 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Corection bob at wheelshithcycle is working with me to get me engine running.

Last edited by TavernCustom; 08-17-2010 at 06:15 PM.. Reason: wrong
Old 05-31-2010, 04:12 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
found my missing parts

Last edited by TavernCustom; 08-17-2010 at 06:16 PM..
Old 06-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TavernCustom View Post
he lost or runed half my parts then charged me to replace them.
Oh crap, sorry to hear that dude! Especially since I've dropped off my front wheel and front end (along with $200.00 to get started) with Bob, based in part on your initial favorable review and good things I heard elsewhere. But, it has now been eight weeks since I left my parts and money with him and there is no sign of the work being finished. I just thought he was really slow, which I had heard from others so I wasn't too concerned, but your post definitely worries me. In addition, he now no longer seems to return my calls. Not sure what to do, this sucks. Hope things work out for you man.

Last edited by CrazyJive; 06-17-2010 at 05:45 PM..
Old 07-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1970 tr-6 hardtail custom
Not Ranked     
DO NOT GO TO WHEELSMITH FOR ANYTHING! I am new to the forum, I registered after reading this string. Just so I could comment on this P.O.S. The Owner of Wheelsmith cycle is A drunk and A thief.
I gave him over $2700 in cash and prizes to build me a rolling chassis with parts I supplied (all except the frame) and rebuild a really good '70 tr6 engine that just need the bottom end freshened up. He drank all the money away, kept any parts he thought he needed, or thought were cool, like twisted square stock sissy bar and kick stand. After over a year of trying to get a hold of him and listening to cheap excucses, and outright lies he finally gave me a rolling chassis that I have had to put over $500 into to make it right. Simple shit like moving the kick stand mounting block so it sits at the correct angle so the bike won't blow over in a light wind while parked. finishing incomplete welds and making it safe. He disassembled my engine kept any parts he felt like, handed it back to me in a bunch of card board boxes, and tried to tell me the parts must have blew out of the back of my truck on the ride home. Amazingly just about every nut and bolt to my engine must have blow out after 20 miles at 45 mph. If you go to Wheelsmith Cycle for anything be warned. FYI, I checked and he has been sued many times over by parts suppliers and customers, and has many unsatisfied judgements against him, so taking legal action is pointless
Old 08-08-2010, 12:46 AM
CC
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
it seems like a shade tree mechanic but when you get inside you know your in good hands
Old 08-08-2010, 01:03 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 07 113 cu in S&S in a Wrench frame
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica View Post
it seems like a shade tree mechanic but when you get inside you know your in good hands
CC members watch this cat Nautica he just joined to peddle his wares as he has posted the same links to crap he is sellimg so we need a mod on this clown.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Do not take your engine to this
Bob Culpertson...I dropped off my 65 Bonnie..there was a problem with the electronic ignition...he quoted me around $500 for that and a few other issues. The fucker tore my engine completely apart and then told me how i needed a whole rebuild. He laid out a bunch of parts ....who knows where they came from. I suspect out a box in the back of his shop. .....took $2700 from me....3 month later the engine was still apart and laying all over his shop. I managed to get $600 back from his. He ripped me off for 2k. On top of that he fucked up my case....its being machined as we speak..It appears he tried to take a bearing out with a screw driver. I wouldnt recommend this guy
Old 10-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
DO NOT GO TO WHEELSMITH FOR ANYTHING! I am new to the forum, I registered after reading this string. Just so I could comment on this P.O.S. The Owner of Wheelsmith cycle is A drunk and A thief.
I gave him over $2700 in cash and prizes to build me a rolling chassis with parts I supplied (all except the frame) and rebuild a really good '70 tr6 engine that just need the bottom end freshened up. He drank all the money away, kept any parts he thought he needed, or thought were cool, like twisted square stock sissy bar and kick stand. After over a year of trying to get a hold of him and listening to cheap excucses, and outright lies he finally gave me a rolling chassis that I have had to put over $500 into to make it right. Simple shit like moving the kick stand mounting block so it sits at the correct angle so the bike won't blow over in a light wind while parked. finishing incomplete welds and making it safe. He disassembled my engine kept any parts he felt like, handed it back to me in a bunch of card board boxes, and tried to tell me the parts must have blew out of the back of my truck on the ride home. Amazingly just about every nut and bolt to my engine must have blow out after 20 miles at 45 mph. If you go to Wheelsmith Cycle for anything be warned. FYI, I checked and he has been sued many times over by parts suppliers and customers, and has many unsatisfied judgements against him, so taking legal action is pointless
sounds like the same shit i put up with from this dude. He ripped me off for 2k...same story....tore my engine apart then didnt do anything. after 3 months i went and picked it up. Managed to get $600 out of the initial $2700. He boogered up the case while taking it apart. Looks like he ripped out a bearing with a screw driver...im having to do a lot of machine work to get it fixed. I have a guy in portland...doing the job right. FYI there was nothing wrong with my engine...he just tore it apart and put a bunch of junk on a table. Probably sold off my good parts who knows. Guys a crook
Sponsored Links

Tags
bsa triumph