Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > All Chopper Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Looking for speedometer like this one
Last Post: pushrod243
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 5
Views: 87
revtech 5sp woes
Last Post: STEINBVG
Replies: 3
Views: 308
ultima 18-530 kit for sale/trade
Last Post: jworm
Replies: 0
Views: 28
New build. CFL Style 6up
Last Post: Qwickk
Replies: 45
Views: 2,572
"Not the Normal" builds, from WCC
Last Post: ->Bullet<-
Replies: 18,054
Views: 3,716,472
More...
Old 05-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: work in progress
Not Ranked     
Solid Mounting the rear fender to the actual swingarm on softail frame???

I want to solid mount my rear fender to the swingarm of my softail frame (rolling thunder special order) for that rigid look.....

How much do I need to stretch the swingarm at the axle blocks to do this properly and allow enough space for swingarm travel etc?

Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2009, 10:02 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 280 prostreet 113 S&S
Not Ranked     
Why would you need to stretch your swingarm?Just buy a fender that hugs the tire.Im doing mine this way and bought a lowprofile fender and fits right in the swing arm
Old 05-14-2009, 05:06 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperkev View Post
Why would you need to stretch your swingarm?Just buy a fender that hugs the tire.Im doing mine this way and bought a lowprofile fender and fits right in the swing arm
Ok, thanks I wasn't sure.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:26 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 73 shovel CFL, 54 Pan, Z06
Not Ranked     
no need to stretch anyhting, find the fender you like that hugs the tire. mock it on the tire using what ever spacer you like some like fuel hose some like chain, some like stuffing the bones of their x wifes in there . what ever you like, then build the tie in struts/fender supports. they have to come off the swingarm of course and there it is too easy. order a few bungs from the bung king and his sissy bar kit and you will have the connectioins and steel allready to chop. and it is cheap. am i pluggin the bung king.... why yeas i am I totally dig his shit and like i said not rediculas on the price
Old 05-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 280 prostreet 113 S&S
Not Ranked     
Hey dirty d .Whos the bung king?He got a website?
Old 05-14-2009, 11:57 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 113" Softail
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Hey dirty d .Whos the bung king?He got a website?
uh..... http://www.bungking.com/osc/index.php
Old 05-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2005 home built softail, 95ci
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_chopper2 View Post
I want to solid mount my rear fender to the swingarm of my softail frame (rolling thunder special order) for that rigid look.....

How much do I need to stretch the swingarm at the axle blocks to do this properly and allow enough space for swingarm travel etc?

Thanks for any advice.
If your'e gonna mount your seat on that fender like a hardtail, my advice is dont do it, had that setup on one of my bikes, hit a large pothole at speed and WACK, lower back injury, couldn't fuckn walk for a week !!!!!!
Old 05-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty d View Post
no need to stretch anyhting, find the fender you like that hugs the tire. mock it on the tire using what ever spacer you like some like fuel hose some like chain, some like stuffing the bones of their x wifes in there . what ever you like, then build the tie in struts/fender supports. they have to come off the swingarm of course and there it is too easy. order a few bungs from the bung king and his sissy bar kit and you will have the connectioins and steel allready to chop. and it is cheap. am i pluggin the bung king.... why yeas i am I totally dig his shit and like i said not rediculas on the price
Thanks, thats what I needed to hear.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistonbroke View Post
If your'e gonna mount your seat on that fender like a hardtail, my advice is dont do it, had that setup on one of my bikes, hit a large pothole at speed and WACK, lower back injury, couldn't fuckn walk for a week !!!!!!
NO WAY dude its a softail frame so the seat is mounted to the seat pan area of the frame and no where near that rear fender.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:09 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:

Thanks for any advice.
0" to be safe. Just weld some bungs(www.bungking.com) on your swing arm to mount a rigid style fender. Place a 3/8 to 1/2 inch piece of tubing on top of your tire to use as a guide for fender to tire space. Its that easy.

Last edited by SOCAL; 05-16-2009 at 07:14 AM..
Old 05-16-2009, 07:10 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 73 shovel CFL, 54 Pan, Z06
Not Ranked     
hey Aussee if ya got any questions feel free to pm, and the bk website link is posted so go there get your parts and have fun. If you look on the CC BD's website lillianrosechoppers look at his bike he build called the shnizzie, it has the swingarm fender set up you are talking about. look close at how he did it really nice and clean. good luck man.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty d View Post
hey Aussee if ya got any questions feel free to pm, and the bk website link is posted so go there get your parts and have fun. If you look on the CC BD's website lillianrosechoppers look at his bike he build called the shnizzie, it has the swingarm fender set up you are talking about. look close at how he did it really nice and clean. good luck man.
Thanks, I will check that out.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:

Thanks for any advice.
Just finished my santee s/t with a rigid fender and I F***in love it .I did have to fab & weld some tabs on the tail to bolt the fender struts to but it was no big deal.The biggest problem I had was getting the seat mount to look good.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:29 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Santee rigid & Evo
Not Ranked     
And here I was thinking I was the only member on here from Perth... Mind you I believe Andy from Palace Cycles is still in town but he hasn't posted in here for as long as I can remember.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2009, 05:57 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Right, the fender ends at the top of the swingarm, then you use a piece of sheet metal in front of the transmission to form the lower fender.