Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > All Chopper Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Anyone use a Kraft Tech frame for their build?
Last Post: nglshbiker
Posted On: Today
Replies: 37
Views: 1,361
Big Bear Chopper primary questions
Last Post: pushrod243
Replies: 4
Views: 78
Damn rags
Replies: 6
Views: 144
Quick question about softail heritage saddlebags
Replies: 1
Views: 55
Damraider MIDS for sale/trade....CHEAP
Last Post: pop 28
Replies: 2
Views: 249
More...
Old 02-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: softail ss107 with baker 5 speed
Not Ranked     
fatso motor

exscuse my ignorance but can anyone tell me what 100 fatso motor is? thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Douchebaggery
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 05 Barefoot Choppa
Not Ranked     
The Fatso Motor, built from Harley OEM parts. (except crankcase, flywheel and connecting rods). Will drop right into any evo Softail frame! Original H-D 1550ccm cylinders, Twin Cam heads and rocker boxes. Displacement 100.2 cu.in. and 40 Nm torque, with stock CV carburetor and slightly modified stock exhaust.
The Idea is to combine the lower end of the well proven Evolution Motor with the upper end of the new Twin Cam Motor. From the Evolution Motor they retaine all known components like Timing Cover, Oil Pump, Lifter Blocks, Oil Filter and Single Cam. Then they added from the Oil Pump, Lifter Blocks, Oil Filter and Single Cam. Then they added from the new Twin Cam Motor the upper end components like the larger OEM cylinders with pistons, cylinder heads and rocker covers.

Last edited by Barefoot Choppa; 02-02-2010 at 12:52 PM..
Old 02-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: softail ss107 with baker 5 speed
Not Ranked     
thanks for the info .
Old 02-03-2010, 07:49 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
This is the route I originally was going with. I had bought the Ultima fatso cases, the cases are machined to accept the twin cam jug stud holes. Scored low mile twin cam jugs and heads off e bay. Bought new flywheels and rods, turned out to be the wrong stroke. I believe the combo does take a special piston due to the stroke and bore size, which I could not find or was too expensive. Thats when I bailed on the motor project and sold off the parts and bought a complete evo. That was 3 yrs ago. The fatso, or fatvo motor as some call it, can be built cheap and has decent torque and hp but it was too technical for my skill level. The idea of the motor is to have a stronger lower end combined with the twin cam top end for better cooling and be able to bolt it into an evo style frame.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Rigid Custom 08 Patrick Racing 113"
Not Ranked     
what is you take on the Rev Tech 4x4 motor ?
Old 02-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: chopped hardtail 100"Evil Evo
Not Ranked     
You shouldn't have bailed on the motor so quick. The stock wheels and stroke are fine. What you have to do is shave down the wiper blade because the cases are designed for narrow wheels and use indian 100" pistons (i picked up a set for 100 bucks). The pistons sit a little high so you have to make up some shim plates for the jugs. There's 2 ways to go with the wheels, use 5 piece wheels and change the pinion to the longer type or use the 3 piece wheels and have the pinion gear machined to line up with the cam gear. Once you put one together they're pretty simple and straight forward. The Evo bottom end is like a timex, it just keeps ticking. The biggest advantage of this motor is that you can get to 100" quickly, cheap and without paper thin case walls. This motor can easily reach big cubes with stroker wheels and shimming and still be very strong.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: PROSTREET 23" FRONT & 20" REAR, FATSO
Not Ranked     
Fatso / Fatvo Motor

Lotsa info here
http://www.bikerradiomagazine.com/fo...hp?f=16&t=3738

Its a long read, I have put together a rough parts list of nearly all thats needed to build one of these engines (Near the end of the thread)

I think 3-13/16" or 4" stroke flywheels are an easy way out for this build (just bolt together) as stroker plates / lower cylinder spacers dont have to be used
I am thinking along the same lines as the Demons Cycle 114" for those who know of it?
If you simply want a bigger engine or larger stroke stroker plates / spacers or even longer Twin Cam cylinders would be the go, S&S would have some longer cylinders but I have not looked into it, All the specs I have found so far are in the link above

Anyone have some thoughts on the subject, Anyone with some knowledge on engines, Mrscary or Scooterjohn?
Old 04-20-2010, 05:55 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Don't forget that the pushrod holes in the cylinder heads don't line up. Usually the offending holes are plugged (welded) and relocated.

