Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > All Chopper Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Hellion CFL Build.
Last Post: SKT
Posted On: 12-13-2017
Replies: 492
Views: 99,214
Need help all around.
Last Post: pushrod243
Posted On: 12-13-2017
Replies: 3
Views: 132
Spade belt guard work with BDL TF2000?
Last Post: Damraider
Posted On: 12-12-2017
Replies: 4
Views: 213
shift linkage
Last Post: rem hamilton
Posted On: 12-10-2017
Replies: 2
Views: 163
Brake Lines
Last Post: caymanchris
Posted On: 12-10-2017
Replies: 6
Views: 1,015
More...
Old 03-05-2008, 12:01 AM
R.I.P. "MO" WE MISS YOU
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: shovel's for ever
Not Ranked     
well stay tuned working on something right now hope i can do it the big tire chopper is old news, and looking to a new look mixed with old stuff i wish i could pull it out of my head ....have what i want to build just getting it down on paper as i'm doing my books from the shop...scrotum
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 325221190591746_235.jpg (2.6 KB, 324 views)
File Type: jpg 325221193586946_235.jpg (2.6 KB, 291 views)
File Type: jpg 325221202081794_235.jpg (10.1 KB, 340 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 121 TP 15" over chopped
Not Ranked     
[quote=fasthd] american made was own by paul c. and Paul owned half of hellbound so i guess in so silly little way we made our own parts/QUOTE]

wow-wee
if you make all your own parts then supply wasn't an issue.
if demand exceeded production there is no reason to close down.
if production exceeded demand then there was a management error.
if there was a quality issue...well.........

so if i produced my own parts and put the bike together too, why doesn't hellbound become a one of cycle. build them after there is an order, per WCC or any of the other small time operator/builders on this forum instead of going through this:

is Hellbound still open???? bullshit.

come out and advertise that you have down sized but still operating instead of the silence which leads to rumors which leads to innuendo.

as the various chopper companies go down people will lose faith in ever seeing them comeback,(like illusion, indian,henderson, aih, etc etc) and will lump any other company that burps in the same catagory.

but last but not least if there is an issue of ownership of name or money issues....

well then your fucked.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:45 AM
DON'T WORRY - BE HAPPY
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
As far as I know, HBS is gone, and I don't know that they will be back

My take on it is that they were a victim of their own success

They made some kick ass bikes, that sold in the $35K range that were comparable to bikes in the $65K range

But in an attempt to increase production, they moved into a new larger factory, tooled up to quadruple production, and their growing pangs hit right as the bike market started to go south.

Scrotum will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he was building ALL of the motors himself, and with only a few other guys, was putting the bikes together shorthanded, as they were having a hard time finding competent help

I'd like to see them comeback, because I feel that they were/are good guys, and put together some cool bikes.

Scrotum's got his own thing going now, with, I think, some pretty cool stuff in the works

Last edited by Merlin Hawaii; 03-06-2008 at 10:33 AM..
Old 03-05-2008, 12:17 PM
R.I.P. "MO" WE MISS YOU
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
you guys nailed it it was to big to fast and right when it started to go south with the market hbs had large loans i left jan 06 and they moved and it strated to fail took some time to die but it was s slow sad death. i mss the fun like 80 hour weeks and the parts were easy to make but it was a high cost hbs only had 6 of 7 production people i did all the motors from 04 to my leaving date a coupla wireing guys 3 of 4 builders i fired them and made any last minitue call the they brough back a person who left to go build bikes for bears that shit in the woods he was part of the burning of rome you might say. but all in all they were good bikes and i loved doing it now?? i'm trying to get going again with more rideable bikes cross the stripper with a hellion and throw in some hillbilly thats what you will see so if any body thinks this is easy come on down i have tools you can use to show me your talent .....scrotum
Old 03-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004 Hellbound Steel Wicked 107"
Not Ranked     
Well, I hate that hbs is gone. My 04 Wicked is BAD ASS and I have had a few problems, but from what I have seen, that comes with the territory.
Maybe some of you can help me with my new problem.

A week or so ago while out riding my bike refused to start only making a clicking sound. Its been cold so I thought maybe the battery was weak, pushed it off and thought nothing about it. Pushed it off 2-3 more times that night (at every stop) went home and put her on the trickle charge. After a couple of days same thing "click" only.
I started by replacing the Bosch starter relay. Nothing.
I was then convinced that it was a bad starter. Replaced the starter with a Ultima 1.4kw. Nothing.
All I get is the click of the compression release opening on both heads. The started never tries to engage, no drain on the battery what so ever. With the lights on my battery reads 12v (12.5 without key on) and drops only slightly when I hit the start button 11.5-11.75. WTF.
What am I overlooking?
Please, any help would be great.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:08 PM
DON'T WORRY - BE HAPPY
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
The only other thing that it could be (assuming that your new starter and all connections are good) is either the battery or the grounds.

Check that the powdercoat on the frame battery grounding lug has been removed. Check to see if there is powdercoat in the threads of the grounding lug as well. You should also have another ground cable to the starter mounting bolt

Even though your voltage drop test on the battery shows not that much of a drop (< 1 volt). the only way to effectively test your battery is to have it load tested at a shop or auto parts store

Especially if it's an '04 bike, and the battery is the original that came with the bike. My guess is that you need a new battery

Take a piece of 10 ga. wire, 24" long, and jump it from the pos. battery terminal to the relay terminal on the solenoid. You are then effectively isolating the starter and battery from everything else. If it doesn't turn over, it is your battery, grounds, (or starter)

If it does turn over, it is something in the wiring between the relay and the starter (you know your relay is good, as the comp. rel. operate off the starter relay)

Last edited by Merlin Hawaii; 03-05-2008 at 11:50 PM..
Old 03-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 121 TP 15" over chopped
Not Ranked     
wow-wee

had the same problem years ago. did all that everyone did above. finally got a new battery. started up great
now i buy a new batery every two years regardless.

so your battery is t.u.

get a new one.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:30 AM
R.I.P. "MO" WE MISS YOU
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
thank you merlin for helping with the starter problem waqs busy last nite building building bikes is more than fireing up the tube bender and welding up frames looking at insurance and epa crap so back to my day job
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2008, 10:31 AM
R.I.P. "MO" WE MISS YOU
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
thank you merlin for helping with the starter problem was busy last nite building building bikes is more than fireing up the tube bender and welding up frames looking at insurance and epa crap so back to my day job
Old 03-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004 Hellbound Steel Wicked 107"
Not Ranked     
I'll grab a new battery on the way home and let you guys know this evening
Old 03-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Know Nothing
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 06 BBC DA...
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasthd
i left jan 06 and they moved
fasthd, that new building is really nice, where were they before they moved into the new building?

Quote:
they brough back a person who left to go build bikes for bears that shit in the woods he was part of the burning of rome you might say.
I guess you don't care too much for Clint
Old 03-06-2008, 05:06 PM
R.I.P. "MO" WE MISS YOU
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
never trust a man who go's and rub's another man's rhubarb and comes back to rub yours they were at haven and jersey in rancho cucamonga also i hear the new building is gone

Last edited by fasthd; 03-06-2008 at 05:10 PM..
Old 03-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Know Nothing
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
never trust a man who go's and rub's another man's rhubarb and comes back to rub yours they were at havn and jersey in rancho cucamonga also i hear the new building is gone
I understand.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Know Nothing
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
also i hear the new building is gone
I missed this part....as in sold? man! you'd think they would have held on to that if there's a plan to start back up.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:56 PM
R.I.P. "MO" WE MISS YOU
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
thats what i hear i'll get more info sunday when i talk to papa joe pauls dad