Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > All Chopper Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Considering this Chopper help needed
Last Post: Captain America
Posted On: Today
Replies: 4
Views: 102
Hello from Louisiana
Last Post: Ejblives
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 0
Views: 32
Help finding Spike air filter for Ironhorse
Last Post: Gunreaper
Posted On: 08-15-2018
Replies: 31
Views: 733
Aluminum girder frontend
Last Post: PRFCT
Posted On: 08-14-2018
Replies: 0
Views: 68
WCC parts for sale?
Last Post: strippersnhogs
Posted On: 08-13-2018
Replies: 3
Views: 199
More...
Old 12-09-2003, 10:30 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 60 pan
Send a message via AIM to HarleyHoney
Not Ranked     
Babe I would luv to help,but lookin myself!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2003, 02:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Ridge Chopper,03,S&S 124
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by HarleyHoney
He's missin out!
Have any pics to share of your 60 pan.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Still Working on it
Not Ranked     
I love that open back wheel design that billy has on his bikes, don't much care for the rest of his bike, not that im knocking his "abuiidity", But if i can steal that idea to put on my build, i'll come up with the rest. I like some of Paul Yaffie's idea's too, but don't care for the streatched out look, so i'll steal a few more takes from him. sooner or later i'll have enough ideas to build my bike, isn't that what it's all about. Why should i pay( let's not forget i have to pay in Canadian dollors ) $150,000 for some lump ride that has no warrenty and shakes apart. What am i paying $150k for ???. My buddy built a bike thats every bit as nice a ride as Lanes for $56k Canadian!!. Not only that but what happens when it comes time to sell it, who's going to pay even close to that kind of dollor for a used bike. By the time it comes to sell that expensive chopper the builder will most likely be long forgotten. Hey maybe by then i'll be the builder of day and i can sell it as an early Diamond Design and the smithstonian will want me to donate it .............HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMM
Old 12-10-2003, 12:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Ya i saw that Periwitz/Lane build off and i agree that Periwitz kept taking breaks to pat himself on the back. Then surrounding himself with his buddy's to pat him on the back some more. Then mocking Billy for his problems. Then after that seeing the look of "WWWWWWHAT" when Billy took the trophy, looks good on him. I thought Billy handeled that whole deal quite well. I think the whole "AssFire" thing was really bothering him, he knew he made a mistake but he did'nt want to admit it on tv, so he tried to let it slide, i mean come on!! you can't tell when your on fire. Hmmmmm just ignore it it will go away. Kind of like Bill Cosby's comedy act when hes talking about the soccer players game getting televised, guy gets booted in the nuts and he won't let him grab himself becouse he's on tv. I figured Billy was on tv so he wanted to look different and came up with this design to try to show what he can do, and it failed, "Damn, should of thought about the failure factor".......egg on face. He even said in the beginning of the show, he wanted to try something that nobody else has done
Old 12-10-2003, 06:55 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Boston Cycles "Bean Town Bomber"
Not Ranked     
ohhhhhhhhh ya!...that look on Periwitz's face was worth a miilion bucks. His ego is bigger than the price tags on his bikes. His remarks on one of Jesse's first shows about "being in this business for over 30 years and I'm not one of the new kids on the block." really set me off. This guy really thinks he is God's gift to building bikes. Talk with him for a few minutes and he'll tell you that himself. Here is a guy who has been building bikes for 30 years and can't figure out the difference between a "sled" and a "chopper". After all, it was supposed to be a chopper build off, wasn't it? Don't get me wrong. If you appreciate customs, he builds a nice piece. But his attitude towards other builders really sucks.
Old 12-10-2003, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: '89 XL 883, NRHS 1212 conversion
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by FatBC
ohhhhhhhhh ya!...that look on Periwitz's face was worth a miilion bucks. His ego is bigger than the price tags on his bikes. His remarks on one of Jesse's first shows about "being in this business for over 30 years and I'm not one of the new kids on the block." really set me off.
I think it was Ron Simms that said that, Perowitz was talking about how he used a springer, and not a rigid...for a little bit of comfort...

But I also think Perowitz is a bit egotistical, as well as being a little dorky at the same time.
But as far as having the biggest ego problem, I think Paul Yaffe takes the cake.
Old 12-11-2003, 02:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Here's your picture of Billy Lane, he's the dredlock MF on the left
Old 12-11-2003, 06:26 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
FatBC,

Not to piss you off, but I think engine is right about the Ron Simms/Perowitz quote. Either way, they both sound real conceited to me. I thought those bikes of Simms were about the nastiest things I've ever seen. I mean seriously, what's wrong with a solid color bike without skully and demons and dragon and metal flakes and pearl and color changing paint?

