Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > All Chopper Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
First build - beginner questions
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: 10-18-2019
Replies: 23
Views: 330
WTB: chopper fucker battery box
Last Post: John Spartan
Posted On: 10-14-2019
Replies: 7
Views: 3,417
My Evo 5 & speed in FLH 4 speed frame
Posted On: 10-13-2019
Replies: 20
Views: 583
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: donald branscom
Posted On: 10-12-2019
Replies: 41
Views: 6,939
Project Blast!
Posted On: 10-10-2019
Replies: 14
Views: 1,046
More...
Old 10-02-2007, 02:09 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireforeffect
I'd have to question the common sense of the builder who put that bike together. That's just one of those things that screams "I have no clue what I'm really doing, but damn, this sure looks cool." Most folks don't know the difference between cool and safe. This is unfortunately one of those cases.
If you are sayin that Jeff doesn't know how to build bikes then you are sadly mistaken. Going back to some of the guys that run no front brake at all or how about suicide shifts since you will want to keep both hands on the bars at all times. All about personal expression. What you like and can handle, especially if you don't ride like an idiot.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2007, 02:24 PM
CC CRITIC/TROUBLEMAKER
Visit my Photo Gallery

Location: ITZ MY HOUSE IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT GET THE FUCK OUT, ..
Bike Year, Make, Engine: CFL W/MONSTER 127" FATBOY W/PUNKASS 80"
Not Ranked     
its funny how people bash movie stars for wanting materialistic things we broke fucks have, as for me, i could careless who has what or who wishes he had what, its whats in my garage or whats about to be in my garage, what matters to me most.......
Old 10-02-2007, 02:50 PM
PART OF THE CREW FUCK OFF
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 07 919
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by //THE HATER\\
its funny how people bash movie stars for wanting materialistic things we broke fucks have, as for me, i could careless who has what or who wishes he had what, its whats in my garage or whats about to be in my garage, what matters to me most.......
im with you..tell ya the truth... i dont even look at other bikes,,unless im being polite..or a free coffee is involved
Old 10-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 02 rigid choppa, 03 Geezer-Glide, 47 AJS
Not Ranked     
Quote:
There's form and then there's function. The 2 can be - and are - combined in a lot of bikes. But in looking at Pitt's bike, the form comes across loud and clear and I'd have to question the common sense of the builder who put that bike together. That's just one of those things that screams "I have no clue what I'm really doing, but damn, this sure looks cool." Most folks don't know the difference between cool and safe. This is unfortunately one of those cases.
If you want safe, ride a stocker. When you go custom there is a certain amount of unsafeness that comes along with it. As far as the brakes they are right in line, 70% braking power from the front is not practical with these bikes. Both of those bike look very well built to me, but as safe and sound as a stock HD... no way, but that's just the way it is...
Old 10-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: '92 FXSTC, '98 GSX-R1117
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith
If you are sayin that Jeff doesn't know how to build bikes then you are sadly mistaken. Going back to some of the guys that run no front brake at all or how about suicide shifts since you will want to keep both hands on the bars at all times. All about personal expression. What you like and can handle, especially if you don't ride like an idiot.
I think they build some awesome bikes and have for a long time. It's the dual 4-piston rear brake setup I question -- and the sanity of it. I personally wouldn't ride it. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. Given the habits and inattentiveness of today's drivers, I want the best brakes I can get, not one that's going to lock up on me in a panic. You plan for the worst, not hope for the best. Most car-bike accidents are the fault of the car driver, not the rider. A friend of mine ate it the other day doing 40 on a side road here in KS when a soccer mom in her Trailblazer pull out from her driveway taking a left turn while looking to her right and never once looking to her left as she crossed a live lane of traffic. She narrowly missed another friend that managed to evade her. He had less than 50' to react when she pulled out on him.

