Club Chopper Forums

Club Chopper Forums (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/)
-   Big Bear Chopper Builds (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/big-bear-chopper-builds/)
-   -   2007 Pro street sled "sprocktor" (http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/big-bear-chopper-builds/123247-2007-pro-street-sled-sprocktor.html)

fegarex 09-12-2021 02:31 PM

2007 Pro street sled "sprocktor"

I just purchased this bike and it looks like I need to replace chain/sprockets soon. Has anyone found a replacement for the rear brake disk/sprocket? I assume the wheel is common drilling but it a matter of finding a disk/sprocket combo that will work.
Thanks! Rex

Spade115 09-15-2021 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fegarex (Post 1288474)
I just purchased this bike and it looks like I need to replace chain/sprockets soon. Has anyone found a replacement for the rear brake disk/sprocket? I assume the wheel is common drilling but it a matter of finding a disk/sprocket combo that will work.
Thanks! Rex

are there any markings on the sprocket? could be an Exile, Choppers Inc or Ultima (I want to say they made some for a while)

You can convert it to separate chain and brake. any pics?

fegarex 09-15-2021 10:20 AM

Nothing I can see. The caliper says BBC but I am sure it is made by someone else. DNA makes one similar and offer a Sprocket/disk. I have a message into them but no reply yet. Want to keep it like this if possible.

Spade115 09-15-2021 12:02 PM

hit up Big Bear Choppers, its probably an ultima with BBC on their, But not sure without pics for sure.

does it look like this?

https://d3inagkmqs1m6q.cloudfront.ne...-581306538.jpg

fegarex 09-15-2021 06:33 PM

It looks similar. The names you mentioned helped. I found an Exile 48T sprocket and I assume this will work They have to be the same thickness to fit the chain. It is a matter of drilling but I am guessing the wheels would have a "standard" drilling. I am away from the bike now but I will try to get there tomorrow for a photo. Thanks!

fegarex 09-16-2021 11:35 AM

Thought I replied.
Thanks for the info. Found there was an Exile 48T one available.
Should be the same with as it has to for the chain. I am guessing the drilling is the same as well. Giving some makers names helped me out.
Rex

golfish 09-17-2021 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fegarex (Post 1288485)
Thought I replied.
Thanks for the info. Found there was an Exile 48T one available.
Should be the same with as it has to for the chain. I am guessing the drilling is the same as well. Giving some makers names helped me out.
Rex

To my knowledge, BBC never used Exile sprotors. Your best bet is to call Performance Machine in So Cal. A picture of the setup would really help out a lot.....

If it says BBC on it then it's probably a PM sprocket but I would call them to be sure.

fegarex 09-18-2021 01:50 PM

Thanks! I've been away and haven't got a photo but will get one posted

golfish 09-19-2021 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spade115 (Post 1288478)
hit up Big Bear Choppers, its probably an ultima with BBC on their, But not sure without pics for sure.

You could also call BBC and see if they can help. Since the BK they don't like to help with any of their bikes made in Big Bear. I don't know why he has to be like this.

I'd still call PM and see what they have to say. I've found them to be a big help. The sprocket might cost more but you'll know that your getting a quality product...

fegarex 10-04-2021 12:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 40975Sorry, I have been out of town. Here is a pic of what I have. I did call them and got nowhere. They really have nothing to do with the old company and offered no advice. I guess I understand.

golfish 10-04-2021 01:44 PM

Wow, you sure do need a new sprocket. That one looks like a saw blade..

It looks like the one I had on my 06 BBC DA. I'd call PM and see what they have to say. They might have sold them to BBC.

You might also call Pro-One in Upland Ca. They made the fork tubes for BBC, they might of sold BBC the sprokets.

I don't know if you can use a regular sprocket. I don't know why not. Maybe call John at Scooters Performance. He's always been very helpful to me.

fegarex 10-04-2021 02:04 PM

Yeah.. It might make a good blade! :LOL:
I will call them. I've done a lot of looking and the sprocket/brake has more "meat" on it so to speak. Most of the sprockets have slots in them and not just small drilled holes. It is almost off season here in Michigan so I have till next spring but have it as a winter project along with a couple of other things.
Thanks!!
Rex

fegarex 10-04-2021 02:25 PM

Performance machine did make them but no longer. The material vendor was a bastard. They were real helpful and got info from them. There is a 49 tooth out there and it looks like that may work. Maybe a slight milling but should go. I appreciate the help!

golfish 10-04-2021 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fegarex (Post 1288531)
Performance machine did make them but no longer. The material vendor was a bastard. They were real helpful and got info from them. There is a 49 tooth out there and it looks like that may work. Maybe a slight milling but should go. I appreciate the help!

They're a good company to deal with. I've lost a few nuts and bolts while using their products. They always replace them for free if I visit in person.

It sounds like you got the info you need...