Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > All Chopper Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
First build - beginner questions
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: Today
Replies: 23
Views: 307
WTB: chopper fucker battery box
Last Post: John Spartan
Posted On: 10-14-2019
Replies: 7
Views: 3,375
My Evo 5 & speed in FLH 4 speed frame
Posted On: 10-13-2019
Replies: 20
Views: 569
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: donald branscom
Posted On: 10-12-2019
Replies: 41
Views: 6,885
Project Blast!
Posted On: 10-10-2019
Replies: 14
Views: 1,018
More...
Old 10-14-2005, 08:32 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
i think bryanttm also has a good motorcycle, with few problems, and thouroghly enjoys it... i dont think anything bad of the bikes at all, just seeing rumors here. but i have the feeling they might become the truth.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2005, 11:49 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
damn, has their website expired in the last few hours???

or is this not them? www.midwestchoppers.com

Last edited by gypsy chopper; 10-14-2005 at 11:53 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2005, 12:21 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Dropseat rigid,300tire, TP 114" DC&Pol
Not Ranked     
Websit

MWC website has been shut down. I emailed the creator of the site and told him he should look into MWC and that he ripped of all of his customers and shut the business down. If we all write to every publication we me be able to get somewhere with some publicity about this asshole.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:36 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004 Hardcore II, 98 FLHTPI, CFL Started
Send a message via Yahoo to superjet
Not Ranked     
Hey Diesel,
First off, sorry to hear you are in the position you are in right now.
Have you checked out this thread:
http://www.clubchopper.com/t29471-15-1.html
It seems BOSS stumbled on some information that may help. It is an interesting read from front to back.

Best of luck to you.

Jamie
Old 10-14-2005, 01:05 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 01 FLHTCUI
Not Ranked     
Hey Dair clubchopper folks............ sorry dat any of utes had to deal wit a cat like dat. In dis Industry alot of folks want to git rich off of honest folks like us.......... Midwest aint de first company to do dis type of shit............ it has been like dis since de first days!

............ do utes remember

Titan?............ bankrupt once........... dey may do dat again
Ultra?............ de same
American Eagle?............. moved to another state to avoid law suits.

...........now des just be a small part of de folks dat wanted to git rich, and didnt know how to run a bussiness.......... Again I be sorry if any of utes had to deal with shitheads like dis........ de ole saying, if ya want something dun right, do it yerself........ even wit bikes dat can apply.

talk to your local Goverment agency, law enforcement, and if dat shit don't work, do tings de ole fashion way and beat de shit out of de shit dat took your hard earned cash!

............nows enough of dat, its' Friday and I feel de need for another panocha taco, and another round of as de bong turns!
Old 10-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 99 fxdwg
Not Ranked     
mwc

Chip has shut down and he has made the front page of the galesburg regiester mail newspaper. Sounds like he has screwed alot of people over. He is wanted for questioning and can't be found. He has also filed personal and buss. bankruptcy before the oct. 17 deadline. Like I was saying in an earlier post anybody that he owes money to needs to contact galesburg police or knox county states attys office to help build the case against him. He still owns a $225,000.00 home that he supposedly has equity in maybe put a lean against it. Good luck to all who have fallen prey to such a scam artist, if i can help in any way i will be glad to do some foot work for anybody that needs it. charley
Old 10-14-2005, 01:19 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom prostreet - 124 KJ S&S, 330 rear
Not Ranked     
Diesel,

I feel awful for you right now, and I can only imagine that strange mix of fear and anger that you may be experiencing.

There are three paths you could follow:

1) Pursue criminal charges
2) Pursue a civil case
3) Take matters into your own hands.

You probably want to contact the District Attorney with jurisdiction in Galesburg, IL. and establish that a crime has indeed been committed. See if they will pick up the case and have him arrested and detained. You'll be in a stronger position for restitution under those circumstances.

Going the civil route is time consuming, expensive, and rarely makes you whole. Your lawyer will be able to afford a new bike when it's all over with, and that's about it.