Last edited by fireforeffect; 10-02-2007 at 03:15 PM..
Old 10-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by apehangeralfy
If you want safe, ride a stocker. When you go custom there is a certain amount of unsafeness that comes along with it. As far as the brakes they are right in line, 70% braking power from the front is not practical with these bikes. Both of those bike look very well built to me, but as safe and sound as a stock HD... no way, but that's just the way it is...
Alf -- who says that form and function cannot be combined? You assume risk just by riding a bike. Braking power isn't the practicality of it, it's physics when the weight shifts forward as you brake regardless of which brake you use. If you want to assume risk, leave a loaded revolver out in the garage; spin the cylinder, put it to your head and pull the trigger before every ride. That to me is what this boils down to. Not coolness, or want to be a badass, but the ability to save yourself in a panic situation. If that bikes sits in his garage, or a showroom floor, or on a rotating pedestal, then so what? But if an inexperienced rider is on it, panics and locks it up and kills himself, who's to blame? The rider or the builder? That one can go round and round here.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
I want the best brakes I can get, not one that's going to lock up on me in a panic.
I hate to tell you but my stock drum brakes on my 67 will lock up just as easy as my disk brakes on my 04 if I hit them too hard. If you panic and hit the rear brake it is going to lock up no matter what you are riding. Not trying to start anything but you have to know the limits of what you are riding and how it handles.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 02 rigid choppa, 03 Geezer-Glide, 47 AJS
Not Ranked     
I see your point, but I'd rather have too much braking power then not enough. With the style of that bike you won't get the weight transfer like you would on a more traditional bike. I'd go as far as to say that bike is probably closer to 50/50 (maybe more towards the rear) brake ratio than a 70/30, most of the weight and traction is on the rear in this case. Long choppers with a 300+ rear tire is probably a 30/70 ratio towards the rear. Different types of bikes, that's all. Them again I've been wrong before...
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I'm tracking your point. Too much brakes, yes, but for this rider just not on the rear regardless of what type of frame/suspension. But then yes, it all depends on wher ethe majority of the weight is sitting. More to the rear, then yeah you need more brake out there. I'm riding a Softail and a GSXR, so my braking needs are 4-pots f/r on the Softy and twin-6s/4-pot f/r on the 1100. And to be honest, I'd prefer to have twin front disc on my HD.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Evo sportster bobber
Not Ranked     
Buy what you can afford and ride what you want, ain't AMERICA a beautifull country, if it's a nice scoot I will admire regardless of who owns it and because I can't afford one doesn't give me the right to put it down. I think I'll go for ride in my bitt up scoot.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 92,Spartan Custom, 93" shovel
Not Ranked     
you're all just jealous................................OG

"I hope I don't poop before I get home" ................ BFG
Old 10-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 98 Fatboy
Not Ranked     
It looks cool, I would ride them.
I would like to clear up one thing that some of you have missed noticing in your life in the US. That if you have the money, and alot of money anything goes with the law. Plus I would hate to see my Police chasing Brad Pitt much less any none felony crime to hard.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith
I hate to tell you but my stock drum brakes on my 67 will lock up just as easy as my disk brakes on my 04 if I hit them too hard. If you panic and hit the rear brake it is going to lock up no matter what you are riding. Not trying to start anything but you have to know the limits of what you are riding and how it handles.
I know you're not, neither am I. It's nice to be able to discuss something w/out the "discussion" devolving into a flame fest. My whole point -- and the one I'm sticking to -- is that they've overloaded the rear braking on the bike. They've made it TOO easy to lock it up w/ only MINIMAL effort. My 2nd bike was a Honduh 750 Shawdow w/ a drum rear brake and I could like that thing up like no one's business compared to the 4-pot PM I've got on the back of my HD. But then my HD is a helluva lot heavier than that old '83 Shadow too. And I know my bike and how far I can push the brakes before they'll lock and skid on me. My concern is them selling a bike like that to some doofus who doesn't know how to learn his bike before tryign to ride it to its limitations. Has nothing to do w/ their ability, I just question how they did it. Like I said before, I've seen their bikes since I started riding in '91 and looking at them closely since '95 -- I love their style, and I would ride this particular bike as long as I felt it out first. Somehow me thinks Mr. Pitt won't be so particular. But then he could be out there trying to drag a knee on it too, so what do I know?
Old 10-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1976 Shovel
Not Ranked     
Just my opinion, but it's ugly 'aint it? The front end looks about 1/2" to 1" too short. The brake should be on the left side of that fine Invader wheel; and who cares if the oil bag isn't under the seat --if you can see past the goofy exhaust, there's still a gang of crap stuffed under there anyway. I can only imagine what Brad paid for this custom built attempt at a rat-rod.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:43 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 74-74
Not Ranked     
I know Bob Phillip from Wizard Creation has built Brad a bike in the past. I don't know if he built this bike?