Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > All Chopper Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Jack shaft and BDL JS bushing support
Last Post: golfish
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 22
Big Dog fwd controls NEW
Last Post: Guru Romania
Posted On: 01-17-2018
Replies: 3
Views: 346
Looking for Talon lowers
Last Post: KevsChopper
Posted On: 01-17-2018
Replies: 13
Views: 982
WTB: chopper fucker battery box
Last Post: John Spartan
Posted On: 01-15-2018
Replies: 4
Views: 701
First post of bike....with pics!
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: 01-15-2018
Replies: 1
Views: 125
More...
Old 12-15-2003, 07:30 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 78 Custome Shovelhead
Not Ranked     
Man, some guys can really talk a whole lot of shit, can't he? I mean it's one thing to be candid and say what one means on this forum but saying uncool especially untrue things about another rider isn't very cool. Sound like Odessa has lots of issue with Billy Lane. If you ain't got nothing good to say, keep your ignorant comments to yourself. Talking trash is not going to impress the girl either.
Just got to put in my two cents.
Old 12-23-2003, 08:30 PM
Member/Admin
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 96 Yamaha Virago 750
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by Odessa
dont fall for the high-school drop out loosers who happened to get lucky tig-welding a few pieces of metal together.
http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/wsra...3/segment2.asx
Old 12-23-2003, 08:49 PM
Member/Admin
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 96 Yamaha Virago 750
Not Ranked     
Part Two

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/wsra...3/segment3.asx
Old 12-23-2003, 09:01 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thanks for posting the interview. Very cool. QC
Old 12-24-2003, 06:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 02 Custom, 04 Blown RoadKing Custom
Not Ranked     
After listening to the audio Billy sounded like he designed the hubless wheel system (with/because of his engineering backround) ?

I was under the impression that:

http://www.osmos-wheel.com/pages/concept.asp

Designed the hubless wheel?
Old 12-24-2003, 07:35 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I don't think he said anything about designing the hubless wheel. He designed the bike that has a hubless wheel system and he said that it was difficult and if you weren't careful you could get hurt. One might get the impression about a lot of things, like Odessa who had thought Billy Lane was uneducated because of his freaking hair.
Old 12-24-2003, 07:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 74 Ironhead
Send a message via Yahoo to RippoDippo
Not Ranked     
Most likely He worked with the Designers and adapted it to the Motorcycle.

I'd say the Flinstones Designed the Wide tire Look
Old 12-24-2003, 07:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 74 Ironhead
Send a message via Yahoo to RippoDippo
Not Ranked     
I really like his forward controles. His position of them must be Plus 3" Simple clean smart!
Old 12-27-2003, 02:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1989 Softail/102"Shovel
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by Odessa
yeah, all the best fabricators seem to suck at Mechanics. Paul Teutel Sr and Jr don't know shit about Wiring or Engines.
Please don't tell me you consider the Teutels among the "best fabricators". Are we talking choppers or hand rails here?? I'm just asking.

^^ CLICK^^
Old 01-04-2004, 12:15 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: '79 sporty, xs650's, '82 nighthawk chop
Not Ranked     
hey....good thread. couple things i'd like to ask / say. it seems from what i've read in this thread (i haven't read 'em all) that the pricing of these high end choppers has been inflated by the percieved popularity of custom vehicles these days. would you say this is true? and are you saying that if i was in the market (in my heart maybe..in my wallet? well it's a little dusty in there) for one of these units and have the necessary skills to "asemble" one that i could come away with something comparable to billy's or wcc stuff (in a layman's eye's)at a third the price?

oh..and as far as the hair..haha. i work on a railroad during the summer (7 years next season). had hair down to my ass when i started...lot's of rednecks and hard drinkin' natives on the railroad. the hair was trouble..i shaved it off, left a goat, and poof! now i'm shop steward and running equipment on the surfacing crew. people really stuck me in a slot when they first saw me with that mop..kinda like mikey on occ only skinnier. so now my hair is 1/4 " long, i don't have to dick with it all the time, doesn't pick up grease and stuff when i'm under the machines..and i don't have to work twice as hard proving i'm not some kinda burnt out hippie. trouble is it's still long on the inside so i still come up with some hairbrained ideas at times. haha..imagine me working for you?

geez..a little more than i meant to say

later

oh..and if i was to build / buy it would be something along the lines of wcc's cfl's. i like that geometry..seems like they're meant to ride.

Last edited by loonatic; 01-04-2004 at 12:33 PM..
Old 01-04-2004, 01:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Choppers
Not Ranked     
Well I have hair too my azz ... several degrees ... and was retired from HAVING to do anything ... (although I now just make money at what I like doing) ... before 21.

Kinda shoots the whole long hair and enjoy dispair theory to hell huh ... your brain power, creativity, and clever business ideas have NOTHING to do with looks.

The scum bags at Enron all had quaffed hair, fake smiles, and starched suits ... and look where they took hard working people!

Paul Yaffe - made snide Comments and lost the contest

same for Dave Pierwitz and that Simms dude!

Billy and Larry made me Proud to be an individual.
Old 01-04-2004, 01:37 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: '79 sporty, xs650's, '82 nighthawk chop
Not Ranked     
wow...before 21! that'd be pretty cool alright. me, looks like i'll be at it 'till it hurts too much to keep at it the way things are pointing.

where you stand depends on where you sit i guess..both my winter and summer jobs require me to spend lots of time up to my elbows in grease and oil. i'm pretty sure long hair doesn't necessarily define your individuality, i think it starts when you take your first breath.

but about the bikes..
Old 01-04-2004, 01:52 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I have enjoyed the true uniquness of billy's bikes. Some other names being thrown around really don't do much more than assemble custom ordered pieces.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:58 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Harley Davidson, 1999, Dyna, 88ci
Send a message via AIM to ChopperChicDixi Send a message via Yahoo to ChopperChicDixi
Not Ranked     
Re: billy lane

I actually know of a great web site that you can visit for Billy Lane pics it is WWW.EASYRIDING.NET
I actually talk to Billy Lane all the time and he is a great guy. I just met him while he was in Dallas while he had a lay over and he is very polite. And, I think his hair rocks! I didn't think I would like the whole dread lock thing but it fits him well. Beyond all of that you have to give him credit he builds some pretty awesome choppers. For a guy that is that young to be able to take from the old style and incorporate it with the new rocks in my book. I love the Pan Head's and Shovel Head's and he is doing an awesome job. Not to mention he is good looking. I'd still ride his bike first though!

Quote:
Originally posted by guitargurl
umm, im kinda new so i dont know if this is the right forum. well anyway, i have looked all over the place for pics of billy lane. not his bikes but pics of him. i cant find any. does anyone know a web site that has pics of him. they can be pics of him on a bike but not just the bike. thanx if anyone can help me.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: PMC
Not Ranked     
I know Billy also, we do some projects together, He is a great guy, and one hell of a craftsman. He has made a great name for himself both personally and professionaly in the industry. I was on the DC deal with Paul Yaffe (we did his wheels), and he's a good guy too, just a bit of a smartass by nature.
-rich