Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > All Chopper Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
WCC Craigslist & Ebay etc. finds...
Last Post: PACO
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 401
Views: 43,738
evo lifter noise
Last Post: pushrod243
Posted On: 10-16-2017
Replies: 6
Views: 360
84 fxrt upgrade help
Last Post: pushrod243
Posted On: 10-16-2017
Replies: 3
Views: 133
85 fxst stiff clutch ez pull questions
Last Post: rubbersdown
Posted On: 10-11-2017
Replies: 8
Views: 125
"Not the Normal" builds, from WCC
Last Post: Spade115
Posted On: 10-11-2017
Replies: 19,267
Views: 4,918,852
More...
Old 03-04-2008, 11:25 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004 Hellbound Steel Wicked 107"
Not Ranked     
Hellbound Steel?????

I want to start off by saying how much I love this site. I spend so much time reading and soaking up info that I couldnít get anywhere else. Thanks to all you regs and gurus, you arenít just helping the person who posted, but you are informing lots of amateur wrenches!

Does anyone know the status of Hellbound Steel? I know there were some rumblings about them closing, but I never could find anything that definitely confirmed that. None of my emails to the links on the HBS site were ever answered.

If they are closed, are there any HBS gurus here that I can direct my questions to?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Plasterhead
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: '98 FXSTB
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank Lewis
I want to start off by saying how much I love this site. I spend so much time reading and soaking up info that I couldnít get anywhere else. Thanks to all you regs and gurus, you arenít just helping the person who posted, but you are informing lots of amateur wrenches!

Does anyone know the status of Hellbound Steel? I know there were some rumblings about them closing, but I never could find anything that definitely confirmed that. None of my emails to the links on the HBS site were ever answered.

If they are closed, are there any HBS gurus here that I can direct my questions to?
Thanks
I cant actually say about HBS, but if you have questions, there are plenty of gurus (im not one of them) that can answer anything you ask. HBS is just the frame, all the other components are basically the same as any other v-twin bike.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:28 PM
R.I.P. "MO" WE MISS YOU
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: shovel's for ever
Not Ranked     
no hellbound steel is one off bike, we made the frames the wheels the front ends every thing but the fork tubes,the brakes the rotors,even made our own handle bars and foot controls as for hellbound it's gone but might be back i don't know for sure it was the people that made the bike hellbound, i do miss the hbs days but i'm sure some other people do to, it wasn't an easy life lot's of over time and then the life style that go's with it if you need any info pm me will help all i can as i worked there for quite some time and can get any part you need as american made the company that produced all the parts is still open and i just talked to paul this morning as a matter of a fact and watch for the new motor cycle company coming out a more toned down chopper and guess what i 'm involed so stay tuned will be fun to be back building bikes again like i said any questions i'll try to help as for any warrranty work good luck i wish i could help on that wasn't my company i just worked for them , so keep looking the hellbound owners are still around .....scrotum
Old 03-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Plasterhead
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: '98 FXSTB
Not Ranked     
Wow fasthd, i stand corrected... I didn't know HBS or American Made made all of their components. I just assumed they were like AIH or BBC... Thats still not to say that if he has problems with anything, most aftermarket parts will work as replacements...right?
Old 03-04-2008, 01:46 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 04' TEXAS CHOPPER 124ci.
Not Ranked     
Not sure about BBC but, AIH did make quite a few of their parts "in-house" also...................
Old 03-04-2008, 01:51 PM
R.I.P. "MO" WE MISS YOU
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
some will and some won't but i can get anything you want as for hbs it was a f&n blast nothing like an r&d ride to vegas at nite runnin over 100 mph and getting paid for it so like i said watch for the new bike co.... well back to work.... ride a lot and allways have fun .......scrotum
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: None, yet...
Not Ranked     
They were sold down here in Australia for a while, but no dealer will touch them any more...
Old 03-04-2008, 05:26 PM
R.I.P. "MO" WE MISS YOU
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
whats up down under ????? i know that we shiped about 60 bikes i know of .what is the major problem????? let me know .........scrotum

Last edited by fasthd; 03-04-2008 at 10:12 PM..
Old 03-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
The dealer spoke too were saying that warranty claims and support were killing them. Said they were good enough bike in their own right though.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:41 PM
R.I.P. "MO" WE MISS YOU
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
thats a small problem i can get what ever parts they might need im sure its brake related stuff what ever it is i help all i can ...........scrotum
Old 03-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I also remember when I had my bike painted, that the painter had two HBS tanks from the dealer to be repaired and repainted as I think they were cracking around the gas caps. Either way, my local dealer no longer stocks them and now deals with Pro-1, Saxon and Big Bear.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:44 PM
R.I.P. "MO" WE MISS YOU
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
paint is allways an issue in production bikes try getting 1 bike painted just think about building 12 to 15 bikes a week was a pain in the ass and other places ,i laugh at the tv chopper shows they cry and pat each others asses when they pull 1 bike off try building 40 for daytona then having to go there and work to burnt to drink or party then fly home to work the next day no complaing just wishing i was 25 again well time to close up and go do book work at home for 3 hours .....scrotum
Old 03-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 121 TP 15" over chopped
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasthd
we made the frames the wheels the front ends every thing but the fork tubes,the brakes the rotors,even made our own handle bars and foot controls...
... any part you need as american made the company that produced all the parts
wow-wee
hellbound made everything, but american made produced the parts????

how can one make it yet it is produced elsewhere??

i'm sooooo confused!!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:13 PM
R.I.P. "MO" WE MISS YOU
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
lets see american made was own by paul c. and Paul owned half of hellbound so i guess in so silly little way we made our own parts i was involved in a lot of bikes like the stripper the single sided swing arm bikes and just about all the neet bull shit that go's along with being a big name chopper company i'm sorry to see it fail i loved seeing a pack of hellbounds flying down the highway all i can do i wish things had turned out different but i'll throw the bones again well got to do my paper work later............scrotum
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 325221190640258_235.jpg (3.3 KB, 608 views)

Last edited by fasthd; 03-04-2008 at 10:28 PM..
Old 03-04-2008, 10:43 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasthd
i was involved in a lot of bikes like the stripper
Now that's a bike I would have liked to have seen down here. Something simple, with a timeless "old school" look, and probably more affordable than the bigger Choppers.