Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > Chopper Builder's Log > Big Bear Chopper Builds

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
ultima 3.5 belt drive questions
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: Today
Replies: 19
Views: 178
Won't idle
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: Today
Replies: 2
Views: 28
Northside Rigid
Last Post: Northside W&M
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 47
Views: 4,418
"Not the Normal" builds, from WCC
Last Post: frank636
Replies: 17,989
Views: 3,592,810
WCC Softail
Last Post: Half-Fast
Replies: 10
Views: 522
More...
Old 01-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2009 Medical Walker & All Aluminum Cane
Not Ranked     
BBC Venom Pro Street build/rebuild

I will try this again, as the first time I posted to the temp forum like a dumb ass. Anyway here it is again.

I am starting with a 2004 BBC Venom Pro Street. I purchased this bike in September 07. At the time of purchase it only had 800 or so miles on it and was actually assembled (finished) in early 07. But since it is snowing and cold here in Michigan, what better way to spend your winter than rebuilding an essentially new motorcycle. I need to have this completly finished by March 3rd in order to make the Detroit Autorama (March 7-9).

Here are a few pics of what I started with.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
My first order of business was to lower the front fender and give it a spear look. I filled in the mounting holes on the fender and raised them close to a half an inch. Now the fender sits much nicer to the tire. Also cut the front into a point.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:59 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I still need to move the front fender down another 1/8 inch. I will probably just open up the mounting holes a bit.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Next I cut the rear fender to a point and added 6" to the end, thus exteding the point farther down the tire.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Now that I got the basic look that I wanted time for disassembly. Off to the sandblaster...
Old 01-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Got everything back from the sandblaster. I ended up with an oil and gas tank full of sand. Nice!!! I was able to flush out all of the sand using acetone, and compressed air on the oil tank. I had to flush the gas tank with water first (there was just too much sand) then Acetone compressed air, I then sprayed the inside down with fogging oil (prevent rust).

I have decided to fill and smooth all of the welds, so the body work begins....

A couple coats of primer filler and some wet sanding will make the transitions much smoother.

Last edited by lowpsi; 01-30-2008 at 07:09 PM..
Old 01-30-2008, 07:10 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thats a lot of work but it looks like you know what you are doing and doing a great job of it. And the best part is it will be exactly how you want it. What is the new paint gonna look like?
Old 01-30-2008, 07:12 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I also decide to make some cosmetic improvements to the swing arm. Below are a few pics.
Before:

After:
Old 01-30-2008, 07:16 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Here is a pic of the work to the rear fender. I blended the fender struts in with the fender to give it the appearance of being one piece.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Here are a few pics of the rear fender mocked up. Getting very close to primer.....

[
Old 01-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Found an awesom set of Martin Brothers pipes on ebay. They were never used, but had scratches under the chrome from the flange all the way to where they step up to 2-1/4". WHich is fine as I am going to wrap that area in black header wrap and leave the 2-1/4" section chrome. The tips took a bit of getting used to but I like em. They have an old school Hot Rod feel to them.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMSchops
Thats a lot of work but it looks like you know what you are doing and doing a great job of it. And the best part is it will be exactly how you want it. What is the new paint gonna look like?
I am going with an all black frame, the bottom of the sheet metal will be black to about half way up, then to a silver tribal stripe, then the upper half will be a burnt orange/copper. I haven't decided exactly how I want the silver stripe to look. Probably won't decide until about an hour before it is time to paint. Even then I will probably change my mind.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I hit the frame with a "guide coat" Which when sanded allows you to see the low spots.

After sanding you can now see the low spots, in this case scratched from coarse sand paper.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Got the frame, swing arm, and oil tank ready for its first shot of HOK Epoxy Primer Surfacer. I put 2 temporary rafters in my "paint booth" to hang the frame and swing arm from. It kinda looks like some freaky torture chamber....

Old 02-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Here I am ready to spray. Just have to figure out how to drink beer and paint at the same time.............