Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > All Chopper Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: chopperfugger
Posted On: Today
Replies: 16
Views: 1,463
Kickstand Replacement or extension
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 4
Views: 337
New bleeder valve won’t fit:(
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 1
Views: 47
2007 Big Bear Screamin Demon Parts List
Last Post: eisej
Posted On: 07-21-2019
Replies: 10
Views: 507
BBC Odometer Cycling
Last Post: eisej
Posted On: 07-21-2019
Replies: 0
Views: 33
More...
Old 10-15-2005, 11:13 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 04 HAYABUSA 1300CC
Not Ranked     
He can't hide forever. How about importing some Texas boys to do some southerly lookin around for him Seriously though, can enough complaints get charges brought against him and have him arrested?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2005, 04:38 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 RSD 300
Not Ranked     
This whole thing just absolutley blows my mind!! This has to be completely due to poor business skills because the sales were there for this to be a strong company. Even though some here don't want it said, Mid-West has put out a few nice bikes and have a few very happy customers.
It makes you wonder if maybe they had a good employee originally that kept everything in check and kept quality machines heading out the door and then he left and everything turned for the worse or something??
My shop policy is to use customer's money to order customer's parts and when the transaction is over, whatever is left, no matter how small, that belongs to me.
Again, it just all blows my mind.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:48 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: one of the worlds fastest baggers
Not Ranked     
Jay...those are good biz policies...good to hear from you
Old 10-15-2005, 05:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2005 Paramount Custom
Not Ranked     
Its simple fiscal iresponsibilty. Ego driven, customer disregard.I dont know whether the intent was to rip people off, but when a business lives outside its means and consistently funds its last shortcoming with its next deposit the inevitable eventually happens. This guy wanted to be B Lane, Jesse J and all that, but forgot that customer service and financial reason always must come first.

Im really not surprised, remember this is the same outfit that allowed 20000 potential customers to view a thread here that looked pretty damned negative and never even had the sence to sign on and adress the real problem personally.

What a fucking tool. I feel bad for the recipeints of this and hope you are all made whole.

Bryan the only thing I disagree with you on is feeling sorry for him, he fucked people and should get exactly what he deserves.

I have no sympathy for pricks like this-
Dutch
Old 10-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
i only feel sorry that he had a good thing and made the wrong decisions...i dont feel sorry for him for the outcome...his wife & kids now have to suffer as well and i feel sorry for them...poor choices, we've all made them...his was big and the consequences will be catastrophic for many
Old 10-16-2005, 07:54 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Dropseat rigid,300tire, TP 114" DC&Pol
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by Bryan TTM
i only feel sorry that he had a good thing and made the wrong decisions...i dont feel sorry for him for the outcome...his wife & kids now have to suffer as well and i feel sorry for them...poor choices, we've all made them...his was big and the consequences will be catastrophic for many
His wife was part of the company and now is part of the problem. I plan on go the police on Monday to file a formal comlaint with another customer of MWC. This guy is a low life, he ripped off 27 customers and can not even be found by the police or the local newspaper. He is in hiding. Every customer deserves to get either their money back are all the parts that were supposed to be put on the bike.

Maybe some big name shops will hear about this and try to help in someway.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:02 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
diesel...i agree with you....stand up and do whats right...post up, we're interested...a man reaps what he sows
Old 10-16-2005, 10:03 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: which one do you want to talk about??
Not Ranked     
i am a local builder in eastern iowa , the other night at a local bar i learned of this deal... i have never liked that shitbag chip miyler aka "master builder" what a fucking clusterfuck... you "never" use a customers money to fund shit till the deal is done and they are satisfied.. i am a small shop and i am also friends with the guy who done his painting here in my local town.. and he owes him like 15 large for doing work like the tribute bike and ect.. you can be assured if i see the sumbitch i will throttle his ass personally and give diesel what he wants.. we all are in business to make money to support our hobbies lifestyles ect.. the prison bitches like this salad tosser fuckin throw a wrench in to a finely tuned rewarding life for all. fuck him and his whore wife i hope get whats coming to them.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:38 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004 Swift Tormentor
Not Ranked     
F***! I met with Chip, his wife Chrissy, their two little girls and salesman Doug Niles on October 5th. After spending 4 hours with then DROPPED $14,000 as a down payment on a build. The Check was cash on the 7th!!!

I have file a police report... once again F***!!
Old 10-16-2005, 10:42 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
MWC

thanks for the support Custom Cycles. I am out over $45k. This asshole needs to be delt with by all. Us bikers need to stick together when a shit hole like this comes around.

Last edited by deisel; 10-16-2005 at 10:44 AM..
Old 10-16-2005, 11:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004, Midwest Choppers , S&S 124
Not Ranked     
Isn't he in the local phone book ??
Old 10-16-2005, 12:10 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I am not sure what the "big shops" are going to do to help in this situation unfortunately. If you would have brought your money and your business to us in the first place, you would have a bike now most likely.
I am saddened by the black eye the industry just took. It reflects badly on all of us and creates an air of distrust. The fact is that you always use customer money for that customer's parts. This way, everyone is always paid up to date at any given time.
If enough people file complaints, there will be serious ramifications here.
Did anyone by bank wire transfer across state lines? If you did, it now becomes federal jurisdiction and the FBI can aid the investigation.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:57 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by Phantom
I am not sure what the "big shops" are going to do to help in this situation unfortunately. If you would have brought your money and your business to us in the first place, you would have a bike now most likely.
I am saddened by the black eye the industry just took. It reflects badly on all of us and creates an air of distrust. The fact is that you always use customer money for that customer's parts. This way, everyone is always paid up to date at any given time.
If enough people file complaints, there will be serious ramifications here.
Did anyone by bank wire transfer across state lines? If you did, it now becomes federal jurisdiction and the FBI can aid the investigation.
I just spoke to Doug Niles and he did say the FBI was at his house. Chip was not there no suprise. I just would like the big players to get the word out about this "A" hole.

Doug also did say that there are still some customer bikes and parts in the shop. thats all I know for now
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Doug was good to me...he has a concious, and a key to the shop...go to galesburg, get Doug to help you recover your loss....when they missed my last delivery date, Gearhead informed me to go again unannouced...glad i did, i stayed at Chips expense til it was done...now, you go, hopefully Doug will help
Old 10-16-2005, 04:14 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
There is one thing the professionals in this industry have no patience for and that is getting screwed or seeing a handful of good customers getting screwed. You now have a bunch of qualified buyers that won't trust any of us from here on out. That is a loss to everyone of us in the place that it hurts the most. Chip won't find a safe haven anywhere in the industry.