Club Chopper Forums

Club Chopper Forums (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/)
-   British Builds (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/british-builds/)
-   -   My Triumph Build . . . (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/british-builds/47282-my-triumph-build.html)

xkarter 12-23-2006 08:01 PM

My Triumph Build . . .

4 Attachment(s)
As I sit here a couple of days before Christmas, Iím beginning to really get depressed. I started this build about a year ago this time saying Iím going to be ready come spring. As the months pasted and it got closer to warm weather, I realized Iíd never get done in time. So I made the decision that Iím going to take my time, concentrate on projects around the house, do this build right and set my goals on spring 2007. Well after months of still not completed home projects and renovations, acres upon acre of grass cutting this summer, long hours at work, Iím right back to where I started. Donít get me wrong, thereís been progress. I think the only thing thatís been a ďbolt-onĒ is the motor, but I sure I change that.
Well, maybe for Christmas Iíll get a life and a large stack of $20ís and get this thing done and on the ground.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL . . .

panfish 12-23-2006 08:20 PM

That is a very nice looking scoot. I wish my bezza was coming along that good. I like your goose neck frontend. Good luck, you don't look to far away financially. Also might try to get some help or encouragement over on the Jockey Journal forum. There seems to be alot of Brit builds over there. Panfish

54-FLE 12-23-2006 09:34 PM

Man that thing is going to be sweet. Don't fret over it but rather savor each time you get to work on it. I'm exactely in the same boat as you right now. I started my iron head build last Dec. and because of my work load and moving I haven't been able to work on it but once in a great while.:CRY: It's very frustrating at times but some day....I'll get her...**)

arloman 12-23-2006 09:45 PM

Mine took a year and a half. Since then, I've torn it down, repainted, rewired and rebuilt it again. Hey, I just like to work on it. I'll have it perfect one day.

It looks like it's gonna be a good looking bike.

Ace of Spades 12-24-2006 01:03 AM

Man, that's lookin really cool so far! Keep on it...

dnm 12-24-2006 07:28 AM

Keep the faith brother, Im in a similar position. Im trying to pay cash for everything, but theres a devil on my shoulder telling me to charge it all and get it done faster.Take your time, do it right and build it how YOU want it

Dustin

cheapbob 12-24-2006 09:06 AM

nice so far, great work!

beezachoppa 12-31-2006 07:29 AM

well.... all good things take time. that bike has a great stance. i see you are running a jack shaft. what size tire you running on the rear?

Mr Scary 12-31-2006 07:38 AM

Hey that looks great!!!!

I like that frame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fatty 12-31-2006 08:12 AM

hi what tank is on the bike by the way grate bike

xkarter 12-31-2006 08:43 AM

Thanks everyone. Beeza, the rear is a 160-16. Fatty, the tank is a sportster style with scallop indents. Still have some work to do on the tank, using a '36 spare tire ring for a rear fender, going to cut a length of the center rib and graft down the back of the tank and maybe a site tube. Well I got an extra day off from work tomorrow, my plans are to spend the day trying to make some progress. We'll see what happens . . . .

Happy New Year everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

derkydo@sbcglob 12-31-2006 12:50 PM

That bike is so sick!!!! Dont let working on your bike become a bad thing , stand back , deep breath , and think about the ride......