Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper Builder's Log > British Builds

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
starter problem
Last Post: Shovel52
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 5
Views: 125
Ultima Fat Bastard
Last Post: Timfromflorida
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 11
Views: 4,206
Swing Arm bushings question
Last Post: Maustarman
Posted On: 11-14-2019
Replies: 3
Views: 119
First build - beginner questions
Last Post: Spade115
Posted On: 11-12-2019
Replies: 32
Views: 5,824
Project Blast!
Last Post: Spade115
Posted On: 11-12-2019
Replies: 18
Views: 9,443
More...
Old 01-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 36&48 Chief,'98CustomSofttail,'54Triumph
Not Ranked     
810cc Triumph project

We'll all this talk about the Triumphs I had to drag it out of the barn and get back to work on it!! Just have to make the forward controls, exhaust mounts the usuall odds & ends, pull the head off and polish, and sent out the dreaded box of parts to chromer. Wa-la scooter trash-- O-- and my favorite go through tranny and polish cases...........

Last edited by 36Indian; 07-16-2007 at 04:32 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2006, 10:44 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
810cc Triumph

heres some info: 810 cc 9 bolt jugs Routtes
'68 twin carb, Bonneville hd
'66 small flywheel crank, less weight for faster revs. ET alternator, no regulator or diode requiered
powder coated brake parts,engine mounts, oil tank, rear wheel,sissy bar,and those beautiful rockers, done by owner.
Yamaha xs650 rear wheel and disc.
sprung frame, built as proto type in 1970, by machine shop in L.A. when I lived in L.B.
front end unknown, HD spinger with '48 Ford radius rods sleaved.

Last edited by 36Indian; 07-16-2007 at 04:29 PM..
Old 01-15-2006, 05:21 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2005 300 tire custom & Turbo sporty proj
Not Ranked     
I don't dig the paint, but the overall stance of that scoot is spot on. That savior frame get a bit squerly @ speed?
Old 01-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
The savior set ups did have there problems, they did not have the srings and axel braced enough the prevent flexing, but they were the more popular manufactor and marketed through AEE and that did give the plungers a bad rap. This has collars for the springs, a center post, and the axel plates allow getting the axel pretty ridged so theres not the side flexing of the Saviors. There was a Triumph on ebay last in Ma. with the savior rear end, see a lot of them on the old triumphs. Actual the paint has prisim metal flake in it, and does look better than the picture gets and it dosen't really look that light, the photos are about 3 shades lighter, guess its such a wierd color the digital camera dosn't know what to do with it. But if ya just don't like purple theres no way round it, its purple I don't like the way it sits, to high in frt. & mufflers d-m near drag. May try a set of TT pipes and see if balences better and bring em out under the trany and turn em paralel to the frame and mount real short mufflers next to frame. Thanks, take care.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-009s.jpg (37.6 KB, 281 views)
Old 01-17-2006, 05:02 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 68 triumph 650 chop
Not Ranked     
36, how long ago did you put that Triumph mountain motor together. was it a 500cc at birth?
Old 01-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
the cases are 1954 per serial #. had to beef up the bearing boss area on primary side and changed to roller bearing crank mains intead of stock ball bearings, to handle the bigger thump from the 810cc pistons. The cases would have been for a 650cc orginally. As with any big piston setup machined out the top of the cases for the larger sleeves. Didn't even try to run the sprung hub at crank primary gear, I had trashed to many of those on other builds. Turned the crank to fit an ET alternator and used a later model primary cover. The heads are twin carb with extra large (for Triumph) Harley KR intake valves,ported and polished, I stayed with std. monoblock carbs to keep it rideable on the street. To really go fast could port it to 1 3/8" and run GP carbs, just don't stop to ideal. There was no donner engine, just swap meet parts and a little scrounging. Bought the jugs new. I last had it running 10yrs ago, then started redoing rear frame and but on the rear disc and wheel on, removed the oil filter and other changes.

Last edited by 36Indian; 07-16-2007 at 04:29 PM..