Haha, anyway, I think Billy Lane has one of the best personalities towards bike building. Sure, he roasted his butt, but you gotta love how he laughed it off (and threw the $1000 Paul Cox seat in the ditch!).
Old 12-12-2003, 08:19 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: don't got one yet
Not Ranked     
thankyou diamond, i ended up drawing one from my head for my school project. turned out ok, plus got some extra credit for drawing it. lol. but the pic is still apreciated. looks like a nice bike he's starting.
Old 12-12-2003, 10:02 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Boston Cycles "Bean Town Bomber"
Not Ranked     
Engine and Iwantachopper,

I stand corrected on the quote and thanks for the heads up. A lot of the inspiration I have for creating customs comes from looking at what other builders have done. And I hope that someday my work will inspire other builders/fabricators as well. Guys like Indain Larry, Billy Lane, Paul, Jr., and Jesse James have all got great personalities and attitudes for the business. There are more tallented builders out there today than ever before and I can't help but think that these guys are partly resposible for that. (if even only a very small part). As for Perowitz, his laughing and snickering at Billy Lane really showed his arrogance. How can you really respect a guy who gets his laughs at the expense of someone busting their ass (and burning it as well!) to get a job done? Too bad Billy didn't get the chance to "measure up" the bottom of his boot to the mouth of that short little fat guy!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2003, 10:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Im into hotrods more then i am into bikes. although i enjoy them both. Maybe im missing something here but i just don't get where the expense is in a 150k, 200k, 300K.....Bikes. What the F.. cost that much!!. I can build a hell of a rod for what these bigtime bike builders charge. Not only that but look what you got on a bike it's 2 friggin wheels!!!, i have a whole damn car. Don't tell me it's the wheels becouse i have 4 not 2 on the car and they're every bit as nice, and what paint???, give me a break theres alot more work going into the painting af a rod then there is on a bike. Don't tell me it's the mural work either becouse how much metal do you have on a car compared to a bike. How often do you see a 10K+ paint job on a bike. Motor?, nope 8 pistons compared to 2. I just think that the reason there are bike builders falling out of the worlds ass is becouse the buisness is so lucrative. Theres has to be a HUGE mark-up on these parts. Now most of us are not privy to the inside shops of 99% of these builders, but based on these tv shows you can see say OCC that it takes one guy about three weeks to make a custom chopper and then turns around and sells it for $150k. Thats about 17 choppers per year to the tune of about $360k, and thats one guy in your shop, what are the other ones doing. What are talking about here maybe 2-3 mill per year, less expenses and taxes, how about say 1mill in your pocket. Lets put in t-shirt sales, parts, extras how about adding another mill ontop of that. Not including endorsment deals for tv apperances for the filthy few.

So now heres some guy with an engineering degree( or whatever some dude may hold ) going to work in his chosen field making what $50k a year, but has some talent or maybe some interest in metal work. And lets face it, they're some guys building their own bkies in this forum, HOW HARD IS IT!!!. With a bit of mechanical knowledge it can be done by the great unwashed out there. Why?, becouse it's only 2 wheels, heck you can build it in your living room, it's like a big kid erector set. Don't get me wrong im not saying it's a sinch, but it's not that hard either when you can order most the hard stuff pre-assembled, farm out you paint and a few other items( isn;t that what OCC does ), do the labour yourself and BINGO you saved $100K. Im i wrong here or am i blowing smoke?, maybe im missing something
Old 12-12-2003, 10:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
sorry my math was wrong, getting too wound up writing that thread, try 17 bikes per year at $2.55 million, less expenses, say about 1.2 mill just for that one worker, then add the rest. Lets say round it off to 2 mill in your jeans, NOT TO SHABBY
Old 12-12-2003, 06:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
$

$
Old 12-12-2003, 06:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
party fun

he's cool
Old 12-13-2003, 01:34 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Diamond-

You make a good point about the cost of a bike project. I think the reason a lot of guys don't build themselves a bike in their garage is because they don't think they can do it (is it really that hard? I haven't personally done it). And then everyone thinks they don't have the time.

And I'd think that the people who do have the money to blow $100k on a bike would rather brag to their friends that Jesse James built their bike instead of themselves.