Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > All Chopper Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
First build - beginner questions
Last Post: lorax
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 6
Views: 82
WTB: chopper fucker battery box
Last Post: John Spartan
Posted On: 10-14-2019
Replies: 7
Views: 3,314
My Evo 5 & speed in FLH 4 speed frame
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: 10-13-2019
Replies: 20
Views: 509
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: donald branscom
Posted On: 10-12-2019
Replies: 41
Views: 6,797
Project Blast!
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: 10-10-2019
Replies: 14
Views: 968
More...
Old 05-30-2010, 06:39 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: '92 FXSTC, '98 GSX-R1117
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddmaxxx View Post
-havent seen anything besides gold wings and 'storebought' HD...as far as new bikes go ...
Same here around the greater KC area. Lots of stock bikes. Rarely if ever see something chopped up but did see two guys the other day while I was out riding beautiful hardtail Shovels. Younger guys too, I think younger than my meager 38 yrs. But they knew their bikes inside out, and that impressed me. However, one of the bigger stealerships just made the move from their old inner city location to the interstate (gotta love HD marketing strategies) and I stopped in out of curiosity. EVERY bike in teh parking lot -- except one -- was bone stock or had tons of bolt-on HD accessories on it. The one that wasn't was a Road King w/ huge woofers molded into the bag tops and a 21"x3" front wheel and paint. Other than that, stock. Everybody was sporting HOG or LTR crap and trying to look their baddest. Think I was there less than 5 minutes before I'd had my fill and left.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:40 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Ass Blaster & Ultra classic
Send a message via AIM to Evodog
Not Ranked     
Less Billet.........more natural and painted !

Ohh! and pro-street is on the way out!

``Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity''.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:16 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Missing Custom build, AIH replacement
Not Ranked     
bikes

Damn long bikes choppers are out I wish somebody would have told me this. Cant be a hamster, not retired, but have a long bike, cant be a RUB, dont live on the West Coast shit I guess I just be a rider!!
Old 05-30-2010, 08:38 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1200 Sporty custom chopper
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayrr40 View Post
Damn long bikes choppers are out I wish somebody would have told me this. Cant be a hamster, not retired, but have a long bike, cant be a RUB, dont live on the West Coast shit I guess I just be a rider!!
sh!t...what constitutes a long bike? C'mon spill the beans man...how many feet are we talking? (I hope i'm not in the little bike category)
Old 05-30-2010, 08:59 AM
Know Nothing
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 06 BBC DA...
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayrr40 View Post
Cant be a hamster, not retired, but have a long bike, cant be a RUB, dont live on the West Coast shit I guess I just be a rider!!
oh! good..I guess I'll never be a hamster cause I'll never be able to retire. I just got my projected retirement statement from the teamsters yesterday

I can't be a RUB cause I'm not rich but I can be a UB
Old 05-30-2010, 09:00 AM
Know Nothing
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 06 BBC DA...
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Bob View Post
sh!t...what constitutes a long bike? C'mon spill the beans man...how many feet are we talking? (I hope i'm not in the little bike category)

if you can't make the turn at the DMV, its a long bike
Old 05-30-2010, 09:05 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: chopped hardtail 100"Evil Evo
Not Ranked     
Some ideas ppl come up with are pretty cool and will be around for a long time, take the belt drive for example, hell even HD picked up on that.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:01 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Big Wheel
Send a message via MSN to vision Send a message via Yahoo to vision Send a message via Skype™ to vision
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings View Post
Some ideas ppl come up with are pretty cool and will be around for a long time, take the belt drive for example, hell even HD picked up on that.
Now someone needs to come up with a belt that you can add links to.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: rubber ducky chopper project
Not Ranked     
triumph, BSA, Handa, some of the coolest chops in the 70's, foreign bikes have always been a part of choppers, if they are done right they are beautiful. I'm a quad camer myself threw and threw but i'm new to this whole thing...if i could get my hands on a cheap yamaha or kawi i would snatch it up to hone some skills and get better at building.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom Rigid
Send a message via Yahoo to Milenko
Not Ranked     
While I am not poor, I am also not what I would consider rich (spiritually perhaps, but not financially)... I think I am in a category where I have a sizable mortgage, two cars, and two kids who are going to be heading to college in a couple of years...

I would love to have a loaded up Harley Cruiser - but I will probably wait until I get all that other priority business out of the way - and by then I will be "old"... It may be that because guys like me can build their own for 10K, vs. paying near 20K for a stocker, they're willing to wait.

As for trends - I really don't care what people think of me, or my bike... I have no fashion sense - not worried about wrinkles, hair loss or any of the other vanity issues most guys my age have. There is a true freedom in not giving a shit what people think, and in a judgmental society it often catches people off guard a bit. There are more important things to worry about than what "the joneses" think...

I think the next trend will be modified dirt / street bikes... dual purpose...
Old 05-30-2010, 09:17 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom Rigid
Send a message via Yahoo to Milenko
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfish View Post
if you can't make the turn at the DMV, its a long bike
That's on the money there... Figure 8 on a 9.5 footer - ain't happenin'!
Old 05-31-2010, 06:22 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Pro street 121" TP and 100" rigid Shovel
Not Ranked     
Vision, I'll get back to your question after I watch the new American Chopper.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:41 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I just want to clarify the two terms being thrown around as it seems some posters are a bit unsure of their definitions.

RUB= Rich Urban Biker
Hamster=A motorcycle club typically viewed as the older celebrity rich guy club, but they say that membership only takes three things: 1. Owning a custom bike
2. Riding a custom bike to South Dakotaís Sturgis rally with the group, at least two years in a row 3. Receiving an invitation to join by another member

However they are super high dollar elitists in most peoples eyes, and it's their perogative to do so as is any clubs.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:00 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 04' TEXAS CHOPPER 124ci.
Not Ranked     
can you be a Hamster RUB?
Old 05-31-2010, 07:12 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2005 West Coast Chopper CFL
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston chopper View Post
I have seen more shovels, pans, knuckles ect . Stock frames and slammed front ends. Its like evrything else it goes in circles and old school is cool again. Triumphs , Bsa coming out of the woodwork. The older the better and you dont have to invest 1/2 a years salary to build one. Thats were its at as I see it. Dont know where it will go.
I Got to agree. When the wallets go dry, the old shit comes back around. Innovation in making the older bikes come back to life is what usually sets the trends. When money isnít as tight and people start spending, it seems to be that the people now earning start taking solid ideas from the broke fucks that put together a cool bike and chroming the shit out of them or taking them to an extreme until you want to go in an opposite direction as to not copy it, i.e.: bigger and bigger tires right back to thinner tires, super shiny trick paint and chrome to completely blacked out bikes. Some people have a knack for meeting in the middle and putting something together that will work through the trends and some follow with thier wallets opened.