Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper Builder's Log > British Builds

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
First build - beginner questions
Last Post: lorax
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 6
Views: 82
WTB: chopper fucker battery box
Last Post: John Spartan
Posted On: 10-14-2019
Replies: 7
Views: 3,314
My Evo 5 & speed in FLH 4 speed frame
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: 10-13-2019
Replies: 20
Views: 509
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: donald branscom
Posted On: 10-12-2019
Replies: 41
Views: 6,797
Project Blast!
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: 10-10-2019
Replies: 14
Views: 968
More...
Old 03-18-2007, 05:59 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Killer Looking Bike!!!

One Helleva Job On Your First Build!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2007, 07:44 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thanks .... I am really trying to get it going by spring looks like I might be alittle late hopefully I can get it going no later than mid summer ... Work and all does'nt leave much time .... I did get the front fender, oil lines, tank petcocks done today ... I need to order the speedo and TT pipes yet. I have a 4" x 8" area to try and get a battery box in and try to make room for wires and coils. That is turning out a little tricky , well tricky to make it look right and do a nice job on it.

Lets see gaslines,wiring,coils,battery,typanium unit mount,igintion mount,speedo/speedocable,clutch cable,front brake lines,throttle cable hooked up,put in the boyer, back brake rod,put the chain on,license plate bracket,headlight dimmer,TT pipes mounted and braced,clean the carb,check timing,add gas and kick think that is all that is left to do LMFAO!!!!!!! oh might want to get my cycle endorsment on drivers license maybe .... never have had one but seeing you will hear this thing for miles away might be smart just maybe heheheh
Old 03-18-2007, 08:04 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Here is a pic to show what I started with ... this is not the bike I actually started with but pretty close.

and this is it to date

I thought there was something on the tank in this pic but it is actually the white clouds reflecting in the paint on the gas tank , you can see the clouds on the fender also heheheh

Last edited by Primate; 03-18-2007 at 08:06 PM..
Old 03-27-2007, 10:44 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Gettin damn close

All that is needed is :
Gaslines
Front brake line
Wiring
battery box
boyer ignition
license plate bracket
liquids
3 switches
and of course tiddy up cables and such
added exhaust fins and rear brake rod after these pics

I like how the carb choke mount worked out simple but looks like it was meant to be there

Old 03-29-2007, 07:27 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2007 custom, Delkron 120" 4-cam
Not Ranked     
That is one sweet ride!!! Did you do the frame mods yourself?

D
Old 03-29-2007, 07:37 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
The frame was made by someone else .... When it came it was a basic frame made for my motor and front end but nothing else was there kinda rough it was! ... So basically I did not make it I just made it better !!! LOL

Oil tank and way of mounting is a one off item.Rear fender is a harley front fender cut and flipped end for end.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate
The frame was made by someone else .... When it came it was a basic frame made for my motor and front end but nothing else was there kinda rough it was! ... So basically I did not make it I just made it better !!! LOL

Oil tank and way of mounting is a one off item.Rear fender is a harley front fender cut and flipped end for end.
I love adaptations like that. I have a triple my Dad bought new in 72', and we're restoring it together, so I love triumph stuff. I think your bike is one of the best looking rigids I've seen. You've done good work man.....I'll keep watching this thing progress. You'll have to let me know how your electronics work out, a typical Triumph problem.....

D
Old 03-30-2007, 02:01 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I am running a Accel Dual Super Coil , A typanium unit which takes out the capacitors and ziode diode,then running the boyer Electric Ign. which takes out the points and rectifer so this should only involve . ...the accel coil,typanium,boyer and a battery and ign switch ... ppl tell me that is the most sound electric system for trumps not to mention it is pretty simple and streamline.

I have a 64 bonnie frame and 63 bonnie motor for my next bike , Going for the look most are use to seeing on a trump bobber with that one ....seeing it will have a bolt on hardtail and such.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
I am running a Accel Dual Super Coil , A typanium unit which takes out the capacitors and ziode diode,then running the boyer Electric Ign. which takes out the points and rectifer so this should only involve . ...the accel coil,typanium,boyer and a battery and ign switch ... ppl tell me that is the most sound electric system for trumps not to mention it is pretty simple and streamline.

I have a 64 bonnie frame and 63 bonnie motor for my next bike , Going for the look most are use to seeing on a trump bobber with that one ....seeing it will have a bolt on hardtail and such.
Cool,
where did you get the typanium unit? Does this unit just run the coils for ignition?, or does it also incorporate electrics for the headlight, etc?

D
Old 04-13-2007, 02:29 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Look on www.raskcycle.com or www.britbike.com they both have them .... It takes out the ziode diode and capacitors so all you need is .....

Headlight dimmer switch
Front brake Switch
Rear brake switch\
Kill switch
Ignition switch
Coil
Battery
Boyer Electric Ignition

Instead of all the switchs
capacitors
ziode diode
points condensors
and all the old Lucas electrics.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:09 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Look on www.raskcycle.com or www.britbike.com they both have them .... It takes out the ziode diode and capacitors so all you need is .....

Headlight dimmer switch
Front brake Switch
Rear brake switch\
Kill switch
Ignition switch
Coil
Battery
Boyer Electric Ignition

Instead of all the switchs
capacitors
ziode diode
points condensors
and all the old Lucas electrics.
perfect, thats exactly what I was looking for. Thanks man...I'll look into it more this weekend.
D
Old 05-11-2007, 02:40 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
battery/electrics box is in needs polished next and on to wiring.

pic of the coil mount I took tonight

Last edited by Primate; 05-11-2007 at 07:49 PM..
Old 05-12-2007, 07:00 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I like it!!!! lookin' Sweeeeeet! Did you make the electrics box, or is it modded from some other application?

D
Old 05-12-2007, 07:46 AM
bzzrd2
Visit my Photo Gallery

Nice work primate. I noticed in the pic' you had straight cut pipes and then slashed. Are those slashed pipes "TT's"" that exit under the frame? Where di you get them. I got a set Cycle Shacks but they don't look that nice.

That tensioner is a scateboard wheel. I have seen that done before!
Old 05-12-2007, 08:12 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
yep those are cycleshack slash cut TT pipes ... Think it was Britcycle.com is where I got those .... I lucked out on them actually I called to order a regular set of TT and they guy went and checked ,said they had cycleshack slash cut some sets for them awhile back and that was the last set they had.

I dunno if that was just BS and they order them all the time , but I'd give 'em a call and see if they could get them if you want a set.They did'nt cost anymore than the regular ones though.

Nope my brother made the box for me at the metal shop he works at he is helping me get it done for Mid Ohio this year. Since I had the wreck and pretty much am a gimp for the next month or so. He has a snap on bike lift and all the tools you could ever want so we can get it done alot easier in there.I showed him my idea for the stuff and he made it out of SS dunno if I want to polish/leave alone/paint the box though.
Sponsored Links