And of course finding Chip in person and settling things "wild west" style could be effective, but may also land you in the clink. It's been my experience that liars avoid confrontation, and are generally more fearful than most folks. Fear is a helluva motivator. Under duress, people sometimes find ways of making things right.

I've already written V-Twin magazine earlier this year and protested loudly that they featured Midwest Choppers as a "Master Builder" when there was so much evidence of NHTSA compliance failures on record. It does their readership a disservice. I later found out that the "article" was a paid advertisement written by Midwest Choppers, yet they did not disclose it as such. I cancelled my subscription in August. No use paying to be deceived. I can be deceived for free by so many others....

Please keep us posted about your progress!
Old 10-14-2005, 01:19 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
well his website schedule put him at biketoberfest, and something in louisiana the last two/three weeks of this month
Old 10-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: one of the worlds fastest baggers
Not Ranked     
i own a MWC...its been one of the best bikes i've ever had...been riding it almost everyday since it was delivered on March 20, 2004...i know lots of you have issues with Chip and MWC...i'm very sorry if all this is true...Chip started off the same way as some of you describe with me, but i made 4 unannouced visits to his shop...its a 1000 mile drive one way...during those visits Chip was always very accomodating, his staff have always been glad to hear from me....but they never knew when i might just show up and i stayed in touch with them...my first visit was 6 weeks after my 1/2 down deposit and i had been told my frame & tins were ready for paint...when i got there they did not have my frame...so i stayed until they got one and i personally cut the fenders and worked with his staff on the tank...i enjoyed it alot, they were good people who worked for him..on each subsequent trip my bike was as promised...it has had very few problems but then i'm no dumbass about mechanics or custom rides...i do very little maintenance and know it'll run for years, looking good and riding well...because of the personal relationship i've developed with them, i'll stay all out of this...i am truly sorry for anyones loss, including Chips
Old 10-14-2005, 01:37 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: > 1
Not Ranked     
Today's local paper...

http://www.register-mail.com/stories...N0QV.GID.shtml

I'm someone who had big problems with them a while ago, and the federal government verified those problems, and more. If this is true, all I can say is, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Karma baby...

Last edited by Gearhead; 10-14-2005 at 02:48 PM..
Old 10-14-2005, 01:55 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I'm not clear about something - Are there a few different "Mid-West Choppers"? I'm not referring to the distributor "Midwest Motorcycle Supply", I'm referring to the actual shops.

If there are different ones, could someone post the website addresses for each "Mid-West Choppers", and let me know exactly which one is being referred to in this post?
Old 10-14-2005, 02:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004, Midwest Choppers , S&S 124
Not Ranked     
For me, the strangest part is my wife LouAnn told me the place would end up like this a year ago.

I kept giving Chip and his shop the benefit of the doubt, every time there was a problem, a delay, a miscommunication, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Live and learn.

Here she is smliling at me !!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p1010004 (330 x 441).jpg (44.5 KB, 2203 views)
Old 10-14-2005, 03:33 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 10ft. long custom
Not Ranked     
I gave mwc a visit back in december 04 to build a bike for me. I didnt get a real good feeling with these guys. Thank God I went with somone local!! I feel for ya deisel

http://www.caldavid.com/911/911.swf
Old 10-14-2005, 04:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2005 Paramount Custom
Not Ranked     
lebofsky, so your bike was a bitch- look at it this way-at least youve got an intuitive wife who appears to be very hot- you can always build another bike-=Dutch
Old 10-14-2005, 04:24 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: rigid shovelhead
Not Ranked     
Sorry to hear of your problem with mwc Diesel.

About 4 months ago a friend visited & then called me & asked about him........... I only relayed what I read here - both bad & the 2 goods.

Thank goodness he didn't give this shitbag any money!! He is a smooth talker & apparently just a down right thief.

Hopefully someone will return the good favors he's been dishing out. Hopefully they will find him in time to identify him without dental records.

Its shitheads like this that cast a merky cloud on every custom motorcycle based business in the US of A.

PACO