I can't claim too much here since I am still collecting parts to build.

A stock 4-1/4" stroke Evo flywheel (4" for most TC) and TC cylinders bored out to 3-7/8" give a displacment of just over 100".

There are aftermarket cases that fix a lot of issues the TC upper will have with a stock Evo case.

The ChopperHandbook forum thread is a long read but has some good summary of information and details a prospective builder might get into. To be certain, this is not a simple bolt together engine (unless all aftermarket parts are purchased). It is also an exercise in engine building and not a cheap engine.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Fatso / Fatvo Motor

If you buy a set of Ultima or sputhe cases it is pretty much a bolt together engine (SHOULD BE?), Building one of these engines from a stock set of cases seems like a nightmare to me though

Its a shame Ultima did not build the cases with a little bit more deck height then with Indian pistons the bottomend would simply bolt together with no modifications - spacer plates/cylinder spacers, I would like to know the Sputhe Fatvo case deck height? Anyone?

Most people over look the Stroke firstly - Pistons pop up out of the stock TC cylinders (88" and 96" are 4.937" long) with a 4-1/4" stroke, With most pistons, Depending on the height ofcourse, (Indian pistons 1.400" piston height)

A 1/4" longer pinion shaft is needed
Aswell as the lifter blocks made for larger engines

Pasted from the Sputhe website:
PUSHROD SET
Part #3328F
Special adjustable chrome-moly pushrod specifically for Fatvo engines. With these pushrods it is unnecessary to modify the cylinder heads for push rod clearance.

http://www.sputhe.com/fatvo%20twin%20cam%20case.htm
http://www.sputhe.com/fatvo%20accessories.htm

I would much rather the engine to be all just bolt together without any welding / machining / Manufacturing spacers etc, But thats just me
I will have a set of Truett & Osborn 4" stroke Flywheels here hopefully in a few weeks, Then I only need a few little odds and ends and I will be ready to assemble the bottomend

Last edited by aussieprostreet; 04-20-2010 at 06:57 PM..
Old 04-20-2010, 08:18 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
You can't use stock cases, it's just to much work. sputhe delcron and ultima all make cases for this engine. Gotta use Indian power plus pistons and I think I raised the cylinders .180 with a .035 deck clearance. 5 piece evo wheels with an s+s pinion shaft kit or machine and shim a 3 piece evo pinion gear to fit. Early nose cone. Hi rise lifter blocks. I ovaled out the rear rod tube, made an aluminum insert with an O-ring seal. I't's a pretty straight forward build BUT it's not for a beginner you gotta be a gear head.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Hey Aussiepro thats gotta be a good street lite to street lite bike with a 4" stroke. How long before you get it done?
Old 04-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Fatso / Fatvo Motor

Good street lite to Street lite Bike? Whatta you mean?

When will it be done? How long is a piece of string
It is all starting to come together finally, On my budget I have been just collecting whatever parts that pop up for the right price (Next to nothing) I have mostly Jims and S&S internals, Keith Black / Silvolite pistons for the motor, New Arlen Ness cam cover, S&S lifter blocks etc etc, You get what I mean
I want the best parts for nothing basically and it seems to be working out pretty good so far

I need to find someone to balance the Flywheel assembly and the motor can be assembled

"Time is money, and I have plenty of time" Sort of a motto that has come about building this bike
It is really bugging me though that I have about 95% of the bike here ready to go
Old 04-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
heheh, I'm doin the same thing man. Lifes a bitch when you're low on cash.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:11 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I had other projects and things in the way, Physically and financially, Focused on the bike now though

I dont mind cause I have learnt all the part numbers and have a fair bit of knowledge on the Harley engine, Wheels, frames etc now, Wouldnt know what I know now if I had thousands to just buy all the stuff and pay someone else to do it all, And would not have the satisfaction of it being assembled by me and I have saved a crap load of money so far compared to others I have seen built especially in Australia, Kit bikes here are $20000+ and needing paint etc, I have seen people spend well over $50000 on an Ultima kit bike once they are on the road
Old 07-17-2010, 07:30 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
All you need to do is to go to www.delkron-mfg.com. These are the "go to" guys for FATSO stuff. Nice stuff at good prices.